Which Cruiselines allow Aussies to book thru US agencies (and which don't ?)

Even when you have booked through that overseas TA, prior to Princess changing the rules?

My understanding is that they will let you book with an overseas TA in the above circumstance. I have a good friend who was able to.

My understanding is that they will let you book with an overseas TA in the above circumstance. I have a good friend who was able to.

Some of the overseas TAs have retained the benefits for past customers so that they can still book Princess, however, another friend has now been refused. This can be overcome by providing a US address, although that can bring its own list of issues.:D

When they introduced the rule, part of that was that it only applied to bookings for new customers.

That was my understanding. However, there seems to be mixed messages of late.

Fortunately, the cruises I've been researching lately, for me and friends, have not been Princess. So I'm not about to get any nasty last minute surprises.

I was wondering how any of you went about choosing a us ta?

You could start with any of those advertised on CC's weekly deals list. I have used each of the main three that always appear there and have had decent service from each.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

We bought a future cruise certificate when on the century doing a cruise of NZ. We used it for a Mediterranean cruise on the solstice. When I tried to book it through an aussie on line TA we had lots of problems that eventually got sorted out. A year later I tried to use a royal Caribbean future cruise certificate for another Mediterranean cruise on the legend of the seas. Tried the same on line TA who told me they were unable to give it to me at their advertised price if I was going to use the FCC. I ended up booking direct thru RC.

What do other cruisers do? I generally look for the best deal but if I am not able to use the FCC then it isn't such a great deal. Of course we do get the OBC which we use to go towards the tips.

We bought a future cruise certificate when on the century doing a cruise of NZ. We used it for a Mediterranean cruise on the solstice. When I tried to book it through an aussie on line TA we had lots of problems that eventually got sorted out. A year later I tried to use a royal Caribbean future cruise certificate for another Mediterranean cruise on the legend of the seas. Tried the same on line TA who told me they were unable to give it to me at their advertised price if I was going to use the FCC. I ended up booking direct thru RC.

What do other cruisers do? I generally look for the best deal but if I am not able to use the FCC then it isn't such a great deal. Of course we do get the OBC which we use to go towards the tips.

What you have to realise is that on board booking gets either attributed to the cruise line for all bookings or a ta you used on that cruise or you designate

To change who this goes through requires paperwork back and forth to cruise line

Takes time

Deal a ta can offer depends on what the cruise line is offering that regions residents

Each cruise line will offer on cruise by cruise better deals to certain regions to attract the business

Usually in aus we lose out

Good luck chasing best deal

It requires patience

Us ta does not always mean better desl

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You could start with any of those advertised on CC's weekly deals list. I have used each of the main three that always appear there and have had decent service from each.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Thanks. I will have a look. :)

I always use a well known US site (with a 90 day ticker) to check prices and then use these to screw down my local TA thru price matching. They can usually get pretty close and I prefer dealing with a local TA anyway.

I always use a well known US site (with a 90 day ticker) to check prices and then use these to screw down my local TA thru price matching. They can usually get pretty close and I prefer dealing with a local TA anyway.

We use the same U.S site and book through them that way we can get price drops and upgrades and on board credit etc.something Aussie T.As wont do especially price drops which we have had on three cruises so far at no extra charge,our most recent was a saving of just over $1000 on upcoming back to back cruises.

We use the same U.S site and book through them that way we can get price drops and upgrades and on board credit etc.something Aussie T.As wont do especially price drops which we have had on three cruises so far at no extra charge,our most recent was a saving of just over $1000 on upcoming back to back cruises.

I use ********** to go "fishing" and monitor price drops and have had no trouble getting these through my local TA on several occasions. You just have to put the pressure on them.

Edited by mildew1951

Here is an idea, it should make everyone satisfied and happy.

Why not just get rid of the borders and convert each country into USA.

That way everyone will get the same price, the same booking conditions, in fact the same way of life, the same wages, the same tipping policy, basically the lot. And then to make cruise prices even cheaper lets get the kids in Bolivia to run the call centers. Yes, they are even cheaper than the guys in Guatemala, they speak the same language and are in the same time zone. And since it is now legal to employ them from the age of 10 it will be all above law. And yes, how could I forget, let's of course get rid of the A$ - I mean there won't be any need for it, all prices will be in US$.

Wages too but that's not important here. What a perfect world it will be, service levels will be up, prices lower, what more would anyone possibly want.

Can't wait for the day when it starts.