Cab Ride Cost

Can someone please tell me the cost of a cab from port Everglades to FLL airport? We normally take the Royal shuttle but are going to have an earlier flight.

TIA!!

Something like $10 to $15 per cab.

We paid $20 which included tip for the two of us

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We just did this last month. $20.00 (including tip) and the return was so quick it was only 18.00 (including tip.)

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

No traffic, $12-13. Traffic, $14-16. Add tip. It is really close!

If you have more than 4 people or a lot of luggage you can get a minivan cab that charges the same rate. You do NOT have to pay per person. That is a different car service. I didn't know that the first time and paid for 2 cabs for 5 people. Then OceanBoy posted about the minivan cabs.

Edited by marci22

btw, confirm the fare before you get out of the cab. Look at the meter.

Last time I was there, the driver zeroed out the meter as he got out of the cab. It was like $14. I waited until he unloaded our luggage and he told me I owed him $20. I said "no I owe you $XX" I still gave him a tip but he was a scammer.

btw, confirm the fare before you get out of the cab. Look at the meter.

Last time I was there, the driver zeroed out the meter as he got out of the cab. It was like $14. I waited until he unloaded our luggage and he told me I owed him $20. I said "no I owe you $XX" I still gave him a tip but he was a scammer.

Our cab driver did the same thing. He told us there was a minimum charge for the airport. $20 We did not know any better. :o

90% of the time the cabbies have been honest and the fare has been $14 to $16 depending on traffic.

Twice they tried to tell me $20 flat fee and didn't want to turn on the meter. After threatening to exit the cab they turned on the meter.

I took the RCCL airport shuttle once because it was free between their ships. They waited until every seat on the bus was full which took an hour. The folks that had paid for the airport shuttle had to first wait for us to go to other ships before they headed for the airport, They were not happy.

Take a cab.

Edited by loudbmw

for 6, I guess that would be a bit tight for a minivan cab (yes we have luggage).

Just take two cabs, or are there other options to get to the FLL airport in a hurry?

I would ask about the minivan cab capacity first. Then you only pay one fare instead of two. Tip extra for your luggage.

for 6, I guess that would be a bit tight for a minivan cab (yes we have luggage).

Just take two cabs, or are there other options to get to the FLL airport in a hurry?

There are shuttle options, but the taxi will be the quickest. The shuttle will want to wait to fill up.