Your best OH MY God moment

Mr Robberts

Coming back from an up close trip to the Sawyer Glacier and meeting up with our ship (NCL Sun) in the Tracy Arm Fjord. The ship was so huge from our point of view. All the passengers were standing on deck waiting and watching our return. A day we will never forget.

Notice...it was before her hull art was painted on.

608057491_TheSunawaits2.jpg.fe698d5adba6e989de661da04e1d518f.jpg

Edited by ENGINEER

I don't know if this counts since it was at a port.

Several years ago (9 or 10 perhaps) we did a round-trip to the Panama Canal out of Galveston on Celebrity. I can't remember the name of the port where we came across the following but I have paper work for all our cruises and can probably find it, or narrow it down. There was a large building filled with many vendors on the dock. There was one particularly large booth with what I can only say were natives/indians although more than that about them I do not know. Anyway, they were in their native garb and all the women (and there were quite a few of all ages) were all topless.

Now I am no prude but, yes, I was surprised. Not shocked, just surprised. We tried to look at what they were selling which was some nice hand-made things but I had trouble with where to look so we did not linger too long!!

Okay. Curiosity got the best of me so I looked it up. The cruise was on the Galaxy in November of 2004. Besides the usual western Caribbean ports, we stopped at a Cristobal Pier, Panama from 3pm-7pm. That must have been the place.

St Maarten - we did a tour through Bernards. The first was at Orient Beach. A guy came walking by with his goods in a pouch held on by a string around his waist. He just looked so ridiculous. The second was at Maho when the KLM flight took off. The resulting chaos was just hilarious. Things flying everywhere. A rather large man's hat blew off and he chased it down the hill. He ended up rolling end over end with a giant splash in the water. We all applauded.

Non-cruise related: Flying into Cozumel in 1987 with DDH (dear departed hubby)for the first time and seeing the clear azure blue color of the water.

Cruise-related: First cruise on Royal Caribbean Nordic Empress on my and DH's honeymoon cruise leaving Miami on July 4th, 1994 and experiencing the fireworks all up and down the shore.....and on the ship. ;)

I asked DH this question. He reminded me that on the Norwegian Sea about 15 years ago we came across a herd(?) of Whale Sharks. They were as far as the eye could see and definitely on their way somewhere. The captain made an announcement and slowed, staying in the area, so that everyone could get to a rail and see them. We've been on 24 cruises, including Alaska, and never saw anything like that. This was in the W. Caribbean.

Isn't it ironic that I thought of the topless indians and he thought of the Whales???

The first thing that came to mind was this story:

A hurricane caused us to overnight in Port. My friends and I decided to go out dancing at Senor Frogs nearby around midnight. I had on jeans, heels, and a white t shirt. The place was mobbed, the dance floor was packed, the music was great, and I remember dancing for hours on end. No matter my t-shirt was dripping wet from sweaty dancing...one could not tell with the type of material.

Amidst the humidity, the thick smoke, the pulsing dance beats, the strobe lights, was a short guy about 5' 1" dancing center on an almost empty staging with a couple other stragglers off to the side stage. Everyone else was on the dance floor, at the bar, on the bar, or wherever a space was found. My friends had returned to the ship about an hour earlier and I thought to myself, " I'm out of town...I do not know a soul in this joint...I am leaving port in the morning and will never see these locals ever again...it would be so funny if I jumped up on stage and danced with him...as I was about 6'1" in my heels. I also thought it would be a hoot because I was probably 42 and he was probably 22.

So up I went to dance with him and we just about brought the house down. It was post dirty dancing yet pre twerking with him. Within minutes It appeared everyone, and I do mean everyone had all eyes on us. The crowd went wild and I thought we were something special all right. Oh yeah, I could keep up with the young guy and show not only him but everyone else my cool dance moves. They (and he) loved it for sure. Yes, I am sure.

The whole dance show just about killed me so after the hooting, the laughter, the hollering, and the applause, I did not stick around to sign any autographs. I walked a long pier back to the ship thinking how great I was to have entertained the locals. I also figured the number of calories I had just burned. Once inside the stateroom, I caught myself in the mirror...all the upper body sweat had dripped into my jeans both front and back and it looked like I had peed my pants! A lot!

Once I got over the shock, and after checking if I actually had wet myself, I fell asleep laughing out loud while figuring bwahhh, I'll never see them all again!

The next two days at sea heading home all I heard was "I see you on stage..hahaha! "I see you in port dancing...hahaha!" "I see you dancing...hahaha!" "You dance at señor frogs yah...hahahah!" The entire crowd at that bar was 4/5 of the Ship employees and I could not go anywhere without an accented "Ha-ha-ha...aren't you...!" I suddenly had a crazy sister who was also on the ship with me.

