Our FTTF review

elainmir

Not to say that sometimes things do not work out with FTTF but I think once Carnival works the kinks out it can be super beneficial to handicapped/disabled pax as well as moms with children ( as a mom I'd have loved this when the kids were little) I mean who wants to wait in a line at guest services or anywhere for that matter with a screaming toddler?

Everyone here is entitled to an opinion and mine is that FTTF is worth it for me. Hubby's back is bad and I've had three abdominal hernia surgeries. I'm not toting soda or water and carry on luggage around if I don't have to! ;)

As Jamman said, "it is all about choice".

For those who dont feel they need it or want, then obviously 50.00 for FTTF is a waste of money. For those who feel they need or want it, weigh the pros and cons (for them). For those of us who feel the need for it, we each have our individual reasons, and would not buy it if we felt it was a waste of money. So for those that dont want it, fine; dont buy it. For those who do....by all means, I think it is a great option.

Actually, I have just the opposite. I have cruised over 20 times, and always get on a ship by 11:30, just like the poster. In all cases, I have always had my luggage well before dinner and the muster drills. So I pay nothing, get the same service as the poster. The only benefit the poster stated was they were able to drop carry on in the room. I just don't see the value of paying Carnival for the honor of dropping off 1 small bag in the room.

All this will do, is give Carnival extra cash, for a service, that cost them nothing to achieve.

So I do it for free, and you do it for $50.00. I think I will buy my "free" ticket, and let others pay the silly fee to Carnival for an ill perceived benefit.

I have also cruised over 20 times and I always arrive early because we fly in the day before. I cannot remember a time that I was on any ship by 11:30. I do remember the times we sat there forever waiting for our "zone" to be called. Also when traveling with a child and all three of us are lugging a carryon, it is very inconvenient going to the buffet for lunch when you have 1,000+ ppl doing the same thing.

I do agree that everyone is entitled to an opinion, however, you don't have to be so negative to others that chose FTTF....

If it's isn't for you

I myself have purchased FTTF for our upcoming cruise in August

Sent from my KFTT using Forums mobile app

We did the Aruba, Curacao and Grand Turk itinerary and the ports were all beautiful. The ship was huge :D it's a pretty one as well....
Thank you for your review of FTTF. We are taking our first Carnival cruise on Liberty in May 2015 have purchased FTTF and are visiting the same ports as you did. Really looking forward to experiencing Carnival after 10 years solely on RCI and new ports for us.

As to whether $50 (or $25 per person for us - £15) is worth it, I'll let you know next year :D

However, from what I see from the description of FTTF, then the priority check in, early boarding, early access to cabin and luggage delivery has tempted me. Also if there is a priority line at guest services then that's a bonus.

Also the option for early disembarkation is appealing as we don't fly back to the UK until late in the day, so we can get a near full day in the Orlando area before we leave the US.

We're joining Carnival Liberty after disembarking from an RCI cruise where, due to our frequent cruiser level, we are used to having priority check in and priority boarding. So, if it works, I'd like to get into my cabin early and explore what is a new ship and cruise line to me asap.

• 2 months later...

Peteukmcr we did the Coastal/Country Tour in Curacao...we liked it...The boka's were amazing...google those ! Beautiful views

In Grand Turk we grabbed a tour for 25$ per person at the Taxi Stand and went all around the island to the lighthouse which is 5$ per person now...but well worth it to take photos off the cliff on the other side of the light house..the donkeys are everywhere here!

We didn't do a lot of Beachy things as we have a beach here at home..I hope some of these help you! :)

Not to burst YOUR bubble but unless you have tried it you really shouldn't comment.

Last year I would have payed hundreds of dollars to be able to get into my room sooner for a nap!!! My husband and I go stuck on a terrible flight that was really early in the morning and all the airline employees on the flight gathered by our seat in the back to stand and talk for 3 solid hrs!!! We tried letting them know they were crowding us and were very loud, but they didn't care. We were counting on napping on the plane, but that didn't happen. So this year we are flying SW were the attendants are not rude and have FTTF !! So I can relax sooner after a long day of traveling.

