AmEx extra OBC with Suites/Haven

Videophile

I'm not sure if this mailing went out to everyone with an American Express Card but I received a card a couple of days ago with a pretty sweet deal (no pun intended). If you book a suite or Haven room on board a NCL ship with an American Express Card by June 30, 2014 and use the code "SUITEOBCM" you'll get an extra $150 OBC (1-4 day cruises) or $300 (5+ day sailings).

As luck would have it, I had a courtesy hold on a suite when I received the offer. I called my TA and he was able to apply the OBC offer with the AARP discounted fare, and the agency OBC was added on top.

I hadn't seen anyone mention it here, so I thought I'd post it. I did contact CC first and they said it was okay to post this.

We booked our upcoming GA back in September ( ish) and had an Amex promo OBC applied without even realizing. It was a nice surprise!

3shar- we are on the same sailing in the Haven also

Nora

Nora were you able to combine it with the OBC for booking a suite 9 months in advance?

Yes, ours was combined.

This is why I was surprised when an extra 300 dollars OBC showed up.

I am out of town on vacation and trying to pull up the e- doc but cannot sign in to NCL.com on this sketchy internet. I wanted to see how exactly it is listed- something like " Amex booking bonus".

We have more OBC this trip than ever. Nice!

Yes, ours was combined.

This is why I was surprised when an extra 300 dollars OBC showed up.

I am out of town on vacation and trying to pull up the e- doc but cannot sign in to NCL.com on this sketchy internet. I wanted to see how exactly it is listed- something like " Amex booking bonus".

We have more OBC this trip than ever. Nice!

I just asked my PCC to add the AMEX OBC to our 2015 cruise I booked earlier today. She said they can't be combined. Bummer! I'm glad it worked for you though.

I just asked my PCC to add the AMEX OBC to our 2015 cruise I booked earlier today. She said they can't be combined. Bummer! I'm glad it worked for you though.

Ask another PCC. They usually just make up the easiest answer which isn't always the correct answer.

We are cruising this summer, booked way ahead And received an AMEX OBC, prepaid gratuities...(you know, that " discretionary" service charge that inflames so many colons around here, ) the early booking OBC and a suite OBC. The price of our suite has also increased over 1500 since we booked. We did not use a TA., but did mention some specials that I had seen promoted elsewhere to the ubiquitous agent that answered my call after I booked on line. We were somehow allowed to combine different offers which never seems to happen.

Like Nora, this was a the most OBC we have been given. Or , shall I say, that we have ever received.

.have a dandy evening!!!!

Annmeat

DH is on the phone with NCL right now trying to book an Owners Suite with 2 Balconies on the Dawn. Website shows $300 OBC if booking 9 months ahead in a suite but the PCC he's talking to doesn't know anything about it. We read the statement on the website word for word 3 times to him. Then we told him about AMEX OBC and he says he has to call us back tomorrow after talking to a supervisor. EEK!

If that rep is truly your PCC, and not just a random phone rep, then it's time for a new PCC. Either way, it's time to stop talking to that individual. 9 month OBC is pretty much NCL 101...

Agreed. My PCC had no issues adding the 9 month OBC.

DH is on the phone with NCL right now trying to book an Owners Suite with 2 Balconies on the Dawn. Website shows $300 OBC if booking 9 months ahead in a suite but the PCC he's talking to doesn't know anything about it. We read the statement on the website word for word 3 times to him. Then we told him about AMEX OBC and he says he has to call us back tomorrow after talking to a supervisor. EEK!

That $300 deal has been around for a long time - years.

Are you looking for 9 or deck 10?

That $300 deal has been around for a long time - years.

Are you looking for 9 or deck 10?

