Radiance Class! Brilliance

You have to ride the outside glass elevators down to dinner it is very cool! It was just past sunset for me really beautiful. The back deck 6 is awesome and the centrum and the outdoor sitting is amazing past WJ and dont forget to check wetness of chair. My cabin of 7040 was less expensive, but big balcony and no blocking from life boats. Just loved that ship and my 1st cruise back in a decade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

You have to ride the outside glass elevators down to dinner it is very cool! It was just past sunset for me really beautiful. The back deck 6 is awesome and the centrum and the outdoor sitting is amazing past WJ and dont forget to check wetness of chair. My cabin of 7040 was less expensive, but big balcony and no blocking from life boats. Just loved that ship and my 1st cruise back in a decade.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I think we have one of those staterooms too. We're in 7160, and it looks like the balcony is pretty big for an E2.

With our last 2 on the Serenade and Radiance, the Solarium and Park Cafe, the glass elevators facing the water, rotating bar on Deck 13 (on Radiance, wasn't moving on Serenade) and the CL open to the outdoors were all enjoyed. Not sure if the Rita's here is like Radiance (full menu) or Serenade (margarita bar w/nachos and appetizer stuff) but betting the latter based on where they have it - Rita's on Radiance was tasty and fun.

Nice ships. They seemed just about the correct size to me, and unfortunately that seems to be "too small" based on what's coming up.

Yep...I wish more ships had the outdoor seating area....but I despise the enclosed Solarium! If you want to be in the adult pool area, it's under glass...so no tanning! That's a major minus, IMO!

So, I'll forgo the outdoor eating area, in favor of an open-roofed Solarium! I spend more time at the pool, than I do eating!

"despise" ???- rather strong word to describe a place that many of us find to be a climate-controlled oasis especially on hot, humid days in the Caribbean. Not sure that your oft-repeated claim that the glass actually filters out those cancer-inducing UV rays that you want to subject your skin too is accurate but hope that you, at least, use a liberal amount of high SPF sunscreen, or you may find that you sun-worshiping days are limited.

Fortunately our paths will probably never cross on a cruise since we don't care for your 'civilized' breakfast in the main dining room, prefer My Time Dining at dinnertime and enjoy the comfortable atmosphere of the Solarium.

Yes the Radiance class is our favorite too. Perfect size perfect layout by deck design. I has a very good flow you can move from one area to another never seems too far to go.

We have two cruises booked, one on Brilliance from Boston to Tampa in October this year and one from Boston to Copenhagen next April.

Can't wait

Brian J

"despise" ???- rather strong word to describe a place that many of us find to be a climate-controlled oasis especially on hot, humid days in the Caribbean.

Or, as we experienced, when the regular pool area was uncomfortably cool on the route from Hawaii to Vancouver.

We loved the Brilliance 9 years ago when we were on her for our honeymoon. I loved the solarium because i hide from the sun whenever possible, but the wife was always too cold to enjoy it. I am sure there have been some extensive remodels since we were on her, but i liked the Brilliance better than Liberty. You will have a great time.

It's been a few years since I was on Brilliance, but my favorite spot was the Solarium. It was a great place to go to take a break from kids (since they're not allowed), there were snacks there, you could get a wifi signal in the Solarium if you purchased an internet package and I loved just lounging around there. A mellow and totally relaxed place to be.

Agree with all the above (open air eating area, glass elevators, beautiful solarium, schooner bar)... and brilliance also has my only favorite for-pay area, aroma therapy steam room with heated stone benches and floor to ceiling windows. Pricey but a lovely indulgence, my daughter and I would relax after shore excursions and watch folks returning to the ship through the windows.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Of course, I was on before the "upgrades" when some public spaces were turned into private cabins, don't know if that reduced the amount of soaring glass views throughout...

...though I'd be thrilled to enjoy the park cafe, diamond lounge and pool movies now in place! :-)

Have a wonderful cruise, do share your experience with us

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

I agree with every favorite area already mentioned. Radiance class ships are my favs for so many reasons. They're the perfect blend of old and new...and it just works wonderfully.

For the record, they do sometimes open the Solarium's glass roof. Twice on BR during Med cruises the roof was open most days. I've also seen it open on Radiance and Jewel.