I THINK ITS PRICELESS

Peteukmcr we did the Coastal/Country Tour in Curacao...we liked it...The boka's were amazing...google those ! Beautiful views

In Grand Turk we grabbed a tour for 25$ per person at the Taxi Stand and went all around the island to the lighthouse which is 5$ per person now...but well worth it to take photos off the cliff on the other side of the light house..the donkeys are everywhere here!

We didn't do a lot of Beachy things as we have a beach here at home..I hope some of these help you! :)

Thanks for the suggestions. We're waiting for Carnival to rebook FFTF as they have cancelled our previous booking due to a change in ship as our Liberty sailing has been replaced by Valor.

Thanks for the suggestions. We're waiting for Carnival to rebook FFTF as they have cancelled our previous booking due to a change in ship as our Liberty sailing has been replaced by Valor.

We are in the same situation but opposite ship. I went ahead and rebooked it myself as I was afraid it would sell out before carnival switched it. I called carnival and they said if for some reason I ended up with it twice, to call and they will fix it. Just an fyi

Kathy

Mom of four (girls 16 & 13) (boys 13 & 11)

Central Indiana

Carnival Conquest (11/13) Repositioning

Carnival Liberty (4/13) Eastern

Carnival Destiny (6/04) Southern

After having attained Platinum and only two days away from Diamond, it really irks me that a benefit I had to earn over a period of years can now be bought for $50.00. Trying to get to guest services or priority tendering now requires us to wait for those who just bought the privilege we EARNED!

Carnival needs to take a hard look at what they call bennies!

We took our kids last April and did not have FTTF. We waited in line for about 45 minutes in Miami and then about another 30 to board. They are older so it wasn't a big deal and since there was 6 of us, we had plenty of people to watch our stuff.

Hubby and I went alone in November and got FTTF in San Juan. We got to checkin with priority line thus waiting about 5-10 minutes is all. They had issues with something (customs, inspection, something) so they were not boarding yet but we talk to security and he told us where to go to bypass line if we wanted to explore until ship was boarding. We did and were led to the front of security line.

For me, my husband isn't the most patient so it was nice not having to wait in those lines. I have MS so the less I have to stand and/or carry the better. I have a nice camera, an iPad, as well as medications that I carry-on and after a while that gets heavy. Since I play by the rules and wait til the time on the door to go to my cabin, being able to go straight there and drop our stuff is worth it, the rest are just bonuses for me.

I have gotten FTTF for our cruise next April with the kids. They carry a ton of stuff in their carryon, including a throw blanket each so I know they will appreciate dropping it as soon as we board

Kathy

Mom of four (girls 16 & 13) (boys 13 & 11)

Central Indiana

Carnival Conquest (11/13) Repositioning

Carnival Liberty (4/13) Eastern

Carnival Destiny (6/04) Southern

After having attained Platinum and only two days away from Diamond, it really irks me that a benefit I had to earn over a period of years can now be bought for $50.00. Trying to get to guest services or priority tendering now requires us to wait for those who just bought the privilege we EARNED!

Carnival needs to take a hard look at what they call bennies!

You "earned" those benefits by "paying" for them when you bought your cruise. Did it irk you when I had to pay for my laundry and you got it for being Platinum? Do all thirty cabins get in line at Guest Services or for a tender at the same time you do? Does it irk you that you can now get in to your cabin as soon as you board because of FTTF?

It irked me when we had five - seven day Carnival cruises that only put us half way to Platinum yet you may have taken ten - three day cruises that made you Platinum. I got over it. It's a business decision that they made and we have to live with them. Like them or not.

All this will do, is give Carnival extra cash, for a service, that cost them nothing to achieve.

So I do it for free, and you do it for $50.00. I think I will buy my "free" ticket, and let others pay the silly fee to Carnival for an ill perceived benefit.

