What time from Barcelona Airport, Liberty?

I'm also curious.

We flew back from BCN to the States this past Sunday and found BCN to be a zoo. Long, slow lines and only 3 self checking kiosks at the US Air area .... and one wasn't properly processing passport info. We arrived at 8:50AM for a 10:45 flight and barely made it.

It is a gorgeous airport but one I suspect is easier to deal with the second time around when you are familiar with how they lay out their check in counters. However security was very fast and the agents did their best to get everyone sorted so that people on our flight got priority to check in and go through so we wouldn't miss the flight.

Curious to see others experience. Were we unlucky or is it normal there to need 2 hours at least to catch a flight to the US.

ETA we were also on the Liberty. Awesome cruise. Super easy debarkation. Enjoy!

Sent from my LT28at using Forums mobile app

Edited by Badger-Badger

You can probably make an earlier flight, but the fact that it's likely a transatlantic flight, and not many other options if it's missed, I'd have to go with 1pm or later to keep my stress level low enoigh.

There was only 1 flight a day when we flew back to the states from our cruise in Barcelona. Our return flight was at 10:30 am and I recall when we got to the airport at 7:30 am and the ticket agents were not even there yet.

Same here. We flew united and the counter for check in wasn't open. Beautiful airport but no signs for united anywhere. Even the Taxi driver didn't know what terminal area it was in.

Same here. We flew united and the counter for check in wasn't open. Beautiful airport but no signs for united anywhere. Even the Taxi driver didn't know what terminal area it was in.

This was part of our trouble. We knew it was T1 but once inside we did not know the ticket counter number and there was no directory so the directional signs weren't useful.

We flew Delta from BCN to JFK last Sept. Fortunately for us, the Delta counter was easy to spot for check in and was a breeze. I do agree that the signage was a bit confusing when we were looking for our gate.

To be honest, I was a bit shocked when our cab driver asked us if we were T1 or T2.

I thought all cab drivers knew where the various airlines were located.

Anyhow, my son said, " T-1" although we hadn't realized we needed that info. It was a lucky guess. :)

Our flight was 10:40 am and we arrived with plenty of time to spare.

Liberty of the Seas shows arrival in Barcelona at 5 AM. What would be the earliest reasonable time to catch a flight out of Barcelona? Thanks.

We were also on Liberty of the Seas. Disembarkation was really simple. We had pre-purchased RCI's ship to airport bus transfer before the cruise. We chose a 12:05 PM flight out of Barcelona because we knew that was plenty of time in case there were unexpected delays. Even with a 2-hour layover in Munich, we got back to the US (California) at 7:05 PM. We didn't have to worry if it was T1 or T2 because RCI had shuttle buses to both T1 and T2 so we just told the RCI representative which airline we were on and he directed us to the appropriate shuttle bus.

We were on Lufthansa. There were only 3 self-service check-in kiosks and 1 was out of order. I've used self-service check-in kiosks plenty of times in the US and it takes less than 5 minutes to check-in. So when we were waiting in line at 1 of the kiosks in Barcelona and 1 person in front of us was took almost 30 minutes to check-in and print his tickets, I was wondering how he could take that long. Then I got to the kiosk and found out why he took so long. The kiosk kept having trouble scanning our passports and also some of the buttons on the screen didn't seem to work properly. It took me about 15 minutes to finally get our tickets printed.

After we got our tickets printed, we dropped off our luggage and got through security pretty quickly and still had about 2 hours to get some food before the flight. There was just 1 other minor confusion. The tickets we printed said Gate C, but the TV screens displaying flight information said our flight was at Gate B area, which was at the other end of the airport. Also, the TV screens only display the gate area (e.g. Gate B) and don't display the exact gate number (e.g. Gate B52) until about 30 minutes before the flight.

I had planned to get transfers for our upcoming Liberty trip to BCN trip (7/13-7/20), but the RC website says transfers are not available. The RC website says the earliest recommended flight from BCN is 9:00a, so our 10:45a flight is way beyond the minimum.

I'm confused by the post that transfers are available!?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Try this link for the official Barcelona airport website in English.

http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite/Aeropuerto-Barcelona/en/Page/1045569607351//Departures.html

Your departure terminal should be detailed on your flight documentation and please don't rely on taxi drivers to know which terminal your airline departs from, they aren't employed by the airport authority and aren't necessarily regular visitors to the airport if you are travelling from the city to the airport.

