Breakaway June 8-15th 20 tips for the Breakaway/Bermuda

Flopthis25

Looks like several people on our cruise have already started reviews. I will add some things that I wish I knew before we went:

1. Uptown for breakfast is the best kept secret. No lines, and great food. even had omelets and egg whites only!

2. You can purchase soda in a 20 oz bottle in the Arcade for $2. Cheaper than can/fountain and has a lid, so you can drink half and save the rest for later.

3. Do the Ropes course on the way to Bermuda. And rent the Go-Pro Camera. It rained on the way home, and my daughter (who finally worked up the courage to do it) couldn't. The go pro is awesome!

4. Reserve Cirque Fantasy Jungle Dinner on Sunday. It is reduced to $29.99 per person, and the show is the BEST we saw on board. (Set menu- Shrimp and Filet, delicious!)

5. Deal or No Deal in the atrium was SOOOOO fun! (I won a free photo)

6. Do NOT eat at O'Sheehan's while there is a "concert" going on in the atrium. We couldn't even hear ourselves think! (One night is all you can eat ribs, another was prime rib-complimentary restaurant)

7. Get the mini-martinis at Shakers Bar. $15 for 6 AWESOME mini martinis. Gives you an idea on which ones to order during the cruise.

8. Go to the Ice Bar. Just do it!! (kids under 10 are free, and get 2 non-alcoholic drinks)

9. If it were just my husband and me, I would've purchased the UDP. The food in the MDRs are marginal and took an hour to eat. We waited around and had poor service. The $119 per person plus free Cirque dinner is well worth the upcharge!!

10. Our AMAZING room steward opened our balconies while in port. Thanks Ronald!!!

11. Do yourself a favor, and don't rush off the ship when you dock in Bermuda. 4500+ people trying to eat and get off is a nightmare. Wait and have a relaxing breakfast and leave around noon. Get your bus/ferry pass. I would recommend going to Horseshoe Bay the 2nd or 3rd day. The 1st day was super crazy. If you plan on going to St. George, make sure you plan ahead!!!! The ferry only leaves 4 times a day from the Dockyard!

12. This recommendation comes from the locals we talked to:"DO NOT RENT A MOPED". They only have 2 lane roads on the island. People are trying to get to work and when tourist are driving 15 MPH, they do not like that! The roads are super scary!

13. Save your money and buy your excursions from the pink shack near the ferry. It saves about $10 per person, per excursion.

14. Go to Harbour Nights. We LOVED it!

15. DO NOT BUY COLOGNE ON THE SHIP. I found out I spent $20 extra on board, than what I could've bought at home. SMH!!!

16. Get the Flash drive if you purchase pictures from the photo shop. And do not wait until Saturday!! Long lines.

17. The 24/7 pizza takes 45 minutes. Order ahead!

18. Try a lobster tail from Carlo's. You won't regret it!

19. They have obnoxious sales on Saturday. 2 for $20 shirts. Bracelets, watches, and jewelry for $19.99, $24.99, $39.99- same stuff we bought from RCCL 2 years ago.

20. To get a good seat for fireworks, we went to Spice H2O and watched the movie they played on the big screen just before the fireworks began. On our cruise, it was Annie.

Take a deep breath, relax, and go with the flow. Not everything you plan will work out. You're on vacation. ENJOY IT!

I have 1600+ pics. Will add to flickr and my sig later this week.

I'm so happy to hear that your balcony divider was opened in port - I think that's the first I've heard of that happening. We'll be next door to the inlaws in August and it would be nice to be able to have that open. Thanks for the tip!

OOOOH I forgot one----- Bermuda Glassworks takes special orders, but you have to get your order in by Thursday!!! I looked all over the islands for a cross, finally went to Glassworks, and they said a special order has to be placed 24 hours in advance.

Thanks for the ice bar info I wanted to go but didn't want to tell my little one and she be mad. Glad she'll be free and can get a drink too think she'll enjoy that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the ice bar info I wanted to go but didn't want to tell my little one and she be mad. Glad she'll be free and can get a drink too think she'll enjoy that

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

wear long pants and shoes! And bring your camera!! We lasted 18 minutes. Adults get 2 martinis from a set menu. I'll post it here as soon as I upload my pics. The kids get to pick between 2 drinks. One is ice cream and OJ, very creamy. the other is more like a fruit punch. My kids liked the creamy one. Enjoy!

I'm so happy to hear that your balcony divider was opened in port - I think that's the first I've heard of that happening. We'll be next door to the inlaws in August and it would be nice to be able to have that open. Thanks for the tip!

Ours didn't hesitate. We had 3 rooms in a row, and it was nice to sit outside our rooms with a drink each night. My husband said he could open the divider with his finger, but I wanted to stick to the rules. :)

2. You can purchase soda in a 20 oz bottle in the Arcade for $2. Cheaper than can/fountain and has a lid, so you can drink half and save the rest for later.

3. Do the Ropes course on the way to Bermuda. And rent the Go-Pro Camera. It rained on the way home, and my daughter (who finally worked up the courage to do it) couldn't. The go pro is awesome! How much was the go pro to rent and how long do you rent it for?

7. Get the mini-martinis at Shakers Bar. $15 for 6 AWESOME mini martinis. Gives you an idea on which ones to order during the cruise. How mini is mini, LOL and what flavors did you get in these 6?

14. Go to Harbour Nights. We LOVED it! What did you like most about it and what were some of the highlights for you?

16. Get the Flash drive if you purchase pictures from the photo shop. And do not wait until Saturday!! Long lines. If you buy the flash drive early on, will it still contain all your pics from later in the cruise?

Excellent pointers!!!! I have a few questions on a few tips. I've listed them above...

3. Do the Ropes course on the way to Bermuda. And rent the Go-Pro Camera. It rained on the way home, and my daughter (who finally worked up the courage to do it) couldn't. The go pro is awesome! How much was the go pro to rent and how long do you rent it for?

$20. and you get the Memory stick. It lasts 25-30 minutes at the Go Pro high speed. And includes audio.

7. Get the mini-martinis at Shakers Bar. $15 for 6 AWESOME mini martinis. Gives you an idea on which ones to order during the cruise. How mini is mini, LOL and what flavors did you get in these 6? I drank 3 and was pretty tipsy. I have pics- will post. I'd say, each is half of a "normal" martini. I remember Cosmo, Sour apple, one was purple, one was blue, one had coconut on the rim. 2 were Gin, the other 4 were Vodka. IMO, very strong Martinis.

14. Go to Harbour Nights. We LOVED it! What did you like most about it and what were some of the highlights for you? It was much like a street festival. The whole street is blocked off. If you get there at 7, you get to see the dancers (which are really cool to watch) There are different tables set up to by from local artist, jewelry making, hair braiding, sno cones, etc.... The music was awesome! To me, it was walking around in Bermuda at dusk listening to the music and watching everyone pass by. The locals come as well.

16. Get the Flash drive if you purchase pictures from the photo shop. And do not wait until Saturday!! Long lines. If you buy the flash drive early on, will it still contain all your pics from later in the cruise? Whatever pictures you buy can be placed on it. My in laws bought the 10 pics for $129, and I bought the flash drive. We even bought pictures on Saturday, and they added it to the flash drive. They do have to send it "downstairs", the cannot do it right there.

Excellent pointers!!!! I have a few questions on a few tips. I've listed them above...

Thanks for the tips! Questions on the soda purchase, please. Does the machine take your card key or dollar bills? What kind of soda?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Key Card and it has Pepsi ,diet pepsi, Mtn Dew and Gatorade.