Uk cruisers new itv programme

tartanexile81

That's probably fairly good for a documentary in the UK, especially about cruising. Cruising which is growing in popularity in the UK, is no way near as popular as it is in the US going off the % of the population that travels abroad and cruises.

We traveled o the royal everything onboard was up to standard it is a shame when TV feels it has to portray a lady as such for entertainment sad do not let it put you off experiencing the royal lovely ship.

Do not know how to copy and paste links with my phone

But just do a google search

OK, so here are a couple

(I like this quote)

"It may be that new ITV reality show The Cruise Ship will encourage more people to give cruising a go but if the first episode is anything to go by, I have a sneaky feeling it will put far more people off this type of holiday.

http://www.blackmorevale.co.uk/Cruise-Ship-ITV1-Friday-11th-July-TV-Review/story-21455082-detail/story.html

Go to the middle of this next one for the review

http://www.blackmorevale.co.uk/Cruise-Ship-ITV1-Friday-11th-July-TV-Review/story-21455082-detail/story.html

I agree. A fun, lighthearted piece of television about a fun and lighthearted activity.

I enjoyed seeing some more of the Royal and it looked lovely.

Of course that poor woman was edited to look as outrageous as possible. You need a long spoon when you sup with the media.

I have never cruised and my first cruise is the Royal Princess in November. I haven't been put off by the TV show. Look past the 'eccentric' people they interviewed, the ship looked beautiful, the rooms were lovely, the kitchens looked clean and well managed and it didn't look to be full of drunk kids making a nuisance of themselves around the pool areas. I am looking forward to my holiday even more now

Having just witnessed the second episode of this show, I am convinced that the programme was intended to put potential cruisers off the idea for life! Having survived sixty odd cruises, I think I can say that cruising isn't really like this. Perhaps the series would be more appropriate for promoting Carnival's fun cruises!

I value my Elite status with Princess. I hope I won't be barred for my comments!

Watched the second episode of the cruise ship, it was slightly better than the first but as we are booked on the sister ship the Regal later in the year I can only say it has spoiled my idea of a relaxing cruise.

We have sailed with Princess on 5 previous occasions and do not want to wiggle our bums and try popping balloons with your chest. I also hope the passengers are a better bunch than some of the ones on the show.

Prefer Princess to P&O but P&O does seem to be a little more strict with dress code and activities.

We watched the second programme tonight and cannot understand how Princess / Carnival Group ever let this programme proceed. This is definitely not the Princess Line we know and love and someone somewhere should be losing their job for letting it go ahead. The only alternative is that they have managed to dumb down the standard of the Royal Princess (on which we have not yet sailed!) To that of a very very cheap holiday camp for geriatrics. Which I am sure it is not.

We watched the second programme tonight and cannot understand how Princess / Carnival Group ever let this programme proceed. This is definitely not the Princess Line we know and love and someone somewhere should be losing their job for letting it go ahead. The only alternative is that they have managed to dumb down the standard of the Royal Princess (on which we have not yet sailed!) To that of a very very cheap holiday camp for geriatrics. Which I am sure it is not.

"Cheap holiday camp for geriatrics" Sums up how the programme portrays it very well.

Edited by maz48

Well luckily I sky+d it so I could fast forward it! I am so looking forward to being back on Ruby Princess soon and honestly if I had never cruised with Princess before it would have put me off. Yes the ship looks beautiful but the whole experience looks so tacky.

Our neighbour was asking me if she should cruise for the first time and I was going to recommend watching this programme to her but having seen it I think it would be better if I just shared my photos and happy stories with her

Edited by tartanexile81

Have watched two episodes of this rubbish programme now, what was princess thinking ? If I was new to cruising it would put me off for sure. It really hasn't done princess any favours. The deputy cruise director would do my head in !! I am on the royal for 3 weeks in February thank goodness I have travelled with princess before or I would be having second thoughts .

Been on a few Princess cruises and am treating the documentary for what it is........light entertainment. It's not an in depth travel promotional programme.

I know, and so do many others, what Princess is all about.

Hope the prices go down a little and i can book more.

Pete