Can't wait for sales to end

The first week of May when the special BOGHO was introduced, the prices were absolutely phenom on most dates and ships, albeit not all. After that first week, the prices started increasing. The current pricing is pretty much a joke if one thinks that it is a sale. But prices do drop. Some for less than a day.

This is the longest I've had to wait for any cruises to drop in prices. When the sales end I'll look forward to price drops.

Ditto. That's what I thought at the end of May but then they extended it.:(

If they're trying to attract new business after this though, they'll have to top it with an actual B1G1F next sale.;)

I booked the Freedom for next year and am paying about $200 less than I did a year ago. I've never see it that low which is why I booked during the BOGOHO. Just checked and now it's $300 pp more. Glad I booked when I did!!

During the early days of the BOGOHO I could have booked an oceanview balcony on Allure a couple hundred CHEAPER than the Freedom balcony!! Of course with the drive and parking the price evened out for me so I stayed with Freedom

Edited by Jax129

Wow, really? That's quite interesting.

I've only been on 3 Royal cruises, and every one of them had a price drop that I took advantage of. Mind you - 3 might not be a sufficient sample size? I too book in advance - anywhere between 8-20 months.

Edit: I sign up to that price tracker, and I get notifications of all price drops. I also check that same website every day too. So, when a price drop comes, I am on it within hours.

Would you be able to tell me what that price tracker is? How would I access it? Thanks, I hope there is a way you can tell me that is allowed on this board.

I did have a price drop with the BOGOHO promotion. My friend and I were booked in an outside cabin on Majesty in Nov. We were able to upgrade to a SO room on deck 9 for less than our original price. I keep checking ever day hoping there will be more price drops! Maybe when the sale is over...

Yes, do a mock booking as often as you like. You can also get to the point where the price are displayed, and save that as a Favorite/Bookmark.

Thanks Bob! I never thought I could do that and get refreshed information each time I check. I learn something from you every day! Thanks.

Yes, do a mock booking as often as you like. You can also get to the point where the price are displayed, and save that as a Favorite/Bookmark.

I wonder if all these mock bookings are causing all the problems with website. :confused :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

As many of us have noticed, the sale has not lowered prices on all cruises. In other words, the company might be getting more sales at higher prices because many think they are getting a deal.

Bob, I agree. The prices on cruises have changed constantly for as long as I can remember.

The question is, why does it matter? If I booked a BOGOHO (I booked three) and the price goes down before final payment you can get the lower price. So what difference does it make for 2015-2016 cruises if they are messing with the prices??

I have seen RCI raise prices before a sale, but when your cruise is a year away and before final payment, it makes NO DIFFERENCE. Just watch the prices.

Our last cruise on Explorer (10 nights) in January saw insides go as low as $449.

The Nov 1st Explorer sailing (14 nights) has 2 cabins remaining in all categories. Both insides starting at $1,146 with "sale" pricing.

This is the re-positioning cruise to Florida before Quantum takes over so it's not ideal for NY cruisers.

A couple of mitigating factors. Being the last Explorer cruise might give it a bump from loyal Explorer cruisers. Quantum pricing may be making the Explorer look attractive in comparison.

But I get the feeling that these "sales" have been wildly popular. I don't recall seeing this lack of Explorer inventory so far out. And they have to be thrilled about the prices they've managed to get.

Edited by InsideCruiser

As a single cruiser I can't wait for the sale to be over. It is rather frustrating to see a price for a single passenger being much more expensive than for 2 people.

I've booked 5 solos with the sale and they have all been reasonable. I always expect the 200% price though

[quote name='John&LaLa']I've booked 5 solos with the sale and they have all been reasonable. I always expect the 200% price though

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app[/QUOTE]

Spoke to soon. Was going to book two singles on Brilliance in Nov 2015, but price went up $100 per room since this afternoon. Went with JS instead, no worries. ;)

I too am ready for it to be over! There are two cruises we really want to take - S. Caribbean on Jewel and Allure. However I want to add my daughter to the reservations, but the 3rd passenger price is ridiculous. For Jewel, it is $200 less than DH and my fare combined!

I'm debating about asking my dad (not the Grandpa on the Oasis trip) to come with and booking her in his cabin, but with the prices as is, I want to see what happens once the sale ends.

[quote name='clarea']I thought Royal would refund taxes on a no show.[/QUOTE]

I don't know. I always thought if you just didn't show up, as opposed to cancelling, that you were out everything. I could be wrong. I've never not showed up!:eek:

HI, I typically book, 1-2 weeks or 6 weeks out, as that is when the super price drops occur. These prices are sky high right now. My kind of price drops are like when I got a grand suite $for 105.00 per person for 4 days or the transatlantic 13 day for $465 per person in a family promenade suite, with only two people. Thus I have no cruises booked right now. As much as I want to cruise I am waiting these "sales" out. I will wait for everyone else to pave the way for me to get a really great deal.

We were speaking with the Loyalty/Future cruise sales person onboard and we were told that now prices are now controlled by an algorithm that checks cabins vs sales etc. and that prices can change within minutes... both up and down. I booked a D1 cat. for just under $500pp onboard and on my way back to the cabin I stopped at the Internet Café onboard and checked the price and I saw JS on the same sailing for $720pp....ran back to see the Loyalty and it was over $2000 only 10 min. after...
What is a bit worrying to me is the increase in the Taxes/Fees, I feel that they have been increasing too much...

Lets see what happens July 15th

;)