Confused about carrying on wine policy

Nanax863

Hi Everyone,

I know if I search hard enough I may find the answer to my question but I am at work and pressed for time so I created a new Thread ;-) I understand that you may carry on 1 bottle of wine per person and/or a 12 pack of soda.......the and/or is the question ! is it 1 bottle of wine OR a 12pack of soda or can 1 person take 1 bottle of wine AND a 12 pack of soda! 36 days till SAIL!

Hi Everyone,

I know if I search hard enough I may find the answer to my question but I am at work and pressed for time so I created a new Thread ;-) I understand that you may carry on 1 bottle of wine per person and/or a 12 pack of soda.......the and/or is the question ! is it 1 bottle of wine OR a 12pack of soda or can 1 person take 1 bottle of wine AND a 12 pack of soda! 36 days till SAIL!

We brought wine and soda aboard in our carry-on.

We brought wine and soda aboard in our carry-on.

I am doing the solo cruise this time and wonder if they will allow me to bring a six pack of small wine coolers instead of one large bottle of wine?

I really doubt it. Wine coolers are flavored beer. If they allow that some would say they need to allow beer. And then others would say If they can have beer why can't I have my rum? And so on.

I am doing the solo cruise this time and wonder if they will allow me to bring a six pack of small wine coolers instead of one large bottle of wine?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I really doubt it. Wine coolers are flavored beer. If they allow that some would say they need to allow beer. And then others would say If they can have beer why can't I have my rum? And so on.

I agree that it's doubtful.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No they won't, if for no other reason you are limited to 750ml of wine, not a large bottle which is 1.5L

Edited by okgirl

• 1 month later...
:(

One bottle - 750ml :cool:

Is there a corkage fee? :rolleyes:

Supposed to be if you take it to the dining room to have with dinner. But then again they sometimes ignore the bottle. Really hit or miss. Just pour a glass and take it with you. :)

Edited by Bookbug53

Hi,

If you bring wine on board and want to have it at dinner you get a wine glass either from your steward or ask at a bar on the ship. Then you pour yourself a glass of wine and bring it with you to the dining room.

You won't be the only one doing that! IF you want more than 1 glass and bring the bottle with you they may/may not charge you a corkage fee.

Edited by riffatsea

If you don't really like wine but do like wine coolers, have you considered the flavoured wines made by Arbor Mist and other companies? Many varieties. Usually very sweet and fruity - a wine for non-wine drinkers.:) It's what I sometimes drank before I actually liked wine. I haven't had any in years, but I still see it in stores and it seems like they are constantly coming out with new flavours. And they come in 750 ml bottles.;)

If you don't really like wine but do like wine coolers, have you considered the flavoured wines made by Arbor Mist and other companies? Many varieties. Usually very sweet and fruity - a wine for non-wine drinkers.:) It's what I sometimes drank before I actually liked wine. I haven't had any in years, but I still see it in stores and it seems like they are constantly coming out with new flavours. And they come in 750 ml bottles.;)

People really don't like wine?:confused: ;)

People really don't like wine?:confused: ;)

Believe it or not.:p Shocking, right?:eek::p

One of my best friends and I used to have fun trying different flavours of Arbor Mist but neither of us had a taste for "real" wine. I have since developed said taste and she never has - still will only drink Arbor Mist - like products and she's perfectly happy with that. I, however can't stand that sweet stuff anymore. I'm a Pinot Noir kinda gal, now. So it just means instead of sharing one bottle, we each get our own bottle of our chosen wine.:D