Hotel to Civitavecchia Shared Transfer

#4'smom

Hello,

I am looking for the names of/or advise on a good and reliable shared transfer company in Rome to take us from hotel in Campo di Fiori to Civitavecchia port.

Thanks in Advance

If you read down the board, you will see MANY recommendations for very solid and reputable companies, like the excellent Rome in Limo, which we have used 7 times. Their thread has thousands of positive comments. I don't think they do shared transfers, but if you check their website, they have a sharing area, which may allow for transfers.

Also, you can try to arrange a shared transfer on your roll call.

Edited by CruiserBruce

I had looked at Rome in Limo and Rome Cabs but didn't think to post sharing on the Roll Call. I will do so.

I will also look at Bob's Limo shared transportation. Thank you

I have used Roma Shuttle, which is a shared shuttle service, several times with good results. Prompt, no problems, better pricing than most of the private agencies (unless you have a large group, in which case it starts to equal out).

I had looked at Rome in Limo and Rome Cabs but didn't think to post sharing on the Roll Call. I will do so.

I will also look at Bob's Limo shared transportation. Thank you

We used Bobs Limos on 28-Jun.

Booked a Mercedes. A VW van turned up.

Driver shrugged and said it was still German. He was surprised when I substituted a lower payment instead of the agreed price. It was still Euros....

I wrote a complaint. No reply.

Just the facts. Draw your own conclusion.

Edited by helpthejuggler

As suspected, you have gotten many recommendations. I would do as CruserBruce recommended and that is to read some of the reviews on this board to get additional details on the ones that have been mentioned. Also, take those names and read reviews on http://www.trip advisor.com which is the sister site of Cruise Critic.

We use http://www.romecabs.com and think they are great but again read review.

As CruiserBruce said if you want to try to share the vehicle ask on the roll call.

Keith

• 1 month later...
I have used Roma Shuttle, which is a shared shuttle service, several times with good results. Prompt, no problems, better pricing than most of the private agencies (unless you have a large group, in which case it starts to equal out).

This looks like a good option for those of us traveliing solo. Can I expect to leave the airport fairly quickly or does it take time for the van to fill? I am guessing with the amount of flights arriving in the morning that the wait wouldn't be long :)