Best Hotels in Seattle and why?

Sailing out of Seattle again next year and wanted to know what everyone's favorite hotel is and why.

We stayed at the Sheraton only a few blocks away from Pike Place Market but would like to stay at a different hotel next year to get a brand new experience .

We stayed at the Edgewater Hotel a few years ago and loved it. It's not sleek and elegant, it's rustic and maybe a little run down, but we had a room on the water and loved hanging out on the balcony. We watched cruise ships coming in and going out. We saw a big drill/show put on by the fire fighting boats. It was fascinating and relaxing for me to watch the jelly fish swimming around under my balcony. We walked to pike place and back. It was just right for us that trip.

Elaine

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Sailing out of Seattle again next year and wanted to know what everyone's favorite hotel is and why.

We stayed at the Sheraton only a few blocks away from Pike Place Market but would like to stay at a different hotel next year to get a brand new experience .

Of the Seattle area hotels I've stayed in, Doubletree Arctic Club is my favorite. It's classy, right downtown, and it has a beautiful lounge area on the 2nd floor.

You asked for names of the 'best', not necessarily the best priced. :)

Many people think the Edgewater and Four Seasons are two of Seattle's 'best'.

We stayed five nights at Four Seasons and thought it absolutely wonderful. One of the best Four Seasons we've ever visited. Amazing staff.

You asked for names of the 'best', not necessarily the best priced. :)

Many people think the Edgewater and Four Seasons are two of Seattle's 'best'.

We stayed five nights at Four Seasons and thought it absolutely wonderful. One of the best Four Seasons we've ever visited. Amazing staff.

This is a cruise for my parents so It being best priced is not as necessary as it being best atmosphere and staff :)

The only thing about the Four Seasons that we didn't like is that the pool is outdoors lol put I think we will survive

For location, the Edgewater. The Beatles actually stayed there in the 60's and fished from their balcony. Don't think that's allowed anymore ;). The Arctic Club is pretty far from the touristy areas as well as the port.

Are you more interested in location or fancy?

For location, the Edgewater. The Beatles actually stayed there in the 60's and fished from their balcony. Don't think that's allowed anymore ;). The Arctic Club is pretty far from the touristy areas as well as the port.

Are you more interested in location or fancy?

In a "perfect world " I would like the hotel to be within walking distance of the Port, Pike Place Market , and the Seattle Space needle.

With either a city or an oceanfront view.

Friendly atmosphere

An indoor pool and free Wi-Fi

Clean and comfortable rooms

In reality we are not picky and just want to spend a few days exploring Seattle before and after our cruise.

Another vote for the Edgewater. It's location right over the water is perfect and you can walk to Pike Market and various restaurants and shops pretty easily. We loved it, though it's a rather odd mixed bag of style - we called it "Hunting Lodge meets Las Vegas" decor. We were tired at the end of the day and opted to have dinner in their restaurant, which turned out to be a great choice.

The Space Needle is a looong walk from downtown, but you can ride the monorail and get there in 5 minutes. You can catch the monorail at 5th & Pine in the Westlake Center.

The Pike Place Market is on 1st & Pike. And then you just walk south on the waterfront to see all the little shops, Aquarium, The Great Wheel (on my bucket list).