Discount for First Time RCI Cruiser

So I will be taking my first RCI cruise in August. When speaking with a RCI rep, she told me as soon as I get on board to sign up for my C&A number. She also said at that point I would be eligible for the Gold coupon discounts. This doesn't sound right to me as I thought I would not get this until my second cruise.

I figured I would get the right info here.

So I will be taking my first RCI cruise in August. When speaking with a RCI rep, she told me as soon as I get on board to sign up for my C&A number. She also said at that point I would be eligible for the Gold coupon discounts. This doesn't sound right to me as I thought I would not get this until my second cruise.

You can certainly sign up on board but as your cruise points are calculated at the end of each cruise, your first eligibility for the coupons would not be until your next cruise. Perhaps she meant eligible to earn the coupons.

And BTW the coupons do not provide for a discount on your next cruise fare but for items and services available for purchase or use on board. There are tier level balcony discounts, however, for higher tier members. Go to the RCI website under Crown & Anchor to see the details of the program.

Each successive C & A tier level as you continue to cruise is effective in the same manner with the subsequent cruise from the one in which the points were earned.

Enjoy your first cruise - it won't be your last!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

There are no coupons, so to speak. The discounts by C&A level are already loaded onto your SeaPass Card when you check in. Not being a C&A Member at Check-In your card would have nothing loaded.

You really don't become a Gold Member until you've completed your first cruise, but I would see the Loyalty Ambassador once on board when signing up and see what he/she says. Never hurts to ask.:)

Here is the link to the most recent Current Listing of Exclusive Onboard Offers by C&A Level Since I complied this list while on our recent cruise on Rhapsody, there may be some additions to the various C&A levels depending on the ship.

Edited by cruisenfever

There are no coupons, so to speak. The discounts by C&A level are already loaded onto your SeaPass Card when you check in. Not being a C&A Member at Check-In your card would have nothing loaded.

You really don't become a Gold Member until you've completed your first cruise, but I would see the Loyalty Ambassador once on board when signing up and see what he/she says. Never hurts to ask.:)

Here is the link to the most recent Current Listing of Exclusive Onboard Offers by C&A Level Since I complied this list while on our recent cruise on Rhapsody, there may be some additions to the various C&A levels depending on the ship.

Thanks as always for providing this type of information!

Thank you for the list!

Are these benefits per SeaPass card or per cabin? As an example, buy a glass of wine, get one free. If I use that perk once with my card, can my spouse also take advantage of it once with her card?