Just curious about last minute cruises....

For fun I was checking cruise prices for next month. I looked at the Allure July 27th sailing. I was surprised at how many cabins are available and still how high the prices are. I paid much less for my cruise on her last summer. Does Royal just let these cabins go empty or do they ever discount heavily in the couple weeks prior to sailing? Again , just curious... no plans to sail this summer.

Are they offering any guarantees? Sometimes I think they will have many cabins showing as open til the last minute, at higher prices, then fill with guarantee bookings at the end. So suddenly there will be no cabins available.

I am watching a July cruise and there seems to be a lot of cabins left, but prices are still high. They have 2 guarantee categories open though, so they might have less availability than I see.

You have to keep watching several times a day. Sometimes those automatic price watch notifications (if you subscribe) come through too late, or not at all.

Also, the guarantee prices they have on my cruise are not that great. Lowest prices I saw were @ 6 weeks out. Then they went up a little.

Edited by marci22

To the OP, yes - it will be a last minute (including days before sailing) discount. Those two ships seem to have kept their popularity and command high prices - until the end when RCI has no choice but bring in the fence sitters. They will very rarely go anything but sold out.

Edited by kemenyg

For fun I was checking cruise prices for next month. I looked at the Allure July 27th sailing. I was surprised at how many cabins are available and still how high the prices are. I paid much less for my cruise on her last summer. Does Royal just let these cabins go empty or do they ever discount heavily in the couple weeks prior to sailing? Again , just curious... no plans to sail this summer.

Guarantee rates for this date were just dropped today. Insides $699 to Oceanview balconies at $949

We are on this sailing.

We booked this cruise last Aug 30, 2013.

Before final payment we have gotten price reductions of about $1500.

When I saw how much the price dropped on Tues...:eek:

Our only hope is an Upsell, which is what we got on last summers Allure, doubt we can get an upgrade.

Our TA has called RCI and to no avail, no perks upgrades or what-ever.

Still hoping for an offer of an upsell.

Sea Ya