JUST BOOKED, Question....

ronrick1943

First we like and enjoy Oceania, but to change things up a bit we just booked a Royal Suite for us, and 2 Silver Suites for are friends on SilverSeas. We know their is one formal night but we're OK with that-we'll just have dinner/party in the suite that night. I'm sure we'll enjoy the line------what do you think? We've been on Oceania 7 times (in a suite) but just want to have a change until we're back on "O" again.

Rick

Which ship are you on?

You will enjoy it as the service is truly special, especially so on the smaller ships.

The food is not as good as on O - IMO. You should know that the ship is much more formal than O. On the formal nights the dress code applies throughout the entire ship, not just the dining room - thus you must spend your night in the suite, unless you dress to the code.

Our last three cruises have been on Silversea, but our next cruise will be on Oceania, since we wanted to try something different also. We have always had Verandah's on SS, and are will be on a PH on Oceania, as they seem to be similar in size. SS does have formal, and semi formal nights along with casual evenings; however the dress code is for the main dining room only, not for the alternate more casual dining venues.

I like to dress up, so the formal/semi formal requirements were not an issue for myself or my husband, as he either wore a suit or his tux from out kids' weddings. The ships we were on (Silver Cloud and Silver Wind) were both very small, so we got to know a lot of very nice people and the staff got to know us very quickly. The service was great; we had no complaints about the food and they were wonderful with special requests. The piano bar was our favorite spot, and the entertainer there always played my husband's favorite songs and the bartenders knew our favorite drinks, so we felt quite at home.

The larger entertainment attempts were not our cup of tea, but not everyone likes everything! We did some of their excursions and some of our own and some with others. Theirs were good some times, and some not so good. But overall SS is a class act and we would not hesitate to return if the timing and itinerary matched where and when we wanted to travel.

I think you will enjoy your cruise on SS. The staff are great, the food was great, and the passengers, although mostly 'mature' (we felt pretty young!), were very nice as well.

We are looking forward to our first cruise on Oceania (Insignia TA in October). I know that there will be differences, from the ship size to amenities, but I know we will have a wonderful experience.

Thanks for the information, looks like we'll enjoy the cruise. I know you'll enjoy "O", we always do--however we're wanting a change-if you cruise the same line I know you get more perks-but it's the same thing time after time, we need a new WOW factor. Thanks again,

Rick

you will like Silversea. We did not like the MDR, but did like the Italian place (forgot the name). There were wonderful people, but no wow factor. Then they had some bad press. I will stick with O. It is a personal choice.

Thanks for the information, looks like we'll enjoy the cruise. I know you'll enjoy "O", we always do--however we're wanting a change-if you cruise the same line I know you get more perks-but it's the same thing time after time, we need a new WOW factor. Thanks again,

Rick

What sort of "WOW factor" are you looking for in Silversea?

Edited by Silver Sweethearts

Service, the ship---maybe just a different feel. I like "O" and will be cruising again on them soon---however just looking for something new for us. I would think the standard on Sliver Seas is high--maybe a little dress up is in order. I like casual, but not to casual.

Rick

Service, the ship---maybe just a different feel. I like "O" and will be cruising again on them soon---however just looking for something new for us. I would think the standard on Sliver Seas is high--maybe a little dress up is in order. I like casual, but not to casual.

Rick

The "feel" is different on each type of Silversea ship. Which ship will you be trying out?

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to remind everyone to take a few moments to review our Guidelines : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=guidelines , and in particular, the following item. Thanks very much !

Spelling & Grammar Errors

It is important to remember that everyone makes mistakes at one time or another, and that there are many users who use English as a second language, especially on our Cruise Boards. There are also a number of people who suffer from learning disabilities and who have difficulty noticing their spelling mistakes. Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies.

Sounds like you are asking the wrong people. I really would not compare the two lines. I am sure you will have fun

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

No I don't think so, got some good feed back. I was thinking people that know "O" may have gone on SilverSeas and I really wanted to hear from "O" cruisers not SliverSea cruisers.

But that's the reason I posted here.

Thanks,

Rick