930 flight out of Fort Lauderdale

Ship will probably not be cleared before 7. Tons of people will say no problem. Cruise line does not recommend that early. I would take the chance if you are saving considerable money AND have a back up plan otherwise I would take a later flight.

Last December we were one of six ships in Port Everglades. We got off the infinity at 0800, and it took over an hour to get transportation to the airport. if you got off with the early/carry your luggage off, and there was a limited security line. You may make it. Every time we have flown out of Fort Lauderdale it has take about an hour to check in, and go through TSA (TSA Precheck). Personally, I think it is cutting it to close.

Yea you could, but, their is always that "what If"

I would worry too much thinking about the air flight on that last morning, but, others have posted on here they made the early flights.

Good luck.

Sea Ya

I am not generally a risk taker, but I would absolutely go for it!

Allure/Oasis always gets into port early (like by 4am), and starts self-disembarkation by 6am. Can you walk off with your own luggage? You need to have one hand free to grip the handrail on the escalator, otherwise you will be directed to use the elevator, which often has a long line. There is hardly any line for customs at that time. If you are able to do this, you will likely be through customs and in a cab by 6:30-6:45am, and at the airport by 7:00-7:15am. The keys are being on Oasis/Allure because they have an excellent record for time and efficiency with the process, and being able to do self-disembarkation so that you are amongst the first off the ship. We've done it and were sitting at the gate with plenty of time to spare. We were even able to get onto an earlier flight, standby. I have not read on CC of anyone having an issue making an early flight from Oasis/Allure and doing self-disembarkation.

I do not have firsthand experience with Southwest, but I've read reviews where they have a slow check-in at the airport with long lines, so if you are flying Southwest, then making an early flight is more risky.

Are you on the transatlantic, or a general eastern/western Caribbean itinerary? The transatlantic would be different, taking much longer to clear, and in that case, I would book a later flight.

We just sailed Oasis 3 weeks ago. We got into the port early...actually around 5:45 a.m. But, there was a delay in the Customs and Immigration agents and the walk-offs didn't getting off the ship 8:30 - 9 a.m. So, I think 9:30 a.m. makes for a stressful morning.

Our cruise gets in on the Allure at 615am. Do you think we would make a 930 flight out of Fort Lauderdale?

We are sailing the Oasis next week and have a 9:30 flight as well. Unfortunately, it was the only flight out of FLL before 6:00pm for our destination. So we are risking it, and will enjoy our cruise as much as anyone else. Whatever happens, happens.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We just sailed Oasis 3 weeks ago. We got into the port early...actually around 5:45 a.m. But, there was a delay in the Customs and Immigration agents and the walk-offs didn't getting off the ship 8:30 - 9 a.m. So, I think 9:30 a.m. makes for a stressful morning.

Wow - this is the first report on CC that I've read where there was such a delay and the walkoffs weren't off by 6:30.

You are right, that would be too stressful.

We are sailing the Oasis next week and have a 9:30 flight as well. Unfortunately, it was the only flight out of FLL before 6:00pm for our destination. So we are risking it, and will enjoy our cruise as much as anyone else. Whatever happens, happens.

I was wrong, it is the only flight time that day for Air Tran to our destination. Livin life on the edge!

You'll make it with early self debarkation, and if all goes well. It doesn't take much to throw a monkey wrench into things: late arrival by the ship, customs and immigration glitches, traffic tie ups on the way to, or at the airport. I think it's a case of: do you feel lucky?

I did the 9:30am flight three times with Allure/Oasis so far so good with time to kill at the airport too.

Once again I'm booked with a 9:30am flight in a couple of weeks and I won't be worried or stressed about it either.

If one day in the future I have an issue with an early flight I'll stop booking that early but for now it works out wonderful.

Enjoy your cruise

Edited by mojitodiva

Ouch! I've got a 9:30 jetblue flight and got the $10 pp fast security line option and now it looks close. Buy hey, I'm also cruising in August and hoping to avoid hurricanes (and the $100 pp for the six of us for a later flight). But as it appears to be about a 1 in 20 chance of a late arrival, might be worth the odds...and we have someplace to stay locally too, just in cas

In my opinion, that's way too early. I must have some kind of jinx on me, because, we have never, in 23 cruises, had the kind of luck getting off a ship, that these "go for it" posters are reporting. And we have cruised the Allure. Yes they were efficient, but I still think a 9:30 flight would be very difficult and stressful. Just remember, there are thousands of passengers on that ship. You can't all be the "first off the ship".

We are going to try it in September with the Allure the only ship in port. We have a 9:00 a.m. flight with Southwest. We are saving a lot of money on this flight by booking it.

We always do self debarkation and get off super early. Haven't had a problem yet ....

This is for Sk8tbeaker8, Ebaycruiser, Panthers 4890 and anyone else planning an early flight like this.

I'm trying to understand you so many of you are willing to risk missing your flight. So I'm wondering, what is your back up plan? What airline are you using, and how do they handle situations like this? For us, we usually end up on United Airlines and their policy is not lenient at all. Any change at all to our reservation, prior to take off, would cost us two hundred dollars a person, and then leave only the tiny remnant of our airfare to use toward another flight. (Meaning it's likely to cost $$$$ to catch the next flight, even if I called before the flight was actually gone.) And the tickets are worthless if the flight has taken off already. Do your airlines allow changes that don't cost so much?