TV's on Ruby Princess

Crown Cruiser

I agree, not the same as the new flat screen's on the Sapphire either.

They are just a large computer monitor. Maybe 35 inches.

One thing that is a plus for the "Large Computer Monitors" is the ability to hook up a portable DVD player to watch movies you may decide to bring along. The On Demand Royal/Regal TV's do not allow this. Some have advised that they were successful in hoking up some devices, but for the most part, it does not work.....:):):)

Bob

One thing that is a plus for the "Large Computer Monitors" is the ability to hook up a portable DVD player to watch movies you may decide to bring along. The On Demand Royal/Regal TV's do not allow this. Some have advised that they were successful in hoking up some devices, but for the most part, it does not work.....:):):)

Bob

Although you cannot change the input to the TV's I believe some people reported that they disconnected the coax (?) input to the TV & used that for their connection to view their own movies. Hopefully they keep the older TV's on the other ships for a while longer.

Bob

On my recent trip on the Royal, I tried to hook up my iPad/computer to the Viewsonic monitor with an HDMI cable. The monitor clearly has an input, but I failed due to the ability to choose "Video in" was blocked, not only on the remote (which did not have a select option) but also on the TV, which became clear when trying to select "Video In" when using an alternate Viewsonic remote (downloaded to the iphone) as the message oin the TV clearly stated "Function disabled".

In addition, the monitor is nailed to the wall and does not swing, the space between the monitor and wall is no more than an inch or so, so you have to work a little at getting the HDMI connected as you can not see the input (and it does no good anyway as per above)

It is clear to me, that Princess does not want anything hooked up to the monitor and have effectively blocked being able to do it

On my recent trip on the Royal, I tried to hook up my iPad/computer to the Viewsonic monitor with an HDMI cable. The monitor clearly has an input, but I failed due to the ability to choose "Video in" was blocked, not only on the remote (which did not have a select option) but also on the TV, which became clear when trying to select "Video In" when using an alternate Viewsonic remote (downloaded to the iphone) as the message oin the TV clearly stated "Function disabled".

In addition, the monitor is nailed to the wall and does not swing, the space between the monitor and wall is no more than an inch or so, so you have to work a little at getting the HDMI connected as you can not see the input (and it does no good anyway as per above)

It is clear to me, that Princess does not want anything hooked up to the monitor and have effectively blocked being able to do it

Since you cannot change the input to the TV how did the posters I read about connect to the one activated input? via an HDMI, VGA or coax? Are their connections to the TV connect done by an HDMI cable? Sounds questionable.