No smoking on Carnival so switched to NCL

karen&roy

Had a Christmas cruise booked on Carnival but canceled as their no smoking on balconies came out yesterday. I enjoy my morning cigarette with coffee on my PRIVATE balcony so hink I am going to book on the Getaway for Christmas.

Goodbye Carnival!! :p

I'm an ex-smoker but my husband is a smoker. We will also be switching to NCL. Actually I have always wanted to try NCL but I just didn't want to lose the perks (although minor) of being a repeat cruiser on Carnival. But now, unless NCL brings out a no smoking on the balcony policy, we'll soon be NCL Latitude members :) If NCL institutes no smoking on balconies then I guess we will go back to AI vacations only.

Had a Christmas cruise booked on Carnival but canceled as their no smoking on balconies came out yesterday. I enjoy my morning cigarette with coffee on my PRIVATE balcony so hink I am going to book on the Getaway for Christmas.

Is every....single.....person.....who books with NCL due to smoking policy on Carnival going to start a new thread about it? Won't one suffice? I think there is already a couple about the new policy change. I foresee many, many new smoking threads in the coming weeks.:(

I dont blame you....I have heard great reviews about the Getaway :)

Guess I will cx my NCL cruise and go back to carnival, so I don't have to smell your smoke on my PRIVATE balcony. Thanks for the heads up !!

I loved this reply. I have only had three balconies and I would have enjoyed them more if that "PRIVATE" balcony would keep the smoke over there instead of on my balcony and into my room. Our solution, especially since we cruise a lot, is to book cheap cheap, interiors mostly. No smoke there. Love NCL and CCL.

Like you, I have cancelled two upcoming cruises on Carnival. Switching to NCL and HAL until they implement similar policies. Then it's back to land-based vacations.

Carnival is allowing cancellations with full refunds no matter what the published cancellation policy is.

Thank you, I have been enjoying looking at all the things Norwegian has to offer. We are planning an alaskan cruise for next summer, can't wait. The planning and research is half the fun.

I know I love the planning.......I just got off the Breakaway last month, I'm already planning a cruise for December. I hope we can do Alaska in the near future:)

Could everyone coming over from Carnival, due to the new Smoking Policy, please state the particulars of new NCL cruise, Ship & Date, would be great? I'd like to be able to avoid them if there's multiple cabins on the same sailing? Of course your cabin number would be great too. :eek:

Thanks. :p

The " suite life" on NCL may involve a little sticker shock for the Carnival cruisers jumping ship.

While your balcony will be smaller on the new ships, your bill will be larger !

But you will wonder why you did not switch many, many years ago.......

Ann

Could everyone coming over from Carnival, due to the new Smoking Policy, please state the particulars of new NCL cruise, Ship & Date, would be great? I'd like to be able to avoid them if there's multiple cabins on the same sailing? Of course your cabin number would be great too. :eek:

Thanks. :p

I'd be careful for what you ask? Could be.....just could be.....that all the smokers give you their ship, date, and cabin number instead of the non smokers. Of course, you wouldn't know this until your cabin was in the middle of them. LOL

Harriet

Nothing is private .. Cameras see everything

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We too are considering switching after many Carnival cruises. Not just the smoking, but the decline in our cruise service/food/shows combined. Please assure me I am making the right decision to switch to Norwegian.

I love NCL. I've only been on one Carnival cruise. We went with friends who always sail on Carnival. They have recently said that they are going to try NCL because of the decline in food, service, etc - exactly what you said above!

My fiance has smoked on our balcony, BUT! If he knows there are people sitting on their balcony, he will not light up! There is a difference from someone smoking one or two a day..then someone sitting and lighting up non-stop! I'm not a smoker, and I'm sick and tired of people complaining over and over again about passengers smoking...lets complain about rude people in the shops, rude people by the pool, rude people cutting in line, people complaining about everything while on-board...give me a break, you're on vacation...stop worrying about everyone around you...and have a good time!!

Edited by OhioGirl

My fiance always smoke on our balcony, BUT! If he knows there are people sitting on their balcony, he will not light up! There is a difference from someone smoking one or two a day..then someone sitting and lighting up non-stop! I'm not a smoker, and I'm sick and tired of people complaining over and over again about passengers smoking...lets complain about rude people in the shops, rude people by the pool, rude people cutting in line, people complaining about everything while on-board...give me a break, you're on vacation...stop worrying about everyone around you...and have a good time!!

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I am not a smoker and have only occasionally been bothered by a smoker on a nearby balcony, but on the times I have been, it's been a real problem. A non smoker is just not going to be able to enjoy his/her balcony if someone's smoke is blowing in his face. This is a whole different problem than being annoyed by a rude person in the shop or the other things on your list. Unfortunately, I won't be able to relax and have a good time if I'm bothered by secondhand smoke! If more smokers flock to NCL, more non smokers will leave. I guess the bottom line will be the deciding factor for NCL.

Edited by cynbar

As of this moment, NCL stock is up, CCL and RCL are down. And a large number of cruisers over at the Carnival side have said they have cancelled and booked with NCL.

I would just say to those who want to be able to smoke on their balconies we may want to start a letter writing campaign to NCL encouraging them to not change their policy. There has been rumor that they too are considering changing their smoking policy and since they are currently the only game in town, a preemptive strike might be in order. I mean that is how the non-smokers got their way over at CCL.