Radiance Class! Brilliance

I have several cruises coming up, all on ships that will be new to me, but I can't believe how excited I am about my January cruise on Brilliance of the Seas. :D I have been admiring this class of ships here on CC for years, and I know it's a favorite of CC members.

I'll be sailing with my 25 year old daughter, and we'll be flying in the day before we sail from Chicago. Looking at earliest flights available from O'Hare just in case of snow. I've never cruised in January before.

What's your favorite area on a Radiance class ship? I think the solarium looks lovely. :)

I have several cruises coming up, all on ships that will be new to me, but I can't believe how excited I am about my January cruise on Brilliance of the Seas. :D I have been admiring this class of ships here on CC for years, and I know it's a favorite of CC members.

What's your favorite area on a Radiance class ship? I think the solarium looks lovely. :)

I love the outdoor eating area at the back of the ship behind the Windjammer.

Yep...I wish more ships had the outdoor seating area....but I despise the enclosed Solarium! If you want to be in the adult pool area, it's under glass...so no tanning! That's a major minus, IMO!

So, I'll forgo the outdoor eating area, in favor of an open-roofed Solarium! I spend more time at the pool, than I do eating!

Also agree on the rear of the ship behind the windjammer - fabulous to take your food out there and listen to the wake …. it's so peaceful. We have been on the Radiance and Jewel and have booked 2 cruises on the Brilliance for the new year. I love the salad bar at the Park Cafe in the Solarium, on sea days they prepare a chopped salad for you with your choice of shrimp, salmon, chicken and all other wonderful ingredients …. it's awesome. Love the tranquility of the Solarium. There are many favorites for me on these ships they are just gorgeous with all the glass ……...

For me it's starboard deck 6 from the centrum back. This area includes the Schooner Bar, Chops & Giovanni's, the billiard area and the Colony Club.

We love that area too!! Sat in the Schooner Bar after getting back from each of our ports of call during our Alaska Cruise two weeks ago!!

Be sure to ride one of the elevators to deck 14 to spot the statue of the guy fishing sitting on the ledge. Also check out the helicopter pad. There is also a big screen on the pool deck where they show movies in the evening. The Park Cafe in the Solarium is a quick alternative to the Windjammer. Also don't miss the aerial show.

Yep...I wish more ships had the outdoor seating area....but I despise the enclosed Solarium! If you want to be in the adult pool area, it's under glass...so no tanning! That's a major minus, IMO!

So, I'll forgo the outdoor eating area, in favor of an open-roofed Solarium! I spend more time at the pool, than I do eating!

Can always count on you to add a little negativity to an otherwise positive thread......:rolleyes:

We like the area around Schooner Bar too :)

Edited by bouhunter

I have sailed on all of the Radiance class ships. They are my favorite class of ships with RCCL. Click the link in my signature to view photos of all them. My favorite area on the Radiance class is the Schooner Bar.

Edited by lv2bcruzin

We (DH and myself) will be on the January 17 sailing of the Brilliance also. I am looking forward to this one alot. :D Just wish it were going to be a longer cruise!

We wish it were a little longer too, but just think how nice 5 days in a warm climate will feel to us in January! :D

We wish it were a little longer too, but just think how nice 5 days in a warm climate will feel to us in January! :D

We were on the Enchantment this past January. It was wonderful. Especially with the horrible winter we had.