Tis Himself, Once More

Himself

Havea MARVELOUS trip [ remember -it starts WHEN you board anything -including a train!]

A WONDERFUL time - I'm sure you will; I can sense the excitement! When [ IF?] that leaves you - I'm sorry; I doubt it EVER will!!!!! Enjoy your adventure!

Anne from Colorado

Himself:

Checking the Amtrak Discussion Board and asking questions on it in preparation for a once canceled and now re-booked Amtrak trip:

Dining Car Menu Items that get good reviews usually are the Roast Chicken, the Steak, and, at lunch if available, there must be a Grilled Cheese Sandwich that is very good.

I have had Railroad French Toast for breakfast on some of my other Amtrak trips. It is not offered on all. But, if I see that it is available when I travel on any of the 3 Amtrak trains that I will be on, I will most certainly order it.

I hope that you will return to CC and report on not only your Oosterdam cruise, but also what you experienced on your train trip.

Himself:

Checking the Amtrak Discussion Board and asking questions on it in preparation for a once canceled and now re-booked Amtrak trip:

Dining Car Menu Items that get good reviews usually are the Roast Chicken, the Steak, and, at lunch if available, there must be a Grilled Cheese Sandwich that is very good.

I have had Railroad French Toast for breakfast on some of my other Amtrak trips. It is not offered on all. But, if I see that it is available when I travel on any of the 3 Amtrak trains that I will be on, I will most certainly order it.

I hope that you will return to CC and report on not only your Oosterdam cruise, but also what you experienced on your train trip.

I think all of those items are on the Empire Builder Menu, except that the Grilled Cheese where Mac & Cheese is offered on the Kids menu.

http://www.amtrak.com/ccurl/824/138/Empire-Builder-Dining-Car-Menu-0514.pdf

Roy

Susie, Himself is sailing from Vancouver. I misnamed the ship, he's on the Oosterdam.

Himself left Chicago 10 minutes late, but as of now his train is predicted to reach Wisconsin Dells on time, so no major delays yet.

Roy

Susie, Himself is sailing from Vancouver. I misnamed the ship, he's on the Oosterdam.

Himself left Chicago 10 minutes late, but as of now his train is predicted to reach Wisconsin Dells on time, so no major delays yet.

Roy

Thanks for clearing up my confusion.

My daughter is on her honeymoon in Wisconsin and she was in Wisconsin Dells on Tues., July 2.

One of the unfortunate things about the Empire Builder running late is that it normally passes Glacier Park around sunset. Himself's train passed East Glacier Park last night at 10:23, 2 hours and 8 minutes late. It pretty much held it's own overnight, just passing Sandpoint Idaho at 3:38am Pacific time (2:21 late). Amtrak is optimistically predicting arrival in Seattle at 12:27pm, 32 minutes late.

Roy

I'm sorry to hear that Father missed the lovely scenery in Glacier National Park, because of darkness.

Hopefully, Himself will get to see the park on the way back. The Empire Builder arrived in Seattle at 1:29 Pacific time, roughly 5 minutes ago. With all the current track work on that route that's pretty good, possibly because some of the work was suspended for the holiday.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd

Hopefully, Himself will get to see the park on the way back. The Empire Builder arrived in Seattle at 1:29 Pacific time, roughly 5 minutes ago. With all the current track work on that route that's pretty good, possibly because some of the work was suspended for the holiday.

Roy

The Park is lovely during whatever season. I have had the pleasure of seeing it from the Empire Builder during the Summer and the Winter. Spectacular during each of my trips and I, like you Roy, hope Himself is able to enjoy the view during daylight.

Hey gang, Himself is back on the boards. I didn't know you were following my travels on the Empire builder. According to the revised schedule we were supposed arrive at noon. We got in at about !:15. Not bad! at one time we were running four hours late. We left Chicago ten minutes late and arrived in Milwaukee five minutes early. That was the last time we were early. I am now in Seattle and about to retire early as I am a bit tired. It was dark when I got to Glacier Park and so I could see nothing.

Edited by Himself

Hello Himself,

I am not sure what we will be doing next year. For now, we might be looking at a Hawaiian cruise for two weeks. If we do the Hawaiian cruise, we will not be able to do the two week Alaskan cruise. We have not yet decided what to do. Both of us are going back to school, and if we do the Hawaiian cruise, that will be our graduation present for both of us. That is the main reason I am not on the CC boards that much now. I am working full-time and going to school full-time. I am hoping to graduate sometimes next year. If we do not do to Alaska next year, it definitely will be missed.

Even on the Amsterdam two week cruise for this year, I am going to have to take books to read and study for the class that I will be taking then.

David

Good luck to you and your wife with the studies.

Himself:

They had good pancakes both mornings.

Roy

Roy how were you able to track me so well?

Roy how were you able to track me so well?

Amtrak.com has a "train status" utility that will show the progress at any point along the route. It was a a bit more difficult than usual because your train detoured through North Dakota skipping 3 cities where embarking/disembarking passengers completed part of their journey by bus.

Trainstatus.pdf

Roy