The last night onboard I go to the restaurant with my friends for our farewell dinner. Of course by dessert time, my out of town nobody knows me dance show was brought up by some of the waitstaff. Since I was leaving ship in the morning, I answered yes, it was indeed me. They said it was too bad we were dining so late because waitress (insert name) was working an earlier shift there. I asked, "waitress (insert name)...why is it too bad...I do not know waitress (insert name).

The waitstaff replied, "You know! ...Waitress (insert name)! ...the petite little gal you were dancing with the other night!"...

coka

LOLOLOLOL!!,great story. thanks for sharing

A hurricane caused us to overnight in Port. My friends and I decided to go out dancing at Senor Frogs nearby around midnight. I had on jeans, heels, and a white t shirt. The place was mobbed, the dance floor was packed, the music was great, and I remember dancing for hours on end. No matter my t-shirt was dripping wet from sweaty dancing...one could not tell with the type of material.

Amidst the humidity, the thick smoke, the pulsing dance beats, the strobe lights, was a short guy about 5' 1" dancing center on an almost empty staging with a couple other stragglers off to the side stage. Everyone else was on the dance floor, at the bar, on the bar, or wherever a space was found. My friends had returned to the ship about an hour earlier and I thought to myself, " I'm out of town...I do not know a soul in this joint...I am leaving port in the morning and will never see these locals ever again...it would be so funny if I jumped up on stage and danced with him...as I was about 6'1" in my heels. I also thought it would be a hoot because I was probably 42 and he was probably 22.

So up I went to dance with him and we just about brought the house down. It was post dirty dancing yet pre twerking with him. Within minutes It appeared everyone, and I do mean everyone had all eyes on us. The crowd went wild and I thought we were something special all right. Oh yeah, I could keep up with the young guy and show not only him but everyone else my cool dance moves. They (and he) loved it for sure. Yes, I am sure.

The whole dance show just about killed me so after the hooting, the laughter, the hollering, and the applause, I did not stick around to sign any autographs. I walked a long pier back to the ship thinking how great I was to have entertained the locals. I also figured the number of calories I had just burned. Once inside the stateroom, I caught myself in the mirror...all the upper body sweat had dripped into my jeans both front and back and it looked like I had peed my pants! A lot!

Once I got over the shock, and after checking if I actually had wet myself, I fell asleep laughing out loud while figuring bwahhh, I'll never see them all again!

The next two days at sea heading home all I heard was "I see you on stage..hahaha! "I see you in port dancing...hahaha!" "I see you dancing...hahaha!" "You dance at señor frogs yah...hahahah!" The entire crowd at that bar was 4/5 of the Ship employees and I could not go anywhere without an accented "Ha-ha-ha...aren't you...!" I suddenly had a crazy sister who was also on the ship with me.

The last night onboard I go to the restaurant with my friends for our farewell dinner. Of course by dessert time, my out of town nobody knows me dance show was brought up by some of the waitstaff. Since I was leaving ship in the morning, I answered yes, it was indeed me. They said it was too bad we were dining so late because waitress (insert name) was working an earlier shift there. I asked, "waitress (insert name)...why is it too bad...I do not know waitress (insert name).

The waitstaff replied, "You know! ...Waitress (insert name)! ...the petite little gal you were dancing with the other night!"...

coka

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

coka

HAHAHAH OMG this is priceless! As if it were not bad enough all the crew was there.

Thanks for sharing such an amazingly embarrassing and funny story!

• 1 month later...

Lol the funniest post ever. Thanks so much for laughs!

coka

Many WOW moments from many cruises, but two definitely stand out:

OMG Runner-UP: Attending the Gold & Platinum Latitudes party on the Pride of America...on the bow of ship during sailaway from Nawiliwili Harbor in Kauai.

Best OMG Moment: Watching the arrival of the ship into the Port of New York...from the Verazanno Bridge all the way to Pier 88...from the Bridge of the Norwegian Jewel.

Best OMG - When my sister saw the NCL Pearl from our shuttle bus for the first time. She'd never cruised before and was so overcome with emotion that she started to cry and then laugh. Everybody in the shuttle was laughing with her and happy she was so overjoyed. We teased her about having a complete breakdown when she actually set foot onboard. She loved it from beginning to end.

Worse OMG - Several years ago we were in the midst of the crowd walking down the stairs to exit the ship at one of the ports. Several steps below us in the crowd of all ages was a young man wearing a thong bathing suit with a pair of white fishnet shorts over it. Not much was covered, believe me. There were a lot of hushed conversations going on. And unfortunately, there were families with little kids right behind him.

I am only still a rookie with only 3 cruises under my belt.

