our first cruise on Oasis and already problem that no seems to help with with cs

So I booked our first time cruise on the Oasis and got a couple of excursions which my daughter like but decided to change them to something else so I changed them online and immediately withing a few days got my refund back on my credit card within a few days. I than decided to book a different excrusion for $89 a pp a total of $178 for both of us and I had only hit the button once to accept it and lo and behold, I got charged twice and on my amex card there are 2 charges of $178 on the same date and time. I called and they said that theor computer systems where acting up and to keep calling back. Well this was May 31 and I have been calling every other day because all the cs people tell me that they have sent it to the correct dept and someone will call me to let me know that it has been processed. Well, no phones or emails so I keep calling them back and my cruise just a week away and I am out $178 that I was planning to use for drink package. Today I called and they said that their accounting dept are short staffed and it may take a few more weeks and they have to go thru many refunds. If I got an email saying that a refund is on its way, I would be happy but nothing nada and I do not know what to do. I have called 3 seperate numbers and no one can tell me when they will refund me my $178. not a good way to start off a cruise. I sure could use that money for other stuff on the cruise.Two weeks have gone by and no resolution yet. any where else I could call?:(:(

The same thing just happened to me for a cruise on Oasis in September!! Booked Replenish package and 3 dining options.

Payment screen came up showing double the amount taken.

Spoke to Charlie in Guatamala who was very polite but took no details. Stated weekend website issues and to call back on Monday!

Rang the IT option. Arnold, supervisor in Guest Support. Says there have been issues on Oasis sailings that they are aware of. He said it would be automatically refunded. I told him if it isn't automatically refunded by Monday I will be cancelling the packages as I am not prepared to wait for a payment cycle to come around. I fly out to meet Legend on Monday......

Thank you for the heads up.

I just triple checked the reservations I did today.

The Confirmation EMail I got looks strange

(I don't see the reservations I made for a connected booking. However the totals are correct.)

Also the SMS I received from the CreditCard company is correct.

Sorry this happened to you....but I would call the Credit Card Company and save such aggravation.

This happened to us with a Limo company. They charged us double. It is very EASY to file a "dispute" charge on your card. Ours was taken care of in 24 hours. Good Luck and have a wonderful cruise. The Oasis is AMAZING..:o

Indeed, if RCI can't fix it, dispute with AMEX. Don't pay it.

Agreed! Dispute the charge with Amex and then it will be taken off your bill for them to research. No worries.... Life is too SHORT. Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you for all the replies. I did not want to dispute with the cc company before the cruise but if it is not credited after the cruise, I will definitly dispute the charge. I have taken screen shots of the double payment, The screenshot of the excursion page with the correct prices, all the names of people I have talked to so hopefully it should be easy.

Thank you. It is so frustrating because that money would have gone to royal caribbean because I wanted to purchase drink packages and other stuff. I think I will call in and order drink package which I will need anyways over the phone instead of online.

You just got to love Royal's accounting department (sarcasm fully intended :rolleyes:).

I had a $52 charge show up on my debit card yesterday and I was trying to figure out what it was. Turns out it was for a gift shop purchase I made back on APRIL 11. Guess they finally got around to collecting the funds. :eek:

Thank you for all the replies. I did not want to dispute with the cc company before the cruise but if it is not credited after the cruise, I will definitly dispute the charge. I have taken screen shots of the double payment, The screenshot of the excursion page with the correct prices, all the names of people I have talked to so hopefully it should be easy.

Thank you. It is so frustrating because that money would have gone to royal caribbean because I wanted to purchase drink packages and other stuff. I think I will call in and order drink package which I will need anyways over the phone instead of online.

Why do you care about before vs. after? Disputing the charge will not impact your cruise in any way.

Just call and say "I was charged twice." That's it. End of story. You don't need screen shots or anything.

Amex will give you an immediate credit and will give you the final decision within 30 days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just be aware, if you do dispute the charge with AMEX, RCI will flag that card and you will never be able to use it for a cruise on RCI again.

Just be aware, if you do dispute the charge with AMEX, RCI will flag that card and you will never be able to use it for a cruise on RCI again.

And before anyone tells mema, "No, that's not true, that's ridiculous"....it IS true. It happened to me.

This is ridiculous. When RCI wants money owned to it they provide deadlines and threaten cancellations. And just try to walk off one of its ships with anything more than a zero balance on your seapass account. But when they mistakenly take our money they can make all kinds of excuses and "fix" the problem whenever they get around to it. And if you have the nerve to bring your credit card company into the mix then RCI will simply bannish the card from being used forever even though YOUR credit card account is perfectly good. RCI will never fix their IT department because it is a convenient excuse for everything that goes wrong in the company.

Edited by Ocean Boy

This is ridiculous. When RCI wants money owned to it they provide deadlines and threaten cancellations. And just try to walk off one of its ships with anything more than a zero balance on your seapass account. But when they mistakenly take our money they can make all kinds of excuses and "fix" the problem whenever they get around to it. And if you have the nerve to bring your credit card company into the mix then RCI will simply bannish the card from being used forever even though YOUR credit card account is perfectly good. RCI will never fix their IT department because it is a convenient excuse for everything that goes wrong in the company.

Very well stated. Agree so ridiculous.