Captains Club brunch

Faircliff

Heading to Alaska in less than a month on Celebrity Century… A very last-minute decision. The last time we were on Century was in the Mediterranean and I remember being invited to a fantastic Captain's Club brunch one sea day. Are they still doing these?

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

The traditional "Sea Day Brunch" ended fleet wide the first eek of March this year.

I don't recall a special "captain's club" brunch on any of my recent sailings either.

Heading to Alaska in less than a month on Celebrity Century… A very last-minute decision. The last time we were on Century was in the Mediterranean and I remember being invited to a fantastic Captain's Club brunch one sea day. Are they still doing these?

They had a brunch usually on the last sea day, but that has been ended. Never recall a "Captain's Club" Brunch.

That the original poster may be referring to the Captain's Club Recognition Event that--while not a full brunch--did, in the past, feature a number of food stations along with drinks and entertainment...

The Captain's Club event--with recognition, drinks, entertainment, and passed canapes--continues to be held... But the food stations disappeared--to the best of my recall--about a year ago...

The Brunch that the OP is referring to may possibly be the "Captain's Club Celebration" held in the Sky Lounge. They had stations set up with various offerings- Sushi, one with carved meat, salads, breads, desserts, etc.. Also free wine and other beverages. The Captain and other top officers would greet everyone coming in. The last time we attended this event was last November.

The Brunch that the OP is referring to may possibly be the "Captain's Club Celebration" held in the Sky Lounge. They had stations set up with various offerings- Sushi, one with carved meat, salads, breads, desserts, etc.. Also free wine and other beverages. The Captain and other top officers would greet everyone coming in. The last time we attended this event was last November.

You describe it exactly, only you forgot the crepes suzette and the chocolate fountain! I was very sorry to see this go. It has been replaced with drinks and trays of hors d'oeuvres which never seem to come your way. Not worth going to.

• 1 month later...

Just to follow up, they did have a Captain's Club gathering on Century to Alaska August 3-10, 2014. It was in, I believe the Crystal room, and the captain and top officers were there. There was a receiving line, and afterwords the captain spoke, the cruise director spoke, and then the senior officers mingled. It was very nice. There were appetizers that were brought around and each person was allowed an alcoholic drink.... Or several. The string quartet played in the background and it was lovely. I do miss the larger celebration, however there is so much food on the ship one hardly needs a separate food event. I would be happier if they did away with this event and returned the yogurt parfait's to the Aqua Spa café for free... And the salmon entrée!

That the original poster may be referring to the Captain's Club Recognition Event that--while not a full brunch--did, in the past, feature a number of food stations along with drinks and entertainment...

The Captain's Club event--with recognition, drinks, entertainment, and passed canapes--continues to be held... But the food stations disappeared--to the best of my recall--about a year ago...

Hello Mike:)......I would not call that event even a small brunch;)

definitely not a "full one"...yes, they had stations and introductions

of special folks and such.....last cruise I was on had ALOT of longtime

cruisers....I don't even recall attending so I don't know what was

served. But it was never what I had considered any type of brunch.

Hope you are doing well.:)

You describe it exactly, only you forgot the crepes suzette and the chocolate fountain! I was very sorry to see this go. It has been replaced with drinks and trays of hors d'oeuvres which never seem to come your way. Not worth going to.

Yes I remember the Brunch with my favs , crepes Suzette and sushi lol. I think there was cheese, fruit and dessert as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes I remember the Brunch with my favs , crepes Suzette and sushi lol. I think there was cheese, fruit and dessert as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Don't forget the rounds of roast beef. It was so good.

They didn't have the Miso Salmon or the Arctic Char at Aqua Spa cafe on Century?

Not that we ever noticed... But they sure pushed the ( small) $5.50 smoothies and yogurt parfaits. I mean, why charge for some yogurt, a few berries and some granola, while people are taking platefuls of bacon and salmon in the buffet? And they only had two small containers of sad looking stewed fruit, where as I remember before they had quite a few more which were very interesting. One really picked up the vibe that they are trying to kill off the Aqua Spa Café, and certainly for us they have.