Solo pricing?

How do they price for the cabin for a solo passenger?

Do they charge the same price as if there is 2 persons in a cabin?

Generally speaking yes, although you would only pay 1 lot of taxes/port fees.

Sometimes they only charges 150 % not 200% but depends on sailing dates how fully booked etc.

You would need to mock book a cruise to check if you have a specific cruise in mind.

Bob recently posted a link which showed offers for cruises that had the reduced single occupancy rates.

I am sure he will oblige and repost. Unfortunately I can't remember which thread it was on.

It varies. Some cruises have a 200% solo supplement and some have less.

EDIT: Here is the weekly sale link with the solo supplements:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

Edited by clarea

Cabin prices are based on DOUBLE occupancy....you sort of have to ignore the "per person" price...and double it! That's the cost of the room.

Or you can just put in "1" when you are going through the booking process and SEE what the actual price is. :rolleyes:

Sometimes they charge more than double. I assume it's an attempt to recover all the premium charges they don't get from the missing second passenger. Drink packages, specialty dining, excursions, spa treatments, etc.

If you can book as a single and only pay 150%, you're doing good with RCI.

There are other cruise lines that have specials with no Single Tax.

Sometimes they charge more than double. I assume it's an attempt to recover all the premium charges they don't get from the missing second passenger. Drink packages, specialty dining, excursions, spa treatments, etc.

If you can book as a single and only pay 150%, you're doing good with RCI.

There are other cruise lines that have specials with no Single Tax.

If it ever looks like they are charging MORE than double, just call and ask them to double-check. They really don't do that.

I have a balcony reservation for Dec 26, 2015 for my daughter and myself with final payment Sept 2015, with the half off sale.

She says she might not go. I plan on keeping the reservation even if she decides not to go. I will tell RC before final payment it will be a solo cabin.

From checking a fake booking, it looks like I would not be paying the second taxes.

Will they make me more to a different cabin?

I have a balcony reservation for Dec 26, 2015 for my daughter and myself with final payment Sept 2015, with the half off sale.

She says she might not go. I plan on keeping the reservation even if she decides not to go. I will tell RC before final payment it will be a solo cabin.

From checking a fake booking, it looks like I would not be paying the second taxes.

Will they make me more to a different cabin?

Probably not.

Be careful. I would check to see what the result would be if you cancel out your daughter before final payment, specifically whether that would generate a complete repricing of the cabin. I'd call C&A to see what they say.

If the cabin would get repriced, then leave the reservation untouched and have your daughter just be a no show. Afterwards you can get back the port taxes and the double points.

Yes, if a single is in a double occupancy stateroom stateroom.

And only if it was booked as a Solo Cabin.

If booked as a Double and a person is a no show only single C&A points apply.

If booked as a Double , than the second person actually cancels and price is adjusted to Solo pricing double C&A points apply.

And only if it was booked as a Solo Cabin.

If booked as a Double and a person is a no show only single C&A points apply.

If booked as a Double , than the second person actually cancels and price is adjusted to Solo pricing double C&A points apply.

Interesting, thanks for the clarification.

Is it me or are the dates wrong on this flyer?

Not you, I noticed yesterday that they had listed Monday June 29 and Tuesday June 30. The crack Royal proofreading team at work.

I would not be surprised if it gets fixed sometime today. They read this forum.

Edited by clarea

Not you, I noticed yesterday that they had listed Monday June 29 and Tuesday June 30. The crack Royal proofreading team at work.

I would not be surprised if it gets fixed sometime today. They read this forum.

Must be the same people who do the website......:rolleyes:

And you get double C&A points, right?
Yes, if a single is in a double occupancy stateroom stateroom.
I thought I heard that double points were only if you paid 200% of the base rate, and if it was a lower percentage then the points were adjusted accordingly. IF this is so, how do they handle half points? Or did I just dream this? My apologies if this is not true, but I figure that someone (especially frequent solo cruisers) will have the correct info,

Thom

I thought I heard that double points were only if you paid 200% of the base rate, and if it was a lower percentage then the points were adjusted accordingly. IF this is so, how do they handle half points? Or did I just dream this? My apologies if this is not true, but I figure that someone (especially frequent solo cruisers) will have the correct info,

Thom

I remember reading something about the 200% thing. I also remember reading that the D+ people who have more than 340 points and get the 150% single supplement were getting double points. Maybe someone can confirm.

I remember reading something about the 200% thing. I also remember reading that the D+ people who have more than 340 points and get the 150% single supplement were getting double points. Maybe someone can confirm.

When I had to cancel and my wife sailed alone, I asked the C&A rep and was told that double points required 200% supplement. Which she got, btw plus another 7 points for being in a JS; 21 points for 7 days. Don't know about D+.

I am in that situation and have been getting double points plus additional points for booking a suite. But am wondering how the points work for a solo traveler booking with a BOGO sale.

Edited by Don Pedro

I am in that situation and have been getting double points plus additional points for booking a suite. But am wondering how the points work for a solo traveler booking with a BOGO sale.

Thanks for the confirmation Pete.