Breakaway Embarkation: What time do the lines go down?

We'll be staying in Manhattan for several days pre-cruise and our hotel will allow late check out. Since we will be leisurely taking a taxi to port, What time do you recommend arriving if we want to avoid the lines?

TIA :O)

Lines are short early (10:30-11:00), but you have to wait until boarding.

You have to be checked in by 2:00 (per TSA/Homeland Security), so guessing 1:30 would be the latest I'd get to the pier.

I like to get onboard early and get settled in and relax, so not sure what times the lines die down. They're probably pretty consistent from 11:00 on.

You board around 11:30am. Ship sails at 4pm. Arrive at 10, quick through security, no check in lines. Sit & enjoy for an hour and you'll be among the first boarding groups. You can book spa appts and dining reservations in the terminal as something to pass the time.

Sometimes lines are just the luck of the draw. A big factor is usually times of flights but thats probably less of a factor in NY. The smallest line we have ever seen was arriving about 1 hour before sailing. We were the only ones in line :eek:.

Where are these lines you are referring to? I arrived at 10:15am, there was absolutely no line at security and no lines at all at the check in counters. I then booked a spa appointment and a few dinner reservations, sat down for about 30 minutes and they started boarding. Small line for boarding as each person had to scan their card but no more than 5-10 minutes.