I tried to pay $250.00 for my ill perceived benefit, but Carnival would only charge me $50.00. Silly Carnival... So many crazy people like me has FTTF sold out all the time. Maybe they should raise the price and abuse me further. :p

We just got off the Liberty a week ago. It was our second cruise with it. We got FTTF for our upcoming cruise as well. We didn't have any line at all at PC and were onboard and in our cabins within 10 minutes of us arriving at port, which was 10:45 am. When we got back to PC, we waited for approx 10 minutes and were off the ship by 7:45 am. It was great and we love it.

We always cruised with my sister (in the same cabin). She's platinum, so we got to ride her coattails. On our recent cruise (Splendor NYC - Canada 9/1 - 9/6) we decided since we were spoiled we'd get the FTTF. We LOVED it.

We got to the Manhattan Cruise terminal a little earlier than I'd intended. I planned to get there between 10:30am & 11:00am. But it was Labor Day so there was no traffic. We arrived about 10:15 - people were still streaming off. We found a place to wait out of the way (they will chase you if you're anywhere near the lines coming off). About 10:40 we saw some people go into the boarding set up (it's like a cattle chute or the lines at the bank), so we went over there. The rep at the start said, "Priority only." I said, "We have FTTF." "Oh," she said, "come on through!" We got up to the scanners and the Platinum and Diamond people had a separate line that went to their lounge.

Once through the scanners, I showed our paperwork, and again we were directed to a special FTTF desk. Had our S&S cards in about 2-3 minutes.

They gave us a priority boarding card and told us to sit up by the door that lead to the photo area. I think we sat maybe 20 minutes and they called for Platinum and Diamond boarding, as the end of their line passed. The guy in our section told us to follow right behind.

Through the photo section and up on to the ship. We headed for our room - elevators weren't even crowded at all. The doors were marked with a sign that said the rooms would be ready by 1:30pm, but Diamond, Platinum and FTTF - come on in - YOUR rooms are ready.

Ours was - we dropped all our stuff and headed down to the Shore Excursion desk to book the Behind the Fun Tour. They were just opening, so we did that and we booked a tour in Halifax as well.

After that I headed for the Mongolian Wok where there were only 2 people ahead of me. I got my food - met my husband at the Liner bar, we got drinks and it was barely noon!

I LOVE FTTF - anytime I'm not sailing with my sister, I'm going for it!

Oh and I loved the short line at guest services. I only had a quick question, but the regular line was down the hall!

I just don't see the value of paying Carnival for the honor of dropping off 1 small bag in the room.

Well, that's great if you only have one small bag. We each had a rolling suitcase, a tote, a camera bag and I had a wine carrier and a laptop computer! It was wonderful not to have to drag that around the ship - trying to find a place to sit with it so you're not in anyone's way. Or to have one person sit with it while the other goes to get food or drinks. $50 was well worth being unencumbered. Everyone's different - that's why there are different options. I'm not a "travel light" person - I like to have my stuff. I don't tell anyone that they have to travel with all the stuff I take. Maybe if I was a "1 small bag" person, I wouldn't bother either. I was quite happy to walk around with my S&S card on a lanyard and nothing but a drink in my hand! ;)

Oh - and I don't understand why some people seem to think that everyone else's needs, wants or method of traveling should match theirs. It's not like Carnival is forcing anyone to buy FTTF - it's an option - if you want/need it, it's there. If you don't - pass on by. I imagine it's great if you have young children, or if you are less able, physically. I don't know why so many people seem to feel that if they don't need it, Carnival shouldn't offer it.

Edited by Cyber Kat
I forgot something I wanted to say

One other aspect I don't think many think about is the fact if Carnival is not making a profit by extras (whether it be alcohol, excursions, gambling, pictures, and FTTF included) that the price of the cruises will be higher. So those of us who find it worth the $50 for FTTF are helping keep prices lower, just like any other way extra money is spent on a cruise. Besides, I am sure many that won't pay for FTTF are spending money on the other 'extras'....it's all what is worth it to you