Which Baltimore Sailing to Choose??

deansara

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and new to sailing. I am trying to plan a cruise out of Baltimore either to the Bahamas or Bermuda. As I am last minute, it is looking like Bermuda may already be full. This will be for myself, my husband and our kids that are 15 and 12. Which destination would you recommend and would you recommend either RC Grandeur or Carnival Pride? What is the best site to get good last minute reservations for within 2-3 weeks. I appreciate any advice that you can give! Thanks!!

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and new to sailing. I am trying to plan a cruise out of Baltimore either to the Bahamas or Bermuda. As I am last minute, it is looking like Bermuda may already be full. This will be for myself, my husband and our kids that are 15 and 12. Which destination would you recommend and would you recommend either RC Grandeur or Carnival Pride? What is the best site to get good last minute reservations for within 2-3 weeks. I appreciate any advice that you can give! Thanks!!

Bermuda will sell out because it is not offered all the time. Only a selected few sailings.

Bahamas-- that is all they go to from Baltimore

If interested I would grab what you see. because it will not be there much longer

and now you have to take what cabins are left-- be careful of whats above you or below you

carnival pride is fabulous for the noise insulation around the cabin areas

I have been on Grandeur to Bermuda - great ship and wonderful island. I would recommend both. That being said, I have heard great things about Pride, so think you would be fine with either ship. In terms of Bahamas, Grandeur does Port Canaveral, Nassau, and Coco Cay (I think), and Pride does Port Canaveral, Nassau, and Freeport - between these two, I would go with Grandeur because Coco Cay is much nicer than Freeport. Pride also does an itinerary with Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk, which sounds like a better itinerary.

The other point is costs - Pride is likely to be less expensive, which may free up money for excursions - with the ages of your kids, a day pass at Atlantis might be nice. In PC, you get grab bus to Disney or Universal for the day. Both of these are pricy, so saving money on cruise will help pay for these.

Good luck and hope you enjoy your cruise, whichever you pick.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Bermuda will sell out because it is not offered all the time. Only a selected few sailings.

Bahamas-- that is all they go to from Baltimore

If interested I would grab what you see. because it will not be there much longer

and now you have to take what cabins are left-- be careful of whats above you or below you

carnival pride is fabulous for the noise insulation around the cabin areas

Your post clearly is referring to Carnival Pride only.

Sailing from Baltimore on Grandeur, RCI alternates between Bermuda and the Bahamas each week all during the Bermuda (spring to fall) season with numerous sailings to each and does Bahamas and Caribbean itineraries in the winter.

There is often short notice availability (limited stateroom selection perhaps) on both itineraries. Grandeur's staterooms are also well sound insulated as well in any stateroom location.

Have you been to any of those destinations before? Freeport? Nassau? Grand Turks? If the answer is no, I would choose Bahamas first, as I've always seen that as a "beginner's" cruise. Its very indicative of all ports you may visit in other cruises, but nothing really stands out for them.

Also, Bermuda is like a super port. On a 7 nighter, you get 2 1/2 days there, instead of 3 different ports with the Bahamas cruise. I don't really count Port Canaveral as a port. Nothing spectacular about that really.

I've heard sailing to Bermuda can be a little rough in general, but i'm not sure if its the Atlantic that's like that, or going across it to Bermuda that is generally rougher.