Price drop thank you

birdiebill

Thank you Princess and CC for the price drop change savings. I have been reading on Cruise Critic about price drops for the past few months. I did not even consider that they existed prior to reading Cruise Critic, and my wife and I have been on four prior Princess cruises.

Today I noticed on the Princess site that the price for my Feb 2015 cruise was listed at $140.00 per person less than when I made the reservation on line a couple months ago. I called Princess and was not only given the new price, but there was also an additional $50.00 drop per person in the price due to a special mail offer/Captain Circle launch savings.

We saved a total of $380.00 in the price plus received an additional $200.00 in on board credits. Total savings of $580.00 that we would not have received had I not been an avid reader on CC.

That is a great price drop. Congrats on your savings.

I have not been able to take advantage of any price drops myself, but I have learn so much from Cruise Critic. I found there were so many people that think the food at IC is not free, but thanks to CC I knew and was able to pass on the knowledge to follow cruisers.

So I went and checked on the website and rather than just updating My Princess (which is what I've been doing), I went back to the beginning. When I went to make a brand new booking I discovered that our price had indeed dropped. And there was an additional offer of $200 per person OBC!!

I called and they've adjusted our rate. With the base price reduction and the extra OBC, we've saved almost $700!!! :D

Thanks birdiebill! :cool:

Love price drops. Booked the Royal T/A over a year ago and got a nice discount and OBC from my TA. Princess dropped fares to close to what I was paying, got refared plus additional $100 OBC. I'm now paying $1,500 less than the current Princess pricing for a cabin down the hall.

Edited by Pam in CA

Sorry...... not Pam..... but just wanted to say our TA does give a discounted percentage on the new lower price:D
Yes. It's not usually at the same rate as the Princess fare drop since I'm already getting a discount and paying less than the new fare. It all depends on the promotion, however, and whether my cabin category is eligible. Sometimes, fare reductions are for new bookings only or for certain cabin types or categories.

Ok just checked and our prices have dropped about $300.00 each. So how does one go about getting them to give you the difference in price?

If you used a T.A. contact them, if you booked through Princess just call them. :)

Yes. It's not usually at the same rate as the Princess fare drop since I'm already getting a discount and paying less than the new fare. It all depends on the promotion, however, and whether my cabin category is eligible. Sometimes, fare reductions are for new bookings only or for certain cabin types or categories.

. . . that it happens to us all! We have our #1 Wish Cruise booked for 2015 with our new TA. So pleased with her, but hoping that we can partake of a "fare drop" to make it even better. :rolleyes:

Congratulations to all how received the "fare drop" from the price fairy! :D

Love price drops. Booked the Royal T/A over a year ago and got a nice discount and OBC from my TA. Princess dropped fares to close to what I was paying, got refared plus additional $100 OBC. I'm now paying $1,500 less than the current Princess pricing for a cabin down the hall.

Great Saving Pam.

I also checked the price for my cruise yesterday and it had also dropped. I called my TA to see if I could get it and expecting an answer of "This is only for new bookings" and Suprise Suprise. Got just under $700 off the price. I am one happy bunny!.

Chez

I just noticed a June 7th sailing out of Whittier for $599 in a balcony on the Coral Princess. Great price, but you have to figure in the cost of the flight to Anchorage if you don't have miles. I keep watching, hoping for a round-trip deal out of Seattle or Vancouver, as we live in Seattle and Vancouver is only a couple of hours drive north.

We mostly sail Princess, but have currently booked two Cunard cruises that we found as "Price Drops" one in August and one in November. The price we paid for both cruises is less than half of the currently listed prices, plus we got substantial OBC on both cruises.

Love Price Drops!

Congratulations! :) I check daily for our B2B on the Royal next Feb-March and it's actually gone up since I booked.

I check every few days. So far, I have received a $40 reduction (better than nothing), but last time I checked the fare had gone back up.

Edited by Ryndam2002

I check the fares for our Feb 2015 cruise every couple of days -- noticed on Monday that the fare seemed to be much lower so asked my TA to check it out. We got a fare reduction of $495 each PLUS additional OBC of $100 each. Doing my happy dance!!:D :D Twirl!

I check the fares for our Feb 2015 cruise every couple of days -- noticed on Monday that the fare seemed to be much lower so asked my TA to check it out. We got a fare reduction of $495 each PLUS additional OBC of $100 each. Doing my happy dance!!:D :D Twirl!

Good for you......love those price reductions....keep twirling:D

Hmmm. thank you -- since we use the same TA -- they always drop the price but don't re-apply the discount -- ever in 12 years of using them. I guess I will need to ask from now on:)

Another thank you for the heads up on the price drop...just heard from our TA about our Feb. Hawaiian cruise...we got a reduction of over $300 per person. YEA...thanks again.

Arlene

Nice to have a TA who checks for price reductions on their own.

Nice to have a TA who checks for price reductions on their own.

I check, but my TA does, too. In fact, she's the one who got me the one tiny reduction so far on my upcoming Royal repo.

The past 2 repos I've done have had several, sizable reductions. So far, this one has had nada. I am a solo sailor, and am really hoping for a reduction (that way I can stay in Florida and take either the CB or Regal 3 or 4 day). :D

Maureen