What would YOU rather...free upgrade or OBC???

I'm interested to see the different opinions here. I sail in 29 days and was given the choice between a free upgrade to a Spa Balcony, or a nice chunk of OBC ($452 to be exact). I was already very happy with my Cove, so I took the money.;)

I'm just wondering what others would do. I thought about it, and the only upgrade I would have taken over $450 OBC would have to have been in

the very high suite catagory, otherwise, I like to spend money, so.....

I've actually heard some folks here say they don't like OBC because they are just "spending their own money" (as opposed to getting an actual refund I guess??). Exactly, my money. I'd much rather spend it myself than let CCL keep it!!

WWYD???:D

I think it really depends. If the price drop meant a certain cabin category that I was interested in but was previously too expensive had suddenly become affordable, then I think I would do the cabin upgrade. Hopefully, it would result in a better cruise experience. But if I was happy with what I had, I'd take the OBC. Good to get more spending money which cuts down your on-board final bill! In your case, it worked out perfectly for you as you like the coves.

I chose the OBC also, I was offered an upgrade on the Splendor from a Balcony to a Ocean suite. I have $870 in OBC and they wanted $550 of it back to upgrade. I chose to keep my balcony room and the credit!

In this case since you are happy with a cove I would take the OBC. The perks that I like with the Spa cabons is the access to the T-pool and thermal suites. And you could buy that for 2 people for $249 and still have money left over. For me it would be a no-brainer. OBC all the way and still have my cove!!!

Sharon

Seems like we all pretty much agree!!:D

The funny part was that the nice lady on the phone seemed kinda surprised that I turned down the Spa. I told her I didn't book the Cove because of price, I booked it because I wanted it. If I would have wanted a Spa, that's what I would have booked.;)

She was really nice, and she told me that most people she was calling take the Spas. Whatever floats your boat, I like money!!!:p

I would have taken the OBC instead of the upgrade.

I always pick a cabin I want. To move me would need be a good deal to a more interesting cabin. I wouldn't pay $452 to move from a cove to a spa balcony and would enjoy spending the unexpected money.

i'm interested to see the different opinions here. I sail in 29 days and was given the choice between a free upgrade to a spa balcony, or a nice chunk of obc ($452 to be exact). I was already very happy with my cove, so i took the money.;)

i'm just wondering what others would do. I thought about it, and the only upgrade i would have taken over $450 obc would have to have been in

the very high suite catagory, otherwise, i like to spend money, so.....

I've actually heard some folks here say they don't like obc because they are just "spending their own money" (as opposed to getting an actual refund i guess??). Exactly, my money. I'd much rather spend it myself than let ccl keep it!!

Wwyd???:d

obc

In your case, I think you did the right thing. That's a lot of money. I've wanted to try a cove balcony ever since they first announced them on the Dream. Some day.... I guess it depends on the circumstances but for almost $500 more, I think I'd prefer the OBC.

OBC only. Even if they can't give me OBC, only upgrade, I refuse.

1) My understanding of upgrade is not the same as theirs. It may be the same type/size cabin, only in a different deck.

2) I can get sea sick, so my cabin is always in the lower middle. Don't want them to move me to the top, or edges, or under a karaoke bar.