However, I remember walking from the cruise terminal in NY and seeing the Jewel for the first time. It was so huge, and going up the ramp I had tears in my eyes I was so excited.

My other OMG moment is how when we go on the ship it is like being on a honeymoon all over again after close to 30 years of marriage. The excitement of the ship and the ocean air adds a bit of "magic" when you are with the one you love most!;)

A hurricane caused us to overnight in Port. My friends and I decided to go out dancing at Senor Frogs nearby around midnight.

.............................. I asked, "waitress (insert name)...why is it too bad...I do not know waitress (insert name).

coka

Coka- you are my hero! That has to be the funniest, most well told story ever! I loved it so much, I had to read it to my husband. Even he was cracking up. I want to read more of your exploits!!!:D

coka

Now this was funny lol

Cruise omg: was seeing the words Jackpot on my slot machine

Not cruise omg: I was in Target one morning and I was wearing ugg slippers (you know when you walk they kind of shuffle). As I was entering the store there was a women about 10 feet in front of me, she stopped and turned around and I stopped because I figured she dropped some thing. She then again started to walk and so did I. She stopped again and turned around I said did you lose something? Is everything ok? She said NO your feet are bothering me? I said Omg what??????? She repeated it "your feet are bothering me with that sound. I said are you serious????? She replied yes I am. At that point I started to tap dance in the middle of Target. She said OMG you did NOT just do that!! I said oh heck yes I did and if you don't run I'm gonna do it again and maybe you need to head to Aisle 7 I hear earmuffs are on sale. Well I just laughed so hard that it boggles my mind how something like this can really bother someone.

Our very first cruise in 1995 on the SS Norway. We took advantage of all the fitness tours (cause it got us on the first tender off the ship every island). We're happily taking pictures on St John when DH yells OMG, the ship is leaving without us! Sure as shooting the Norway was sailing by (on her way to St Thomas). Took a few minutes for me to realize that everything was ok. I don't think he really believed me that everything was really ok until we were in the water taxi & we passed the Norway at her anchorage...we haven't been to St John since...

Edited by awhfy
didnt mean to post

Best Cruise OMG moment.... is that first step on the ship of every cruise.

Wort Cruise OMG moment... walking through the city square in Cozumel I noticed a big hole with missing pavement and told myself to be careful when walking out. Three hours later I tripped over that same hole, landed on both knees and palms and twisted my ankle. Missed our Segway excursion and ended up in the infirmary for Xrays. DH won't let me walk alone in Mexico anymore. ;)

Cruise omg: was seeing the words Jackpot on my slot machine

Not cruise omg: I was in Target one morning and I was wearing ugg slippers (you know when you walk they kind of shuffle). As I was entering the store there was a women about 10 feet in front of me, she stopped and turned around and I stopped because I figured she dropped some thing. She then again started to walk and so did I. She stopped again and turned around I said did you lose something? Is everything ok? She said NO your feet are bothering me? I said Omg what??????? She repeated it "your feet are bothering me with that sound. I said are you serious????? She replied yes I am. At that point I started to tap dance in the middle of Target. She said OMG you did NOT just do that!! I said oh heck yes I did and if you don't run I'm gonna do it again and maybe you need to head to Aisle 7 I hear earmuffs are on sale. Well I just laughed so hard that it boggles my mind how something like this can really bother someone.

LOL. Now that is funny.

I love all these stories! Keep 'em coming!

I love being with a first time cruiser when they step onto the ship for the first time and have their own OMG moment!

On embarkation day you can sit in the atrium and watch as the people are entering and it's very easy to pick out the first timers who usually have their mouths hanging open as they stop and stare at the grandeur.

RCCL did me right a few years ago during a 9 day cruise out of BALTIMORE....the READERS DIGEST version is we were delayed leaving port as the ship was having an issue with one of the propulsion systems. Once we left port we traveled at half speed as they were unable to fix the issue the entire voyage. We missed all our ports except for one. On about the third day the captain early in the morning made an announcement that they had agreed to refund everyone's entire cruise fare for our troubles. I turned to my fellow travelers and asked "am I dreaming or did the captain just say we were getting our money back?" OMG!!!

I love sea days so I had no problem with having 8 of them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by scrim67

NCL related? Booked an inside gty on the Dawn out of NYC for Memorial Day weekend, checking our res many times a day to see what the cabin would be. Finally logged on and saw that we had been upgraded to a balcony room! I couldn't believe what I saw and had to keep checking it like a winning lotto ticket to make sure I read it right. Still have no idea how that happened but gives me hope when I book gtys that it will happen again.

Cruising in general? Probably my first time on any cruise ship, Celebrity Horizon, and entering the main atrium.