Where to eat and what to do after boarding Allure?

Hello!

Our family of four (Me, DH, 8 & 6 year old girls)are leaving on Allure of the Seas on 7/6/14. I have no idea what we should do when we get on the ship. We have our reservations. Looking for advice/tips on what we can or should do. Is this the time to sign the girls up for Adventure Club? Thanks!

Hello!

Our family of four (Me, DH, 8 & 6 year old girls)are leaving on Allure of the Seas on 7/6/14. I have no idea what we should do when we get on the ship. We have our reservations. Looking for advice/tips on what we can or should do. Is this the time to sign the girls up for Adventure Club? Thanks!

Yes you can sign up once you board. As to what to do, get lunch at either the Windjammer or Park Cafe, go to the dining room and locate your table if you are on traditional (early / late seating) dining, start exploring the ship, check into your stateroom when ready at 1:00, and start having fun!

There will be tons to do and you will find your way to all of it very quickly. Enjoy Allure!

*IF* you board earlier Windjammer is a viable option; but it turns into a mod scene by 1.

Other venues open

Park Cafe

Giovannis (For a fee)

Solarium Bistro

Boardwalk Dog house

Cafe Promenade

Sorrentos on the Promenade

I am not sure about the Wipeout Cafe located near the sports court (pretzel hotdogs only here, not at Doghouse:confused:)

We're sailing on that day too! If you haven't done so already, you can book your specialty restaurants and shore excursions. Pick up a copy of the Compass, walk around the Promenade, Broadwalk and Central Park; you will be spending a lot of time in those areas. Before you know it, it'll be time to go to your room!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto on the suggestions mentioned here including checking out the Boardwalk, Central Park ( HINT- go at night and check out the classical trio under the starry night), Pool area ( especially the H20 Fun Zone for kids on deck 15 (center ship) ,the Solarium adult pool area ( forward ( deck 15) , Flowriders ( deck 16 aft) , which I think the girls will love, Video Arcade on deck 15, and for a cool experience , take the girls to Johnny Rockets, get them a milkshake, and watch the waiters sing & dance to an oldie like "YMCA" or "Respect" or "Staying Alive"..a ride on the Carousel close to Johnny Rockets is a MUST, of course...a few more MUST DO"S: diving show in the Aquatheater, the ice-skating show ( deck 3 & 4 Studio B) , parades at night on the Royal Promenade, a ride on the Rising Tide Bar from deck 5 up to Central Park, and the Zip-line aft on deck 16...this should keep all pretty busy!!

Big Al

Solarium Cafe is less hectic than Windjammer for lunch.

And the Daug Haus is the least hectic of all. On our 2nd visit to Allure we hit the beach pool right away and watched everyone walking about with their head on swivels taking everything in!

Hello!

We're sailing on that day too! If you haven't done so already, you can book your specialty restaurants and shore excursions. Pick up a copy of the Compass, walk around the Promenade, Broadwalk and Central Park; you will be spending a lot of time in those areas. Before you know it, it'll be time to go to your room!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Come over and join our Roll Call, if you have not done so already. Also, it is not to late to sign up for the Meet & Mingle.

Hello!

As far as lunch on Day 1, I agree with Bob and others who advised to avoid the Windjammer. As mentioned, unless you board early and get there right away, you will probably find quite a crowd.

We were on the Allure recently and decided to try out the Park Cafe on the first day, and found no lines at all. Best roast beef sandwiches too.

We actually only ate at the buffet once during the entire cruise, but that's a subject for another thread.

Enjoy your cruise!

We kinda like the challenge of the Windjammer, not only is it a tradition, but provides early entertainment with some of the witnessed feeding frenzy.

When we are done, we stroll around till the cabins ready.

Sea Ya

awhcruiser they have facial identity they take your sea pass card with your room number on it and all pictures taken after that will all be in a slot in the photo shop together no more looking for them it is cool.

Gary

Edited by glcoop

awhcruiser they have facial identity they take your sea pass card with your room number on it and all pictures taken after that will all be in a slot in the photo shop together no more looking for them it is cool.

Gary

We were told by a staff member that the facial recognition you refer to is actually retinal recognition that is encoded into the SeaPass card to confirm your ID - room numbers are not used for the picture identification in the photo shop.

But it really is a cool system in that all you need to do is insert your SeaPass card in the kiosks (on ships that have them) in the photo shops and the retinal coding is compared digitally with the pictures taken on board to identify and display yours.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

We board as early as we can, and then head directly to the Promenade Café.

We find a table, get sandwiches, desserts, and coffee or tea, then sit back and relax and watch everyone wandering around.

Many times, one of us will take a very short walk to Sorrento's and bring back some pizza slices too.

We have found this to be the least stressful way to begin our cruise.

Since you have younger kids, they may want to get in the pool after lunch. If you think they may, be sure you put your swimsuits in your carry on luggage, since the rest of your bags may not be delivered until later in the day.

Also, there is interactive signage by the elevators. You can use that to check out what is going on around the ship to see what you might like to do. (Basically, electronic version of the Compass.)

Enjoy your cruise! My son was 5 when I took him on his first, and he loved it....still does, and he's 16 now!

Edited by rajacks

Sailed on the Allure 3 years ago....have a great time

Park Cafe in Central Park is a great escape from the crowds on embarcation day

and the best restaurant on board is 150 central Park. When we sailed they were cvhanging the menu mid voyage, Don't know if they still do that.

Otherwise Chops and izumi are great too

Sailed on the Allure 3 years ago....have a great time

Park Cafe in Central Park is a great escape from the crowds on embarcation day

and the best restaurant on board is 150 central Park. When we sailed they were cvhanging the menu mid voyage, Don't know if they still do that.

Otherwise Chops and izumi are great too

I booked a dinner for DH and I alone one evening at Chops.....should I change it to 150 Central Park? My DH is a big steak eater...so I thought Chops would be the place to go??