feet pointing aft or forward !

nettyh

I know this is a strange question but my friend can't sleep in a cabin with the bed facing forward !!!! We want to book aqua class deck 11 on the Connie but wonder if the cabins alternate the same as they do on Eclipse ?

I know from the m class sticky that the beds are all by the bathroom but no mention of which way the bed faces.

We were thinking of 1116 starboard if anybody has been in that cabin I would love to know.

Many thanks

janette

Wish this was also as easy to figure out as S class. Since we always book bed by the balcony on S class, I always know I will be facing forward (just like a car) when I sleep which is definitely my preference. With M class even though all beds are by the bath, the location of the beds differ because of which side the bathroom is on when you enter the room. So there is no way of really knowing which way the bed faces unless you have a definite starting point.

So to add to this post, anyone have any experience with Aqua 9108?

....Since we always book bed by the balcony on S class, I always know I will be facing forward (just like a car) when I sleep which is definitely my preference.

I don't believe this is true. We had stateroom 8244 on Eclipse. Being on the starboard side, the head of the bed was towards the front of the ship and the foot of the bed towards the back. From what I remember from watching a special on how the Reflection was constructed, all staterooms are built as identical modules, which would make staterooms that have the bed by the balcony always with their beds against the wall on the left side of the room, regardless on which side of the ship they are on. Since rooms on opposite sides of the ship are 180 degrees opposite from each other, all the bed-by-balcony rooms on the port side would have beds facing forward and all the bed-by-balcony rooms on the starboard side would have beds facing aft.

Disclaimer: I have no first hand proof of this since I have only been in staterooms on the starboard side. But if the rooms are indeed built as identical modules, then they would have to be opposite from each other depending on the side of the ship. A quick search of stateroom photos in the S-class stateroom compilation sticky appears to support this theory.

Edited by boogs

I know this is a strange question but my friend can't sleep in a cabin with the bed facing forward !!!! We want to book aqua class deck 11 on the Connie but wonder if the cabins alternate the same as they do on Eclipse ?

I know from the m class sticky that the beds are all by the bathroom but no mention of which way the bed faces.

We were thinking of 1116 starboard if anybody has been in that cabin I would love to know.

Many thanks

janette

Wow! How does your friend know he/she cannot sleep facing the wrong way -- did he/she find this out by accident, taking an entire cruise without sleep? :eek: That would be terrible!

Many thanks

janette

We were in 1116 and I believe the foot of the bed was toward the aft...bit I would not swear to that as it's been awhile....guess you could, as someone else said, just switch the pillows to the bottom of the bed.....

You know, I never thought about this before -- think I have slept every which way. I can tell you one thing, I have never slept as well as I did on the Infinity. One time, facing the bow, once, facing the stern. I thought maybe I was onto something.

Wish this was also as easy to figure out as S class. Since we always book bed by the balcony on S class, I always know I will be facing forward (just like a car) when I sleep which is definitely my preference. With M class even though all beds are by the bath, the location of the beds differ because of which side the bathroom is on when you enter the room. So there is no way of really knowing which way the bed faces unless you have a definite starting point.

So to add to this post, anyone have any experience with Aqua 9108?

Not quite. On the S-Class, starboard side, bed by the bath, your feet will face forward as you lay in bed. On the port side, bed by the bath, your feet will face aft as you lay in bed. It's just the opposite with the bed by the balcony. Starboard side, feet face aft, and port side, feet face forward.

Can't really speak to the M-Class.

We were recently in 1132 and the foot of the bead faced forward. So if the beds change every other one, 1116 should face forward, as well. I know that the cabin behind us...1136 on the end... faced aft. Their bed was right behind ours because I could hear the woman in the cabin coughing at night...right behind my head. :eek: Could also hear them when I was in our bathroom and they were in theirs.

The newer cabins are not as soundproof as the older ones. We could also hear, very well, the people in the cabin forward of us...1128. :rolleyes:

Edited by Iamthesea

Thanks to everyone who replied to my post.My friend found out this strange quirk the last time she cruised when the bed was the opposite way to every other time she had been on a ship.She did indeed put the pillows at the end of the bed but that might be a problem the way Celebrity beds curve at the bottom.

I've booked 1141 aft so our bed will be sideways so I don't care ...lol...I don't mind which way the bed points, as long as I'm cruising I'm happy.

Janette

You know, I never thought about this before -- think I have slept every which way. I can tell you one thing, I have never slept as well as I did on the Infinity. One time, facing the bow, once, facing the stern. I thought maybe I was onto something.

We were in a corner FV on Infinity. The bed was parallel with the stern of the ship, in other words, I moved up and down the bed, as the ship rolled from side to side. A dreadful feeling.

Never again, I'm back to my midships cabin.

If it makes you feel better, the beds are really light weight. Last cruise I ended up moving out beds at night so that our feet faced the balcony doors and I slept better sideways as opposed to head or feet first.

Wow

I always thought the beds were bolted down due to rough seas. Gotta try this.

They are not bolted down because they need to change from king to singles depending on the occupants. I've never tried to move one, however. I have tried to move a sofa and the coffee table over a few inches and those are heavy!

... my friend can't sleep in a cabin with the bed facing forward ...

How very odd! With the curtains closed, I can't tell what direction the ship is moving at all. The only clue I have is seeing the direction of the water passing by outside. If you can't see that visual clue, you won't know if you are going forward or backward.

If it makes you feel better, the beds are really light weight. Last cruise I ended up moving out beds at night so that our feet faced the balcony doors and I slept better sideways as opposed to head or feet first.

I even read on an old thread of someone who claims they move the bed out onto the balcony so they can sleep out there. Amazing the tall tales some people will tell. :)

Somebody has to ask so I guess that it will be me. How did this person determine that he had this problem? What happens if he sleeps perpendicular to the direction of motion instead of parallel to it? What happens if he sleeps facing the wrong way? Does this syndrome have a name?

DON

I even read on an old thread of someone who claims they move the bed out onto the balcony so they can sleep out there. Amazing the tall tales some people will tell. :)

I am not telling a "tale tail". I just got off the Solstice in May. We had an Aquaclass room 1520 (feet first) It was my son and myself. Besides the incessant thumping from the gym, there was a lot of motion in this area. I got a neck ache from trying to watch tv from the bed. Very uncomfortable mattresses. Anyway- after a couple nights of discomfort, I turned my bed (we had twins) side ways- so I could see the tv and the also had a nice view of the sea. Worked great. In the AM, I put the beds back where they belonged so the cabin steward wouldn't have to deal with it.

After three days of listening to people run on the treadmills at all hours of day and night- we were moved to a Conceirge Cabin on Deck 10. It was midship and bed was by the balcony. We slept head first. No motion, no thumping from the gym, a sea view from the bed and I slept like a baby.

I do think the cabin and bed set up matters. We had just come off a Norwegian ship where we slept sideways and I liked that the best.

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain