tall men ?? short beds?

windsor26

I have had a request for information from a friend thinking of her first cruise. Her husband is extra tall and she is worried about the length of the beds in perhaps a suite or mini suite.

Has anyone had a problem this way and if so is there a fix?

With either a mini-suite or full suite, you can ask to have the other bed made up. The sofa is a single, not a double, but then he could have the queen and room for his tall frame. Not the best solution but an option.

I come from a family of extra talls (brothers are 6' 8" and 6' 5"). Your friend asked, and maybe it is because she knows that short beds bother her husband, but my brothers (and many other tall guys I know) are well used to short beds and low ceilings (and cramped plane seats), so maybe it's more her concern than his? Regardless, there is no difference in the bed length between different cabin categories.

I would be more concerned about shower height. I known the mini-suite showers are in a bathtub and are particularly short.

My husband is 6'6" and we have been on many cruises , the beds are shorter than ours at home , but he manages fine. The showers are a challange, the mini suite showers are bigger since they are usually also a tub, so that might help. HOpe it all works out fine.

Cori

Yes there are/were bed extenders listed. I tried one on our last cruise. We were in a mini suite. Have to say that when the extender was added it only left you about 2 inches to walk around the bed towards the sofa. After one night I asked that it be removed. Felt it was more inconvenient. Seems they pull down the bed towards the opposite wall and the gap that is at the head of the bed is filled in with a piece of foam. Mine was about a quarter of an inch higher then the mattress BUT that was were the pillow went so that really didn't bother me. The beds in the cabin were made up as twin beds FYI. Have to say the room Steward is the first one in 20 years of cruising that even offered it to me. Guess I was kind of shocked that he asked but he was a really great room steward.

My 6'7" husband and son always manage. The beds aren't long enough but no space is ever big enough and they spend their lives adjusting to short beds, no head room and no leg room. They always figure out a way to make do and get as comfortable as possible.