balcony "ocean view" question

Going on Allure this summer. I just changed rooms and was able to get a balcony. I am sooooo excited now after seeing all the pictures I've seen. Now I'm wondering if I messed up!! :o When standing on the balcony looking down at the ocean, how far out do the life boats stick out? I know there is plenty of ocean to see but I get mesmerized looking down at the water flowing next to the boat. Will I be able to see that or are the life boats in the way?

I know there will be some smart replies and I welcome them but this is a serious question for me.:p

thanks

Going on Allure this summer. I just changed rooms and was able to get a balcony. I am sooooo excited now after seeing all the pictures I've seen. Now I'm wondering if I messed up!! :o When standing on the balcony looking down at the ocean, how far out do the life boats stick out? I know there is plenty of ocean to see but I get mesmerized looking down at the water flowing next to the boat. Will I be able to see that or are the life boats in the way?

I know there will be some smart replies and I welcome them but this is a serious question for me.:p

thanks

The lifeboats barely stick out from the side of the ship at all. I don't think your view down with be materially affected.

Which deck are you on? If you are on the one right above the life boats, then they might get in the way a little, but we had no problem on deck 9. The boats are tucked in, so they don't block the view too much.

We are on deck 7

The lifeboats are just below deck 6. We've had a deck 6 balcony with a lifeboat right under us and it really didn't effect the view. I should also add that in some areas there are larger gaps between the lifeboats or no lifeboats at all. Have a great cruise.

We are on deck 7

You should have a pretty good view, since you have a deck between you and the life boats. If you are very concerned, see if there are rooms in your category on deck 8 or 9, that you can just move to, with out paying more. You can switch to any room in your category with out an additional charge.

Your eyes will naturally be drawn to the water...not the lifeboats. They won't restrict your view, any more than your feet do! I mean, when you look down, your feet are there...but that's not what you look at....same with anything in your way....you simply won't focus on that, but will look to the water. No biggie.

...No biggie.

Sorry but for some people - OP and myself, for starters - it is a biggie. I do not want an obstructed view from my balcony, and that includes looking straight down. If the pilot is being dropped off or picked up, I want to see it. If there are flying fish or dolphins, I want to see them. I like to see the ship cut through the waves. I enjoy having a completely unobstructed view, and I suppose OP does too, hence the question. :)

Haven't been on Oasis but we were on the Jewell on deck 7 and the lifeboats were right there. You could not look directly down into the water to watch for dolphins etc which my DH would have liked, but since this was our first balcony that we weren't expecting due to upgrade after final pricing we were ok with it. If it's important to look directly down may want to consider, but if you are ok with just having to look out a little ways you'll be fine.

Sorry but for some people - OP and myself, for starters - it is a biggie. I do not want an obstructed view from my balcony, and that includes looking straight down. If the pilot is being dropped off or picked up, I want to see it. If there are flying fish or dolphins, I want to see them. I like to see the ship cut through the waves. I enjoy having a completely unobstructed view, and I suppose OP does too, hence the question. :)

I think what the poster meant was that the obstructed view was not obvious, not that it wasn't an important thing. We will be on deck 6 on Oasis tomorrow (woohoo!) and from what I've heard, it will not affect our view while sitting down. You will still be able to see flying fish and though we rarely see dolphins while cruising in the Caribbean ( we see more at home in Florida), you would be able to see them, too.