Veendam back to Bermuda

islegroove

Thanks for the information. I know there are many Hal fans that are delighted that Hal is going back to Bermuda.

Add me to those who are thrilled:D.

Edited to say that I just went to HAL's website to check it out and found that the departure port is Boston. Several years ago we sailed from Manhattan on the Veendam to Bermuda. Driving from the Philadelphia area to NYC is easy and that cruise was great. Getting to Boston makes it considerably more difficult. Hoping that HAL adds NYC departures to Bermuda again.

Edited by seadrifter

[

Edited to say that I just went to HAL's website to check it out and found that the departure port is Boston. Several years ago we sailed from Manhattan on the Veendam to Bermuda. Driving from the Philadelphia area to NYC is easy and that cruise was great. Getting to Boston makes it considerably more difficult. Hoping that HAL adds NYC departures to Bermuda again.

;) Sailing from Boston may make it considerably more difficult for You to get to Boston but it makes it really easy for me. There of lots of us who are delighted the ship will homeport in Boston. :)

It actually makes sense as Veendam will also be sailing Canada/New England.

Edited by sail7seas

I've been saying for years HAL should alternate 7 day itineraries........

7 days Boston to Bermuda to Boston

then 7 days Boston to Canada/NE to Boston.

They listened to me. :) (sort of :D )

Edited by sail7seas

For the right price I would definitely consider this as well. The Veendam was a nice ship that was easy for me to get around on. Being docked for that many days would also alleviate my minor complaints from the last cruise. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

For the right price I would definitely consider this as well. The Veendam was a nice ship that was easy for me to get around on. Being docked for that many days would also alleviate my minor complaints from the last cruise. :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Lots of delicious food in Bermuda. :)

Then again, lots of delicious food Canada/NE. Quebec City, Charlottetown, Halifax, Bar Harbor, Portland, Boston........ All our stops in Sydney, somehow we never had lunch out there.

Then again, lots of delicious food Canada/NE. Quebec City, Charlottetown, Halifax, Bar Harbor, Portland, Boston........ All our stops in Sydney, somehow we never had lunch out there.

Lots and lots of lobster and some mussels from PEI thrown in. I loved Bermuda, but the food on the New England/ Canada cruise for a sea food lover couldn't be beat.

I miss the NYC departure, too, but it's easy enough to get to Boston from NYC or Philly on Amtrak. We were considering doing Bermuda on HAL again, or maybe doing the Canada/Bermuda combo, but we found a very special one-off itinerary on QM2 for next summer. So we're hoping this schedule sells well enough that HAL will run it again in 2016.

I miss the NYC departure, too, but it's easy enough to get to Boston from NYC or Philly on Amtrak. We were considering doing Bermuda on HAL again, or maybe doing the Canada/Bermuda combo, but we found a very special one-off itinerary on QM2 for next summer. So we're hoping this schedule sells well enough that HAL will run it again in 2016.

Thanks for your reply. It wasn't my intention to offend anyone. I was just stating our situation and how much we loved cruising from NYC.

We have booked the Veendam for next year - Boston to Quebec City. We are working on the logistics and I appreciate your point about Amtrak. We will consider that option but the whole trip (as much as we would love to take it) may be too difficult for us to manage.

Thanks for your reply. It wasn't my intention to offend anyone. I was just stating our situation and how much we loved cruising from NYC.

We have booked the Veendam for next year - Boston to Quebec City. We are working on the logistics and I appreciate your point about Amtrak. We will consider that option but the whole trip (as much as we would love to take it) may be too difficult for us to manage.

Oh no, I wasn't offended. I live near NYC and I was sorry to see HAL give up those departures.

Many people don't even think of the train as an option, so I wanted to mention it as an easy way to get to Boston for the Bermuda round trip. The train to Quebec City is more difficult. I think you'd have to take Amtrak to Montreal and change to Via, and the schedules would require you to stay overnight in Montreal, adding time and cost to the itinerary.

