Star Level on Room Keys

SilvertoGold

I'm sorry, I read your response as meaning that she should not have gotten the higher discount and that was the issue.

I've never had the crew confused by my lower-star traveling companions, but that doesn't mean it won't happen. My husband is a 1-Star Mariner while I'm a 4-Star. Thanks for your experience. I'll have to make sure he's aware there may be an issue. He hasn't cruised since they instituted the Star program, though I have.

So, you're the star of the family then? ;)

The missing stars issue was pointed out to me by Ron, CC member from Seattle, and 4-Star Mariner with whom I sat at the Mariner's Lunch.

I then looked at my room card and 4-Stars was also missing. When I asked at the Front Desk, they had no clue.

I will ask about the issue as we begin tendering tomorrow in Sitka.

As we all know, Holland America is trying to appeal to a broader demographic. Toward that end, they've tweaked the program a bit, introducing color Mariner logos. The printers required for the new Mariner logos are a little more complicated because they're not simply printing in black. Until the color printers get out of testing, I would imagine that there might be the occasional card printed without the full Mariner level on it. Apparently, the magnetic strip will tell HAL employees your Mariner level.

Even though the level names change, the benefits remain magically delicious.

mariner-new.jpg

Charms? Now that's taking the HAL/Microsoft relationship a bit too seriously....

Charms? Now that's taking the HAL/Microsoft relationship a bit too seriously....

I have to give you credit. Windows 8 jokes are a rare and special thing. :)

Edited by POA1

As we all know, Holland America is trying to appeal to a broader demographic. Toward that end, they've tweaked the program a bit, introducing color Mariner logos. The printers required for the new Mariner logos are a little more complicated because they're not simply printing in black. Until the color printers get out of testing, I would imagine that there might be the occasional card printed without the full Mariner level on it. Apparently, the magnetic strip will tell HAL employees your Mariner level.

Even though the level names change, the benefits remain magically delicious.

mariner-new.jpg

Love it!!

Maybe it is just as simple as the fact that they ran out of cards with four stars printed on them and had to resort to using old stock. Just a thought.

Edited by sapper1

I think they print the stars on your card along with your name. I don't think the cards have stars on them prior to that.

In that case I guess we're back to the drawing board. :D

That is true, but priority tendering is the only reward that requires the symbol on the card, isn't it?

Do not worry. On a recent HAL cruise no one checked the number of Stars on your card and anyone in line to board the tender without a ticket was alllowed to board the tender.

I think they print the stars on your card along with your name. I don't think the cards have stars on them prior to that.

You are correct, the cards are printed with the stars along with your name, mariner #, cruise dates, etc., at the same time.

We had stars on our cards on our recent Eurodam cruise.

We too noticed that the star level was printed on the key card on our most recent cruise. I had no idea that it was all that important. You will probably find this hard to believe, but we often go for days at a time, actually months at a time, without anyone noticing our star level.

I like to wear our custom-made neon green shirts with our star level on the front and back, just to be safe.

I mean, we're three stars - those lowly 1 star losers need to get out of our way at the Lido after all.

I like to wear our custom-made neon green shirts with our star level on the front and back, just to be safe.

I mean, we're three stars - those lowly 1 star losers need to get out of our way at the Lido after all.

Too funny :). And I guess you also wear those tinny Medallions around your neck :) and have your pins stuck all over that neon shirt. Perhaps you could also print your number of cruise days on those shirts and use some glitter for highlights.

Hank

P.S. What is sad about this post is it probably gives a few some new ideas

Too funny :). And I guess you also wear those tinny Medallions around your neck :) and have your pins stuck all over that neon shirt. Perhaps you could also print your number of cruise days on those shirts and use some glitter for highlights.

Hank

And if it does, where's the harm?

If it makes them happy, they aren't hurting anyone (presumably) and if it makes them feel good, so be it.

Makes me think of Steve Martin in The Jerk screaming "I'm Somebody...... I'm in the phone book". It made him happy and gave the rest of us a laugh.

Not everyone is quite as sophisticated, suave and above it all as some others believe themselves to be.

And others know how to laugh at themselves and let loose and have fun. :D We all have fun our own way.

Edited by sail7seas

Too funny :).

=====Snip!=====

Hank

Sad? Nay, says I. Joyous is more like it!

How about embroidering the Star/Charm level onto the robes you get in your stateroom? I'm not talking tasteful embroidery on the left breast. I'm talking "Apollo Creed versus Rocky Balboa" styling.

draft_lens19740018module161403674photo_1346367804A---a-_.jpg

If you're in a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite, your robe is red, gold & blue. Everyone else gets red, white and blue. It'll be great to wear to breakfast (with slippers, naturally!) in the Lido or Neptune Lounge. (The MDR, by virtue of its formality, requires that gentlemen wear the top hat.)

Edited by POA1

Sad? Nay, says I. Joyous is more like it!

How about embroidering the Star/Charm level onto the robes you get in your stateroom? I'm not talking tasteful embroidery on the left breast. I'm talking "Apollo Creed versus Rocky Balboa" styling.

draft_lens19740018module161403674photo_1346367804A---a-_.jpg

If you're in a Neptune or Pinnacle Suite, your robe is red, gold & blue. Everyone else gets red, white and blue. It'll be great to wear to breakfast (with slippers, naturally!) in the Lido or Neptune Lounge. (The MDR, by virtue of its formality, requires that gentlemen wear the top hat.)

And remembering the great table flag debate/debacle, God help them if the robes aren't available emblazoned with the flags of every possible country so one can choose. :D

Hank

All great ideas. Maybe somehow we can incorporate our star levels into lifeboats too. Us three star Mariners are worth more to HAL than a newbie so we should be given higher lifeboat priority.

:)

And remembering the great table flag debate/debacle, God help them if the robes aren't available emblazoned with the flags of every possible country so one can choose. :D

It really only works for countries with stars, at least until the new Magically Delicious program starts. Fortunately, that's a pretty big list. I suppose that Canadians could get multiple maple leaves.

I can see robe storage becoming a problem....

Countries with stars on their flags:

Aruba, Australia, Australia, Azerbaijan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Burma, Burundi, Cameroon, Chile, Cook Islands (Associated state of New Zealand), European Union, Federated States of Micronesia, Ghana, Honduras, Israel, Jordan, Kosovo, Kurdistan, Liberia, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Morocco, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, New Zealand, Niue (Overseas territory of New Zealand), North Korea, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, People's Republic of China, Puerto Rico (US overseas commonwealth), Samoa, Samoa, Senegal, Singapore, Somalia, Somalia, Somaliland, South Sudan, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste (East Timor), Tokelau, Tokelau (Overseas territory of New Zealand), United States and Vietnam.

All great ideas. Maybe somehow we can incorporate our star levels into lifeboats too. Us three star Mariners are worth more to HAL than a newbie so we should be given higher lifeboat priority.

:)

Good point. I bet that the four and five star people will get "priority life saving" though.

:D LOL.... You are feeding the beast. He is well on his way to totally out of control!@!@! :D

Let's not even think of HAL forgetting to do something special for an important day in American history. If they don't dress up crew as 18th century privileged white men and have a ceremony to commemorate the signing of the constitution I'll be PO'd!