Grandeur's Water Breaks Flooding Cabins

Just a heads up to those planning a trip on Grandeur. Cabin 8549 which is an inside cabin located near stairwell and Centrum had a wet floor, furniture, and bedding issue caused by a water line in the adjoining utility space. RCCL didn't handle this event well. Daughter was in this room.

I thought my room JS 8560 was safe until the occupants of 7560 called my room asking if my tub was overflowing causing a water leakage in their cabin.

Otherwise trip was good. My second cruise on GOS with the first being about seven years ago....I don't remember the beds being so low to the floor.

So are you saying that the leak could not be fixed and this cabin will have a wet floor for future sailings?

Or wet floor for just your sailing , 1 day , the whole cruise?

Edited by setsail

Just a heads up to those planning a trip on Grandeur. Cabin 8549 which is an inside cabin located near stairwell and Centrum had a wet floor, furniture, and bedding issue caused by a water line in the adjoining utility space. RCCL didn't handle this event well. Daughter was in this room.

I thought my room JS 8560 was safe until the occupants of 7560 called my room asking if my tub was overflowing causing a water leakage in their cabin.

Otherwise trip was good. My second cruise on GOS with the first being about seven years ago....I don't remember the beds being so low to the floor.

Yikes! :eek: We are in room 7605 in less than 2 months. Looks like this right above our room! I'm sure they will get everything fixed up before then.

Or horrible information!:rolleyes::rolleyes: Would you care to elaborate????...."RCCL didn't handle this event well"....:confused:

How sad, people getting ready to cruise, and hearing about this.

What is more sad is the people on this sailing affected by this flood.

Hope they are compensated so they can still enjoy there sailing.

Sea Ya

Break happened on Day 5 of the cruise. I can't say if it was FIXED or what...there was practically no communications from RCCL to us on the issue and I can't say if other cabins were affected, except the ones mentioned. The occupants on the floor below us didn't call up until Day 7 so apparently it was a traveling leak....my attempt at a joke.

Daughter is military and will make due in any environment but it wasn't optimum for a vacation. I think she was trying to slush through the wet flooring but the wet bedding was hard to overlook.

I wasn't aware that Grandeur had this kind of problems on the regular.

Or horrible information!:rolleyes::rolleyes: Would you care to elaborate????...."RCCL didn't handle this event well"....:confused:

Guest Services never contacted daughter and offered nothing despite the Head Housekeeper telling her that GS would make contact. Daughter never mentioned the leak until I asked to see the small shower. I thought she was sleeping on our sofa just for view. Again, military and just does not complain. Late on the final day after I complained to GS she received 25% of the amount she paid for her NEXT cruise.

She starts a medical training program next month so no opportunities for cruises in the near future.

I wasn't aware that Grandeur had this kind of problems on the regular.

Not this particular problem....just the fire and noro a couple times and some rough seas that damaged the jogging track two separate times. But, l love that ship.:D

Gwen :)

Not this particular problem....just the fire and noro a couple times and some rough seas that damaged the jogging track two separate times. But, l love that ship.:D

My sister who accompanied us also loves Grandeur. She's a Carnival fan but stated she would sail Grandeur in the future. This was also her second trip on Grandeur.

Hello Everyone...is this water issue something that has happened on this current sailing that left from Baltimore yesterday?

I'm asking because my son and daughter-n-law are on this cruise and their cabin is on the same floor. I just can't remember if they are inside cabin 8350 or 8550. It's something like that. So, I was just curious when reading about the water issue

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hello Everyone...is this water issue something that has happened on this current sailing that left from Baltimore yesterday?

I'm asking because my son and daughter-n-law are on this cruise and their cabin is on the same floor. I just can't remember if they are inside cabin 8350 or 8550. It's something like that. So, I was just curious when reading about the water issue

It appears so. I was just going to post something similar as the op posted it happened on Day 5 and the current cruise is on Day 2.

This is over, probably completely repaired and wont' affect anyone else. Water lines break. It happens.

Inside cabins have odd # endings and ocean view and balcony have even # endings in their cabin numbers. I was told that by a cabin steward once.

It appears so. I was just going to post something similar as the op posted it happened on Day 5 and the current cruise is on Day 2.

This is over, probably completely repaired and wont' affect anyone else. Water lines break. It happens.

Reminds me of the quote "all surgery is minor or routine until it happens to you".

Water line breaks at the Hilton, they give you a new room. On packed summer cruise, they can't do that. Therefore the cruise line has a greater duty to maintain the integrity of the systems. **** may happen, but they need to own and make good. $200 off the highest price of your next cruise says: that's what you get for paying in advance, sucker. What are you going to do, leave?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Guest Services never contacted daughter and offered nothing despite the Head Housekeeper telling her that GS would make contact. Daughter never mentioned the leak until I asked to see the small shower. I thought she was sleeping on our sofa just for view. Again, military and just does not complain. Late on the final day after I complained to GS she received 25% of the amount she paid for her NEXT cruise.

She starts a medical training program next month so no opportunities for cruises in the near future.

Wow, we got 25% FCC and we just had the shower back up into the bathroom. :o

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Reminds me of the quote "all surgery is minor or routine until it happens to you".

Water line breaks at the Hilton, they give you a new room. On packed summer cruise, they can't do that. Therefore the cruise line has a greater duty to maintain the integrity of the systems. **** may happen, but they need to own and make good. $200 off the highest price of your next cruise says: that's what you get for paying in advance, sucker. What are you going to do, leave?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The point was that it happened on the previous cruise, not the current one and has more than likely been fixed. Why focus on the one short sentence about "water lines break"? What isn't true about that lol?

The OP was "warning" people about something that happened several days ago and more than likely isn't affecting anyone's current cruise.

We had toilet issues on a cruise several years ago. It happens. They worked on our toilet til about 2 am. I was feeling terrible and couldn't sleep til they were done. After we returned, we were contacted by RCI because DH had mentioned it on our survey and we were offered something like $120 towards our next cruise. We took it and continue to cruise . BTW, it happened on Grandeur and we're getting ready to go on her for the third time.