Yet to do Radiance, one day:), but if like the other 3 in her class, of which we have done, they are IMHO the best 4 ships in RCI's fleet.

Outside eating area and all the glass. One of our other favorites which if I recall is on the Brilliance is a hot tub that over-hangs the ship on one side, with great views.

Correct me if I am wrong anyone:D

Have a great cruise

Happy Days.

Yet to do Radiance, one day:), but if like the other 3 in her class, of which we have done, they are IMHO the best 4 ships in RCI's fleet.

Outside eating area and all the glass. One of our other favorites which if I recall is on the Brilliance is a hot tub that over-hangs the ship on one side, with great views.

Correct me if I am wrong anyone:D

Have a great cruise

Happy Days.

I'll correct myself, was the Freedom that had the over-hanging jacuzzi!!

Another one of our favorites:)

For me it's starboard deck 6 from the centrum back. This area includes the Schooner Bar, Chops & Giovanni's, the billiard area and the Colony Club.

Same here. Thank you for posting those photos. They brought back some very fond memories.

That said, I would be hard pressed to name a spot on the Brilliance that I did NOT enjoy. She's the most beautiful ship in the fleet.

I'll also underline the outdoor seating aft of and outside the Windjammer. It's a lovely place to dine or just to relax with a coffee or drink, whether while cruising or in port.

D

I have my eye on the Radiance and hope to sail on her one day. Is there any place to grab at bite to eat that is open late night or 24 hours?

Park Cafe is probably open the latest, but not 24 hours. After Park Cafe closes, room service would be the only option. There is a nominal charge for room service orders between midnight and 5am.

These are our favorite ships as well...been on all 4. Had the pleasure of taking the inaugural cruise on the Serenade, which was built in Amsterdam area, from there to where it started its official cruising years ago out of Boston. I will say the northern Atlantic crossing was not fun, but ship was great!

We leave on the Brilliance in a few days! It has been several years since we were on the R class...so excited! I hope they still have the cool pool tables. And the cool statues by the pool? i love all the glass, the colony club area and the size of the ship. They are the perfect sized ship. Love, love, love them!

Park Cafe is probably open the latest, but not 24 hours. After Park Cafe closes, room service would be the only option. There is a nominal charge for room service orders between midnight and 5am.

Thanks Bob. I'm really looking forward to the Radiance one day soon.

The only negatives I see (for me) are the lack of a Royal Promenade and the enclosed Solarium (and I can't believe people are giving cb at sea crap for not preferring that. I kind of agree. I'm on a cruise, I want to be outdoors.)

Anyway, the positives far out-weigh the negatives as far as I'm concerned. I can't get over how beautiful the Schooner Bar is (my one negative about the Oasis class - the Schooner Bar with no windows), the glass elevators and of course the windjammer outdoor seating.

I had no interest in going on the Radiance class but then I finally read one review, saw the pictures and was like - oh - Ohh - OHHHHHHH.

2 Random questions - what used to be in the spaces that are now Chops and Giovanni's?

I assume the Viking Crown Lounge doubles as the nightclub. Is this correct?

Edited by Yorkvillain

I'm following this thread too! We have two cruises on Brilliance coming up :).

The cruise in April we booked room 8102 and it looks like it has a HUGE balcony!

Let us know how it is! We have 8102 on the Serenade in November...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 Random questions - what used to be in the spaces that are now Chops and Giovanni's?

I assume the Viking Crown Lounge doubles as the nightclub. Is this correct?

The Radiance class was built with Chops and Portofino. All they did was change Portofino to Giovanni's. Not sure about the night club, but Viking Crown would be my guess.

The only negatives I see (for me) are the lack of a Royal Promenade and the enclosed Solarium (and I can't believe people are giving cb at sea crap for not preferring that. I kind of agree. I'm on a cruise, I want to be outdoors.)

I love the Radiance class ships.

I laughed when I read your comment about the solarium. It made me think of my first time on a Voyager class ship. I had sailed on only Radiance and Vision ships, so a couple of years ago I sailed the Explorer from Bayonne to Bermuda in October.

It was a pretty brisk day so I left the pool deck to walk to the solarium to get warm. Imagine my surprise when I discovered the solarium pool was no different than the other pool. What makes that area of the top deck a solarium?