This link has an interactive map where you can select your airline and determine the location of the check in machines.

http://www.aena-aeropuertos.es/csee/Satellite?pagename=cartografia&ps=t&pl=0&ca=BCN&ti=T1&Language=EN_GB

With a little investigation you can find all the information you need.

Here's a fantastic Barcelona tourist guide with sections relating to the airport and also includes detail on getting to/from the cruise terminal.

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/airport/barcelona-airport.html

That website is great .... unfortunately the airline info would not load ( now or last weekend) on my phone which was our only internet access. It was frustrating to have the info so close but so far away!

If it works for you get your ticket counter number as well as the terminal. It will make things much easier :)

You are going to have a great time! My husband and I are just off Liberty on Thursday from Rome. Next time we will leave from Spain. Spain is beautiful! Have a great time!!! :)

I had planned to get transfers for our upcoming Liberty trip to BCN trip (7/13-7/20), but the RC website says transfers are not available. The RC website says the earliest recommended flight from BCN is 9:00a, so our 10:45a flight is way beyond the minimum.

Your 10:45 flight time should be fine. As far as transfer, you can call Royal ask them why they are not available. It is possible that you can only book the transfers on board.

Have a wonderful cruise!

We arrived at Barcelona after a transatlantic in May. We were not in a rush to get off as we were staying for three days before flying back to the US. We waited in a line for over an hour to get a taxi into town. Anyone with prearranged transport did a lot better than we did.

You should be able to purchase transfers before the cruise because there's pre-cruise airport-to-ship transfers (which you obviously have to purchase before the cruise) as well as post-cruise ship-to-airport transfers.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think you can only purchase the transfers if you book your airline tickets through RCI's ChoiceAir program. But I'm not entirely sure so you should call your TA or call RCI to confirm that.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think you can only purchase the transfers if you book your airline tickets through RCI's ChoiceAir program. But I'm not entirely sure so you should call your TA or call RCI to confirm that.

We've booked transfers many times, and never used Choice Air, so I don't think that's it.

I'll give RC a call tomorrow -- wish me luck!

We arrived at Barcelona after a transatlantic in May. We were not in a rush to get off as we were staying for three days before flying back to the US. We waited in a line for over an hour to get a taxi into town. Anyone with prearranged transport did a lot better than we did.

We got so lucky ... we walked off the ship at 7:15 and were in a cab no more than 10 minutes later ( and that includes the walk through the terminal) We caught an earlier train to our post-cruise destination than anticipated because it was so quick and easy. If you are concerned about time it may pay for you to self-assist debark early if possible.

Edited by Badger-Badger

There was only 1 flight a day when we flew back to the states from our cruise in Barcelona. Our return flight was at 10:30 am and I recall when we got to the airport at 7:30 am and the ticket agents were not even there yet.

Ditto! Two years in a row we had the 10:30a.m. flight out of Barcelona and were first in line when the check-in counter opened. We did the self-disembarkation option each time and it worked out perfect. I would not hesitate to book the same flight again (and hope to be able to do so again in the future!) :D

It is cheaper (and quicker) to just grab a cab! I recall it was about 45 Euros for the cab. (per cab not per person). One year we shared the cab with another couple who were in line with us. The cabs are small though, so if you have a lot of luggage, they probably can't take more than 3 passengers in one cab, with 2 passengers being optimum.

When you do the self-disembark you are first off the ship (with luggage in tow) and there is almost NO line for a cab. We did this two years in a row and were off the ship and in our cab in about 10 minutes! Got to the airport between 7-7:30a.m. (for a 10:30a.m. flight) both times! So easy!

Just got home from the Liberty last night. You can book airport transfers once on board..they'll put a note about it in your stateroom one night. Flights departing BCN before 12:30 and having airport transfers debarked at 6:45 am. We had a 12:45 flight and debarked at 8:45. Once inside the terminal you have to read the sign which tells you which row your airline is located in, kinda like library rows. The kiosk couldn't read our daughters passport so when we went to drop off our luggage the agent just printed it. Traveling within the EU? You'll turn right and and go down the escalator after security. Flight to the States? Go left for passport control.