Neptune Suite Advice/Veendam

bookmomma

Omigosh...we just accepted an upsell offer for a Neptune Suite. Our cruise leaves this weekend on the Veendam from Boston to Quebec. I have no idea what brought us this amazing fortune...luck, our TA??? However... it's incredible, we may now be HAL cruisers for life! :)

We've decided to keep it a surprise for our girls (12 and 9) who are expecting our usual oceanview cabin.

Despite the great deal offered, we actually almost said no because we were afraid we weren't fancy enough for the suite life, but in the end, just couldn't resist the extra room and the amazingly gorgeous veranda!

Any tips or advice for us from those of you who have enjoyed Neptune Suites?

Awesome! Enjoy that sweet suite. They are addictive :D (trust me, I know just how addictive!) I bet you will get lots of use from the complimentary laundry and dry cleaning, travelling with kids. As mentioned, definitely check out the nibbles in the Neptune Lounge. Also, the concierges will be very helpful for dining ressies, shorex, etc.

I also suspect you will truly enjoy the private breakfast area for suite pax, especially having your kids along. Less chaotic than the Lido or the MDR.

And the balcony, oooooooooooooh, the balcony :)

Have a great trip!

We just returned from a Neptune suite on the Veendam on the 14 th. With 4 people you'll be glad to have that extra space. Yaya was our stateroom attendant and dexter was the concierge. They will not make you feel out of place.

There will be a bottle of cheap sparkling wine in your room when you arrive, if you talk to dexter he can exchange it for 6 cans of soda if you do not want it.

The pinnacle grill is very quiet (and empty) at breakfast time so it can be a nice way to start out the day. It is pretty cold in there though, so if you get cold easily then take a sweater.

Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

We just returned from a Neptune suite on the Veendam on the 14 th. With 4 people you'll be glad to have that extra space. Yaya was our stateroom attendant and dexter was the concierge. They will not make you feel out of place.

There will be a bottle of cheap sparkling wine in your room when you arrive, if you talk to dexter he can exchange it for 6 cans of soda if you do not want it.

The pinnacle grill is very quiet (and empty) at breakfast time so it can be a nice way to start out the day. It is pretty cold in there though, so if you get cold easily then take a sweater.

Enjoy your cruise!

You can also change the sparkling wine for "regular" wine.

Congratulations and don't fret. There isn't anything fancy about a Neptune Suite. The primary difference is that it is twice the size of a regular cabin. With the 2 kids, as previously mentioned, you will appreciate the extra room. The extra elbow room in the washroom is also nice. Love the balcony.

Familiarize yourself with the amenities and make sure that you receive what is promised. Don't be shy about questioning your concierge if something isn't missing. Just a heads up - the Neptune Lounge is very quiet. Some may like it, but we didn't.

Congratulations and don't fret. There isn't anything fancy about a Neptune Suite. The primary difference is that it is twice the size of a regular cabin. With the 2 kids, as previously mentioned, you will appreciate the extra room. The extra elbow room in the washroom is also nice. Love the balcony.

Familiarize yourself with the amenities and make sure that you receive what is promised. Don't be shy about questioning your concierge if something isn't missing. Just a heads up - the Neptune Lounge is very quiet. Some may like it, but we didn't.

You should have been on my last cruise. There was a dude that was very, very loud every morning in the pinnacle. One afternoon I walked by the Neptune and it sounded like there was a major party going on. Turned out it was just that dude. You had no problem hearing him everywhere on the ship:rolleyes:.

Congratulations on the upsell.

If you do not want the cheap sparkling wine in your stateroom, and the concierge will not exchange the wine, just ask the wine steward in the dining room if he/she will make the exchange.

If so, you just pay the price difference of the wine you choose as a replacement.

Omigosh...we just accepted an upsell offer for a Neptune Suite. Our cruise leaves this weekend on the Veendam from Boston to Quebec. I have no idea what brought us this amazing fortune...luck, our TA??? However... it's incredible, we may now be HAL cruisers for life! :)

We've decided to keep it a surprise for our girls (12 and 9) who are expecting our usual oceanview cabin.

Despite the great deal offered, we actually almost said no because we were afraid we weren't fancy enough for the suite life, but in the end, just couldn't resist the extra room and the amazingly gorgeous veranda!

Any tips or advice for us from those of you who have enjoyed Neptune Suites?

Good for you!! Congratulations. I am on the same cruise and they emailed me three times (each time 50 dollars pp cheaper) for the upsell to the Neptune suite. I couldn't justify it for just my daughter and I but teetered dangerously close to doing it for just the BALCONY alone. Sadly, a new vitamix was calling louder!!! lol Have fun. Enjoy the amenities. Good choice. Very jealous.

Good for you!! Congratulations. I am on the same cruise and they emailed me three times (each time 50 dollars pp cheaper) for the upsell to the Neptune suite. I couldn't justify it for just my daughter and I but teetered dangerously close to doing it for just the BALCONY alone. Sadly, a new vitamix was calling louder!!! lol Have fun. Enjoy the amenities. Good choice. Very jealous.

You should have upgraded the room and got a ninja blender instead of a vitamix instead. :) much cheaper and just as good. (I actually just did both, lol)

You should have upgraded the room and got a ninja blender instead of a vitamix instead. :) much cheaper and just as good. (I actually just did both, lol)

Thanks Sherilyn. But that new Vitamix looks so pretty...................

Thanks Sherilyn. But that new Vitamix looks so pretty...................

I've seen it, but I also saw the new Ninja system. I just upgraded from my old one. The vitamix is great but I just couldn't justify paying 3 times the price for an equal product that actually had more options (like the food processing attachment included).

Enjoy your cruise!

Congratulations on the Neptune Suite! As others have said, you will love it (and the space) and be spoiled from now on.

My suggestion is to check the website and be sure you know the amenities associated with the Neptune Suite. More than once I've met another passenger who had NOT been aware of certain amenities, like the Pinnacle breakfast, priority tendering off the ship, etc. Remember, too, that the concierge will do for you whatever the Front Desk does ... so it saves you trekking down to the Front Desk.

Enjoy! Have a wonderful cruise!

I've seen it, but I also saw the new Ninja system. I just upgraded from my old one. The vitamix is great but I just couldn't justify paying 3 times the price for an equal product that actually had more options (like the food processing attachment included).

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks, Sherilyn. I will.:)