[

;) Sailing from Boston may make it considerably more difficult for You to get to Boston but it makes it really easy for me. There of lots of us who are delighted the ship will homeport in Boston. :)

I actually like Boston better than NYC and as you point out it is tied into the Canada schedule. I am also glad it is Hamilton only. Bermuda is plenty easy enough to get around.

I wasn't offended at all. Sorry if I gave that impression.

I was just stating the obvious that for those of us who live in/near Boston, it is very convenient. :) We all have our own 'special interests'. :D

Several years ago, DH and I decided to give Amtrak, Boston to NYC, a try. We not only saved time over flying but enjoyed the ride, were served breakfast going and lunch coming back. Seats were comfortable and we were on Acela which made only a few stops. We rode the first class and we found the trip enjoyable. This was not for a cruise but rather for 3 or 4 nights in NYC so we didn't have that much luggage.

Edited by sail7seas

They must have herd you ' date='We are doing the Canada/Bermuda/Boston run ..[/quote']

Now they offer it and I have to decide if I have the will to go solo. If I still had DH there is no question but that we would be booked for that combination.

It is sure to be a wonderful cruise.

Ahhhhhh .... dreaming of Lobster Rolls ... Local Brews .... Blueberry Pie :D:D:D

Now they offer it and I have to decide if I have the will to go solo. If I still had DH there is no question but that we would be booked for that combination.

It is sure to be a wonderful cruise.

Hi, come join us You are more than welcome to join us, we are doing a Boston/Montreal/Boston tomorrow and after spending a week at our son house in Dracut MA. My cell phone is 904 219 9880 if you want .. Marty & Gail gailmarty@gmail.com

Edited by we're sailing away....

Hi' date=' come join us You are more than welcome to join us, we are doing a Boston/Montreal/Boston tomorrow and after spending a week at our son house in Dracut MA. My cell phone is 904 219 9880 if you want .. Marty & Gail [email']gailmarty@gmail.com[/email]

Oh my,

You are SO nice to offer. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

I just might give it some thought. :

I have marked down you number and if there is time to edit, you might wish to remove it. I wouldn't someone with bad intentions to be calling and bothering you.

Have a GREAT time on Maasdam. We loved, loved. loved that Boston/Montreal/Boston itinerary. West Side Café has the best blueberry pie. :)

Big thank you to you. How kind to invite me.

I tried a new place for lobster rolls last year and we liked them. DH wasn't up to the walk so I got them to go and returned to the ship with them..... and some blueberry pie. :)

Side Street Café, 49 Rodick Street,

http://www.sidestreetbarharbor.com

The sandwiches were great and very large. Last year they cost $19.95

Edited by sail7seas

Oh my,

You are SO nice to offer. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

I just might give it some thought. :

I have marked down you number and if there is time to edit, you might wish to remove it. I wouldn't someone with bad intentions to be calling and bothering you.

Have a GREAT time on Maasdam. We loved, loved. loved that Boston/Montreal/Boston itinerary. West Side Café has the best blueberry pie. :)

Big thank you to you. How kind to invite me.

West Side Café (where} thanks

Come up from the tender dock and turn right. Walk just a few blocks along the water and you will see it on the left. They built a small hotel just in front of it last year and blocked their view. :( Here's a link to West Street Café site: http://weststreetcafe.com/

I actually recommend Side Street Café as a bit better.

I walked up to the Rite Aid pharmacy to get DH a Boston Globe newspaper and 'played' dumb. I wanted to try someplace different to get our lobster rolls. Several locals suggested I try Side Street Café which is nearby. I was happy I did.

Read the link and see what you think of it.

Edited by sail7seas

[

For us as well, because we live in Massachusetts. Boston is easily reachable by Amtrak, and there is a parking garage near Black Falcon pier.

Now they'll be a choice between NCL and Hal.