Review of Miracle to Alaska 06/24

Rock712

did you think the Tracy arm excursion was a must do ?

YES, YES, YES. We missed it on our first cruise so we booked a second Alaska cruise and it wasn't offered. Everyone we talked to the just went on and on about it. Now we are planning our third trip to Alaska. That is the bucket list item for that cruise (2016)

bob - yes , absolutely on the Tracy Arm Excursion. It just gives you so much better of a perspective and view of things while in Tracy Arm. The Miracle is limited due to size and amount of ice in water. On the day we were there the boat we were on for the excursion went right up to the face of the glacier. The closest the Miracle made it was 3 miles away. Also , the smaller boat will pull right up to the shoreline on either side to view wildlife and scenery. In a couple of cases we pulled right up to the base of waterfalls. I found the smaller boat to be very comfortable. There are a ton of seats inside w/ large windows for viewing , or plenty of room on the outside decks to move around and take pictures. I really think doing it gives you the best of both worlds. We entered Tracy Arm At 11:00am , with a scheduled departure of 6;00pm. We got on the Explorer right at 11;00 and were back on the ship at 2:30 , so we were able to enjoy Tracy Arm from both perspectives

Thanks .. we have the 11 am booked ...

was it easy getting on and off ... for someome who is 75 ?

On our excursion it was very easy , just like taking a normal step. In addition , there were a several crewman standing right there to steady you as you stepped from the ship onto the excursion boat. I noticed they were holding everyone's arms as they went across , male and female , young and old.

On our excursion it was very easy , just like taking a normal step. In addition , there were a several crewman standing right there to steady you as you stepped from the ship onto the excursion boat. I noticed they were holding everyone's arms as they went across , male and female , young and old.

well I thank u for all your info ... my husband finally agreed to give it a try ...

we cruise 7/22

Jodi and Bob

bob - yes , absolutely on the Tracy Arm Excursion. It just gives you so much better of a perspective and view of things while in Tracy Arm. The Miracle is limited due to size and amount of ice in water. On the day we were there the boat we were on for the excursion went right up to the face of the glacier. The closest the Miracle made it was 3 miles away. Also , the smaller boat will pull right up to the shoreline on either side to view wildlife and scenery. In a couple of cases we pulled right up to the base of waterfalls. I found the smaller boat to be very comfortable. There are a ton of seats inside w/ large windows for viewing , or plenty of room on the outside decks to move around and take pictures. I really think doing it gives you the best of both worlds. We entered Tracy Arm At 11:00am , with a scheduled departure of 6;00pm. We got on the Explorer right at 11;00 and were back on the ship at 2:30 , so we were able to enjoy Tracy Arm from both perspectives

Did you book Tracy Arm while on the ship or via e-mail? Did you get your tickets the same time as your other excursion tickets?

How did you get from the ship to the airport?

Did you book Tracy Arm while on the ship or via e-mail? Did you get your tickets the same time as your other excursion tickets?

How did you get from the ship to the airport?

I booked the Tracy Arm excursion on line. You send them an e-mail and they send you an e-mail back confirming. It will not show up on your Planned excursion list on Carnival.com. We received our tickets along with all other excursions tickets in room first night of cruise.

We used a Carnival Transfer to get from ship to airport. Very easy. As soon as you walk out of door from clearing customs , the buses are lined up just a very short walk. Plenty of Carnival agents to direct you to correct bus. Bus will then drop you at correct airline doors at airport.

One thing I also left out of my original report was Luggage Express. This is a service Carnival now provides so that if you're flying out same day as cruise end , for a $20.00/pp fee Carnival will give you luggage tags and boarding passes. You put your tags on luggage and set outside door last night of cruise and you don't touch it again until you arrive final destination. also , you have your boarding passes , so when you get to airport you go straight to security and your departure gate , no other check-in required. WE did it and worked perfect. Loved not having to deal with the luggage at the airport or check-in

Great trip report !! Are you sure this was your first review? Too bad you can't get your photos loaded .....

I can certainly share your enthusiasm about the whale watching trip. Nothing like being on a small boat for that experience. Living in the PNW gives me easier access to whale watching, especially orcas ..... never tire of it.

For the folks that don't notice the STICKY for trip reports, why don't you create a new thread in the Alaska forum and include this link. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Thanks .. we have the 11 am booked ...

was it easy getting on and off ... for someome who is 75 ?

We took this excursion the week prior. We had my 84 year old grandmother who uses a walker and it was easy for her to get onto the boat. They assisted her to a seat right in front. This was a highlight of our trip. Not to be missed.

Susan

I booked the Tracy Arm excursion on line. You send them an e-mail and they send you an e-mail back confirming. It will not show up on your Planned excursion list on Carnival.com. We received our tickets along with all other excursions tickets in room first night of cruise.

We used a Carnival Transfer to get from ship to airport. Very easy. As soon as you walk out of door from clearing customs , the buses are lined up just a very short walk. Plenty of Carnival agents to direct you to correct bus. Bus will then drop you at correct airline doors at airport.

One thing I also left out of my original report was Luggage Express. This is a service Carnival now provides so that if you're flying out same day as cruise end , for a $20.00/pp fee Carnival will give you luggage tags and boarding passes. You put your tags on luggage and set outside door last night of cruise and you don't touch it again until you arrive final destination. also , you have your boarding passes , so when you get to airport you go straight to security and your departure gate , no other check-in required. WE did it and worked perfect. Loved not having to deal with the luggage at the airport or check-in

Thanks, we did book Tracy Arm via e-mail, but I wondered how/when we get the tickets. We'll probably use luggage express and Carnival.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the great review, Rock712, and a belated happy 50th to your wife!

@cruises42, my family and I will be on the 7/29 cruise on the Miracle, as well. We also booked the Tracy Arm Explorer tour via e-mail. They say the tickets will be in our stateroom. We printed the e-mails and are bringing them with us just in case there is an issue.

Thanks for the great review, Rock712, and a belated happy 50th to your wife!

@cruises42, my family and I will be on the 7/29 cruise on the Miracle, as well. We also booked the Tracy Arm Explorer tour via e-mail. They say the tickets will be in our stateroom. We printed the e-mails and are bringing them with us just in case there is an issue.

I printed our e-mail too (just in case).

We printed the e-mail as well, but there was no problem. The excursion tickets were delivered to our cabin on the first sea day.:)

• 5 months later...