RCCL VISA rewards recently

Has anyone redeamed their Mycruise rewards program points recenty. I was given 100-687-0768 to call when I called my card. This number has been ringing busy all day. If anyone has redeamed their points lately, please inlighten me. Thanks!

I use the website to redeem:

https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

Edited by clarea

I highly recommend the suggestions given by others above in this thread.

I was given 100-687-0768 to call when I called my card. This number has been ringing busy all day.

That's not a valid phone number. If you've been actually trying to call it, it wouldn't go through and that'd probably be why you're getting a busy (or perhaps an error) signal.

I have a rewards question, as well. I have points that are expiring in December 2014. Does that mean I have to cruise before then, or could I book a cruise now for, say, April 2015 and have the points applied to that? Thanks in advance!

I have a rewards question, as well. I have points that are expiring in December 2014. Does that mean I have to cruise before then, or could I book a cruise now for, say, April 2015 and have the points applied to that? Thanks in advance!

You just have to have them applied to your cruise before they expire. The sail date can be any date in the future.

You just have to have them applied to your cruise before they expire. The sail date can be any date in the future.
I might be wrong but I though the sail date had to be within 6 months of when you redeem the points. I'm positive that I read that somplace.

I might be wrong but I though the sail date had to be within 6 months of when you redeem the points. I'm positive that I read that somplace.

That was the case with the old paper certificates, but I'm not sure it was carried forward when they went to the web-based redemption.

Under the old system you got a paper certificate that needed to be applied to a booking within 6 months. The sail date still could have been after that time.

Edited by molly361

I recently redeemed points for a 7 night cruise for two & did so via the website. It was very easy & I received a confirmation of the redemption right away. I also recall seeing there was a deadline for using the redeemed points (although, looking for that info, I cannot find it now). I don't know if you have to actually sail by that deadline...or just apply the points to a specific cruise before then.

I booked my cruise first, then redeemed the points. You give them your booking #, Ship name & sail date and they handle the rest. RCCL even called me regarding my cabin selection and were very helpful.

I've used points on several occasions and always call when using a large amount of points. Once they are redeemed you cannot get credit back if they do not apply to your cruise. It was a good thing I called when applying points to my daughter's honeymoon cruise just recently. There are many rules that apply to certain rooms, ships, and if you have a discount due to residency. We had to change their room 3 times just to make the points work and luckily I had an awesome Royal Caribbean agent on the phone.

Use the phone number just to be sure...and ask every questions just in case.

Happy redeeming! :)

I had no problems redeeming points (on telephone, during original booking). My problem is that the points keep " falling off" the reservation for no apparent reason. Five days before final payment, a balance due appeared for the amount of the redeemed points, I called, they reapplied the points, all was well for more than two weeks. The same balance due reappeared, I called two days ago and am still waiting for the adjustment. Meanwhile, I received two emailed invoices showing the amount due, even though final payment was due on June 15 and was made. I am afraid the booking will be cancelled due to nonpayment, even though I was assured that will not happen, or it will "fall off " again just prior to boarding and there will be complications when checking in. Moral of the story, keep checking your reservation after the points are applied.

ZoeyVictoria - I am having the same problem! My cruise was showing with a zero balance & now 6 days before final payment, it is showing the full amount due. I am going to call now & I'll be keeping a close eye on it!

ZoeyVictoria - I am having the same problem! My cruise was showing with a zero balance & now 6 days before final payment, it is showing the full amount due. I am going to call now & I'll be keeping a close eye on it!

And your other thread helped me figure out why my points are "falling off". The first time it happened was just after I booked Chops online. And the second time was just after I went back into dining reservations to see if there was a package to book, even though I didn't find anything and did not make a reservation. I will quit trying to spend more money on RCI, since it is too time-consuming to keep calling them. Thanks for your help - this is what CC is all about.

I had the same problem with one of my reservations that had an award on it. Every time I went into it the award fell off. The agent finally put a note in the booking stating that every time someone accesses it you have to make sure that the award is still on there.

Thanks to both of you. Hey Molly! I wil be sure to book something within 6 months, just to be sure. Thanks! :D

Sam's Club has a new Mastercard that gives 3% back on travel, 5% back on Gas. Other than maybe Capital One's Venture and one of the Barclays cards, this is probably the best bang per buck for travel cards.

We just signed up for one of the Barclay cards- 2% on all travel purchases and you can use it for statement credit off your travel purchases. It is getting too confusing for me and too restrictive to try to get more than 2% from the RCL card.

We just signed up for one of the Barclay cards- 2% on all travel purchases and you can use it for statement credit off your travel purchases. It is getting too confusing for me and too restrictive to try to get more than 2% from the RCL card.

If I'm understanding it correctly, NCL's card has 5% rotating categories. 10 years ago these cruise line cards would have been an outstanding deal, but they're just not keeping up with the competition.

Still, some rewards is better than no rewards...

Sam's Club has a new Mastercard that gives 3% back on travel, 5% back on Gas. Other than maybe Capital One's Venture and one of the Barclays cards, this is probably the best bang per buck for travel cards.

The Sam's card does have upper limits on how much you can get back.