We did actually book this cruise and got OS 9006. We just decided to call NCL on a whim to see what pricing looked like and compare the OS to Forward PH. We weren't sure we wanted to spend and extra $1400 for the OS, hence the call. Randall happened to be the PCC to answer so we asked questions and then my DH, to my surprise, said we would go ahead and book the OS after hearing the price. When Randall told him there was $250 OBC, I showed DH the web page which talks about the $300 OBC. We both read it to Randall, word for word, 3 times. We told him how we navigated to the page and finally he saw it and said his computer system wouldn't let him put the $300 OBC on but he would consult with his supervisor in the morning (today).

While all this was going on, I was on this forum and saw this thread (thanks videophile) and followed the link to the AMEX OBC page on NCL's site. Again Randall was unaware of this Promo. We gave him the exact web address so he could see it. He claims ignorance. We booked anyway, with our confirmation showing only the $250. This is supposed to be corrected today. I am expecting a call from Randall later this afternoon to clear things up. He must be new or something. DH and I have only been on one NCL cruise back in 2009. I've never had this much trouble calling a cruise line directly to book a trip. I realize I may not get the extra $300 OBC for the AMEX promo but I better get at least the Original $300 from the website promo. If I'm not happy after I talk to Randall today, I will try to speak to a supervisor or call back and talk to another PCC. :confused:

Are there any 'suites' on the breakaway? I'm looking at cabin categories and they all indicate 'mini-suite' with the exception of the very top category "haven". What am I missing?

I've read that the mini-suites come with zero perks other than a larger bathroom, but $300.00 would be an incentive if it can be applied toward a 'mini-suite".

TIA :)

Mini Suites get no extra perks, just a slightly bigger cabin and bath. The Haven cabins are the full suites which do get all the suite perks, access to the Haven areas and are eligible for the Amex OBC. Mini suites are not eligible.

Edited by punkincc

Are there any 'suites' on the breakaway? I'm looking at cabin categories and they all indicate 'mini-suite' with the exception of the very top category "haven". What am I missing?

I've read that the mini-suites come with zero perks other than a larger bathroom, but $300.00 would be an incentive if it can be applied toward a 'mini-suite".

TIA :)

On the Breakaway, the "suites" are all Haven suites (category "H"). We saw our bookings all change in March or April from Sx to Hx.

We did actually book this cruise and got OS 9006. We just decided to call NCL on a whim to see what pricing looked like and compare the OS to Forward PH. We weren't sure we wanted to spend and extra $1400 for the OS, hence the call. Randall happened to be the PCC to answer so we asked questions and then my DH, to my surprise, said we would go ahead and book the OS after hearing the price. When Randall told him there was $250 OBC, I showed DH the web page which talks about the $300 OBC. We both read it to Randall, word for word, 3 times. We told him how we navigated to the page and finally he saw it and said his computer system wouldn't let him put the $300 OBC on but he would consult with his supervisor in the morning (today).

While all this was going on, I was on this forum and saw this thread (thanks videophile) and followed the link to the AMEX OBC page on NCL's site. Again Randall was unaware of this Promo. We gave him the exact web address so he could see it. He claims ignorance. We booked anyway, with our confirmation showing only the $250. This is supposed to be corrected today. I am expecting a call from Randall later this afternoon to clear things up. He must be new or something. DH and I have only been on one NCL cruise back in 2009. I've never had this much trouble calling a cruise line directly to book a trip. I realize I may not get the extra $300 OBC for the AMEX promo but I better get at least the Original $300 from the website promo. If I'm not happy after I talk to Randall today, I will try to speak to a supervisor or call back and talk to another PCC. :confused:

You'll like the OS. You'll have the two balconies, bathroom plus a half, large bedroom, bathroom, living room. Restaurant menus were in the rooms as well as ketchup and mustard were in cabinet.

You'll also get 3 free bottles plus unlimited water and soda plus a bottle of champagne. There is a thread on here about room 9506 (on the other side of the ship) which is either on page 1 or 2 where there is some other info. There is a recent youtube of 9506 (check to see if there is one for 9006) but the only real difference is the color of tile in the bathroom and some of the furniture and being a mirror image.