Port of Miami

lindy sails

What is the best time to arrive at the port?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Most folks get there bewteen 11am and noon (some a bit eariler, others

a bit later).

Are you sailing to the Caribbean?

Yes 14 day. I've not cruised from Celebrity 's POM terminal before only Ft Lauderdale &. we boarded at Royal's new large terminal was used. Is this a new terminal?

Yes 14 day. I've not cruised from Celebrity 's POM terminal before only Ft Lauderdale &. we boarded at Royal's new large terminal was used. Is this a new terminal?

Is the Miami terminal new for X? Nope, not as far as I know. I have

sailed from there several times.

Is the Miami terminal new for X? Nope, not as far as I know. I have

sailed from there several times.

The reason I asked is we were on board pretty quickly using the Oasis Allure terminal. Maybe more agents working there were very few lines.

Thank you everyone!

The reason I asked is we were on board pretty quickly using the Oasis Allure terminal. Maybe more agents working there were very few lines.

Thank you everyone!

Oh...I think the terminals for Oasis/Allure are bigger than any other,

no matter what the port......from what I have been told they were

built specifically for those 2 ships:eek:....they are floating cities.

Edited by Lois R

Thank you everyone!

Hi Lindy sails,

If Celebrity uses the Royal Caribbean terminal in Miami (which would seem likely), it will probably be a lot better than the Pier 24/25 combination Eclipse has used at Port Everglades, over the past few years.

Personally, we prefer Port Everglades, but if Eclipse's embark & disembark experience improves - and I believe it will, this should hopefully be a good decision. While Port Everglades is an outstanding port, Eclipse was too big for 1 terminal, and often had difficulties on the disembarkation. Funny thing is, on her final Port Everglades sailing this past season ? The disembark was quite good. Go figure ! :)

BTW, I hope to be sailing on Eclipse's maiden voyage from Miami in November, and will be happy to share my insights.

Edited by Host Andy

Oh...I think the terminals for Oasis/Allure are bigger than any other,

no matter what the port......from what I have been told they were

built specifically for those 2 ships:eek:....they are floating cities.

Exactly right Lois. Pier 18 was expanded & upgraded specifically for Oasis and Allure, and both ships have first right to use the Pier. I'm fairly certain that no other terminal at PEV could handle ships of their size.

We were thinking of sailing on Oasis or Allure this Summer. Instead, we may add another Celebrity sailing to our plans for the upcoming season. I'm trying to finalize our 2014/2015 Caribbean plans within the next couple of weeks.

We usually arrive at POM around 10:30. Processing has been pretty easy. Celebrity uses the RCI terminal. It's nice but is nothing like terminal 18 in FLL which sets the standard for cruise ship terminals. I wish all terminals were this efficient.

Edited by cruisingator2

Exactly right Lois. Pier 18 was expanded & upgraded specifically for Oasis and Allure, and both ships have first right to use the Pier. I'm fairly certain that no other terminal at PEV could handle ships of their size.

We were thinking of sailing on Oasis or Allure this Summer. Instead, we may add another Celebrity sailing to our plans for the upcoming season. I'm trying to finalize our 2014/2015 Caribbean plans within the next couple of weeks.

Hi Andy:) hope the family is doing well. 2015 is still up in the air:eek:

I just can't decide what to do...I would love to take my 2nd voyage

to Europe but prices are just way too high for me:rolleyes:

I have nothing booked for next year:confused:

Hi Andy:) hope the family is doing well. 2015 is still up in the air:eek:

I just can't decide what to do...I would love to take my 2nd voyage

to Europe but prices are just way too high for me:rolleyes:

I have nothing booked for next year:confused:

Hi Lois,

We are doing ok, thank you for asking. I'm sorry to hear that you are up in the air for 2015. Usually, we are pretty set for the Caribbean season by now, but everything seems up in the air - partly due to pricing, and trying to coordinate my schedule along with what works for other family members. It's like trying to put together a huge puzzle LOL. We absolutely love the 14 day Caribbean sailings, but the prices are extremely high. Good for Celebrity ! You might want to check out Connie. There are some excellent deals out there.

Please stay in touch, and we hope to see you again in the near future !

Putting in my two cents (what is really worth) for showing up at after 1pm to the port. Check out late, go have lunch and head to the embarkation point. You always walk straight on to the ship without waiting. There you go, two cents, currently worth .0175 cents.

Putting in my two cents (what is really worth) for showing up at after 1pm to the port. Check out late, go have lunch and head to the embarkation point. You always walk straight on to the ship without waiting. There you go, two cents, currently worth .0175 cents.

LOL....it is funny how all of us do things differently. The problem for me

is?.....I don't want to check out late and one of the biggest reasons

is I can't sleep in on the day I sail....I almost have to force myself to

go back to sleep.;).....when it is 8, 8:30..in that range....the tv

will be on in the room and on the weekends I will watch old re-runs

of Law & Order.........but by 9:00 I am just ready to get up, shower,

eat breakfast and go......:eek:...by then it is after 10 and I have no

desire to wait till 1:00 to leave.