Star Level on Room Keys

SilvertoGold

And if it does, where's the harm?

If it makes them happy, they aren't hurting anyone (presumably) and if it makes them feel good, so be it.

Makes me think of Steve Martin in The Jerk screaming "I'm Somebody...... I'm in the phone book". It made him happy and gave the rest of us a laugh.

Not everyone is quite as sophisticated, suave and above it all as some others believe themselves to be.

And others know how to laugh at themselves and let loose and have fun. :D We all have fun our own way.

Super response, Sail!! Thank you!

You have actually looked at the key cards people wear around their neck and seen the number of stars? :eek: I envy you the excellent eyesight. :D I can honestly say I have never seen anyone pass by someone wearing their lanyard and paid a bit of attention to looking at it.

Me neither!

Dang ... we're 2 days short of our second star on our card ... :( :)

I don't actually care too much ... 5 stars is wayyyy far away. We're sailing for love of HAL and the ship but it did sound dramatic :D:D:D

Dang ... we're 2 days short of our second star on our card ... :( :)

I don't actually care too much ... 5 stars is wayyyy far away. We're sailing for love of HAL and the ship but it did sound dramatic ::D:D

Ha! Ha! We should be at 5* by the time we go on Oceania. :eek:

Had to replace that Ryndam farewell cruise that got changed.

I think everyone gets treated the same basically. Hope so, because on Oceania we will be low on the totem pole:p

No matter what level we've been on sailing Cunard, HAL, RCCL or CCL we've always been treated well by pretty much every staff member we've come in contact with.

The one vanity I found I have is that I get tickled by a staff member saying "Welcome Back" on the first day or 2. :D

Ok, this tale is true (I swear on my lanyard) and happened on a Celebrity cruise (sorry HAL fans). We were on a Med cruise and sat with a few couples every evening at the daily cocktail party. There was one lady (from Florida of course) who made it a point to explain to all the other ladies how to dress in Europe so nobody would know you are a tourist. This was a big issue for this lady as she did not want anyone to know she was a tourist (all she had to do was open her mouth with her Florida/New York accent and they would know). So a few days later DW and I are sitting at a café in the Piazza Navona (Rome) enjoying lunch when this same lady happened to walk buy with her DH. Sure enough, she was dressed like an Italian lady with her lanyard and cruise card hanging in clear view.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

No matter what level we've been on sailing Cunard, HAL, RCCL or CCL we've always been treated well by pretty much every staff member we've come in contact with.

The one vanity I found I have is that I get tickled by a staff member saying "Welcome Back" on the first day or 2. :D

Exactly! I've cruised on Celebrity, Princess and HAL in the last several years. I have different levels of loyalty on each. No difference in treatment.

Edited by cruz chic

The last time we sailed on Celebrity, the first time we went to a lounge, we waited and waited to get a drink. When we were finally served, the bartender saw different color to our card and was all apologetic and told us to always let him see our card and he would wait on us promptly. Huh? DH and I simply took our drinks and went on our way.

Next night when we returned, he recognized us and served us before serving others who had been there before us. That made us very uncomfortable and we didn't like it.

My point is there are some times on some ships when some servers will treat people with particular 'color cards' a little more promptly than some others.

Not for that reason only, but that was our last cruise on Celebrity. There were a number of things that turned us away from "X" and we never returned.

Edited by sail7seas

My goodness, just imagine all those cruisers that love to wear their cruise cards around their neck (with the stars facing out) so they can say "Look at me, I have more stars then you." Take those Stars off the card and these folks would probably draw them back on with a magic marker :)

Hank

Now that's funny. They needed that on RCCL and it would have saved some people the trouble of bragging about their Diamond or Diamond Plus status. I never noticed the star level on my HAL cards but sure will look next cruise. It was on our NCL card but I don't think it made any difference in service but may have verified identity claiming some benefits.

DCL gives passengers different colored lanyards as they climb the repeat "status" ladder. We find that more than a tad pretentious and don't use ours. Maybe we should use our DCL lanyards when we sail on HAL?

The stars on our HAL cards are at least discrete. I can't imagine staring at another passengers chest hard enough to see how many tiny stars there on the card hanging from a lanyard. :eek:

The last time we sailed on Celebrity, the first time we went to a lounge, we waited and waited to get a drink. When we were finally served, the bartender saw different color to our card and was all apologetic and told us to always let him see our card and he would wait on us promptly. Huh? DH and I simply took our drinks and went on our way.

Next night when we returned, he recognized us and served us before serving others who had been there before us. That made us very uncomfortable and we didn't like it.

My point is there are some times on some ships when some servers will treat people with particular 'color cards' a little more promptly than some others.

Not for that reason only, but that was our last cruise on Celebrity. There were a number of things that turned us away from "X" and we never returned.

I feel the same about Celebrity. I'm always amazed when people love it so much.

Good point. I bet that the four and five star people will get "priority life saving" though.

Well, let's hope so! :rolleyes:

I do expect that my gold medallion should trump a mere 5*, too. Should I drape the medallion around my neck before , or after, donning my life jacket???

HAL needs to add these directions to the muster drill instructions.

I do expect that my gold medallion should trump a mere 5*, too. Should I drape the medallion around my neck before , or after, donning my life jacket???

Now that is hilarious! Guess us mere 2 stars should carry you to the lifeboat. Of course, since we're all geriatric, that might be a challenge.

Gold definitely should trump 5 stars! Anyways the gold pin is a lot nicer looking than the 5 star pin. Do you know, we've been know to wear the gold pin instead.

I'd say your gold medallion needs to be very visible so put it on after the lifejacket. But you're right, HAL should publish some directions!!!

I can't imagine staring at another passengers chest hard enough to see how many tiny stars there on the card hanging from a lanyard. :eek:

Depends on the passenger!

Edited by DaveOKC

LOL. No need for HAL to add those instructions as we are sure there are some that would never abandon ship without their beloved Medallions and Pins.

Hank

LOL. No need for HAL to add those instructions as we are sure there are some that would never abandon ship without their beloved Medallions and Pins.

Hank

I am just wondering after reading your posts on several threads: how come you have to be so "contrary", to put it politely?

You cruise a lot in style and seem to enjoy it. Life appears to be treating you pretty well. Life seems too short to wander around the boards with a chip on your shoulder.

None of my business and come to think of it, you do provide a bit of entertainment!

Now that is hilarious! Guess us mere 2 stars should carry you to the lifeboat. Of course, since we're all geriatric, that might be a challenge.

Love the comment about being geriatric. Some of the threads on here are just too much :D.