Best Steak- Lawn Grill or Tuscan

Travel luv

I enjoyed both, but returned to the Lawn Club Grill two additional times during the same cruise. The preparations there are very simple and really allow the great flavor of the steak and seafood to come through. While I didn't save room for the chocolate chip cookie,( my dessert was at the molecular bar each night), I will agree with others that recommend the filet and the skewer of shrimp and scallops. I even asked our wonderful server, Oscar, for some blue cheese crumbles to top my filet and he gladly ran down to the MDR and retrieved them; another reason why we loved this venue so much!

I recently had the ultimate dining package on Silhouette and enjoyed the Lawn Club Grill twice for dinner and once for lunch. You can ask for a variety of meats to sample at the Lawn Club Grill, but I agree the lamp chops are a must if you like lamb. I really enjoyed the way they seasoned the meat.

I ate at Tuscan twice, the first time I had the filet which was great, the second time the ribeye which was terrible, so didn't eat it. I did enjoy the french onion soup, calamari, goat cheese salad, risotto and beef raviolis. I found it best to stick to their specialties.

Up until two years ago, any steak on Celebrity was wonderful. They have gone to a different supplier and the steaks are still tender, but lack natural flavor.

If tender is your only criterion, then yes the Lawn Grill is great, but you will be offered three different "sauces" in order to flavor your meat.

In my last eight cruises, I would say the filet in the MDR is as good as any on the ship.

The beef in the Tuscan was fine. The Beef Wellington Medallions in Murano is a huge let down! On our last Century cruise, they brought back the Chateaubriand because no one was ordering the Wellington.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

We cooked our steaks on Reflection in 2012 at the Lawn Club Grill it was a fantastic experience and by far the best steak on the ship. I think they have raised the prices for this recently.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Without having read all 4 pages, my vote is for Tuscan. I enjoyed my dinner in the Lawn Club, but didn't cook my own food. However, the dinners in Tuscan are unbeatable and such a wonderful ambiance. Steaks were perfectly cooked along with my lamb.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network

We cooked our steaks on Reflection in 2012 at the Lawn Club Grill it was a fantastic experience and by far the best steak on the ship. I think they have raised the prices for this recently.

Yes, the price went from $40 to $45:D

To me this is what the Lawn Grill is all about " The Experience"! :p

Two years ago I cooked my own steak and had a blast with Timothy showing how to B'Q a steak. I never get it right at home. :mad: My DW surprised me with having the apron I wore delivered to the cabin. She said she would pay for it but they said no. The whole team also signed the menu. DW learned how to toss a pizza. Have to say we had the premium beverage package which contributed to the night. They kept brining the Scotch! :D

Going to be back on Reflection in September for an Eastern Mediterranean cruise and B'Qing once again.

Yes, the price went from $40 to $45:D

I'm impressed with the reviews of the Lawn Club. I initially had reservations about trying it.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Forums mobile app

On the Reflection they opened for lunch service 2 days. There was not a listing, just word of mouth, it was only $25 and both days sold out before we found out:(

We will miss the LCG not being on the Equinox this year, but we will get to try the new GastroBar!:)

I'm still not sure who wins the vote for best cut of steak there - ribeye or filet. I generally prefer the ribeye cut, however everyone is saying that the ribeye in the Tuscan is not a got cut. I imagine that they come from the same vendor, although it looks like a few have said that the ribeye is better at the Lawn Club.

I'm still not sure who wins the vote for best cut of steak there - ribeye or filet. I generally prefer the ribeye cut, however everyone is saying that the ribeye in the Tuscan is not a got cut. I imagine that they come from the same vendor, although it looks like a few have said that the ribeye is better at the Lawn Club.

I am a butchers daughter. At home our Rib steaks were at least 1" thick with the bone-in. That is what you get in good steak house in NY. and I assume other states. The Tuscan grill steak reminded me of a thick slice of roast beef, but had lots of fat and grizzle. While the rib-eye at the lawn grill wasn't 1 " thick, it was thicker then the steak in Tuscan with less fat and grizzle. My DH always gets the Filet and enjoyed it at the lawn grill.

Maybe that explains my high cholestrol! Thank Heavens for Lipitor!

LOL

Edited by Cruise a holic

On the Reflection they opened for lunch service 2 days. There was not a listing, just word of mouth, it was only $25 and both days sold out before we found out:(

We will miss the LCG not being on the Equinox this year, but we will get to try the new GastroBar!:)

When we were on the Silhouette in March, the afternoon Lawn Grill lunch was listed in the Platter (or whatever the name is:p). It was very tiny but there. The waiters told us on our dinner visit about it and said they usually do it on port days but never know for sure.