Carnival in Europe?

lizjoemom

Hi, I was just looking up European cruises for next summer and went to Carnival website. Under "where do you want to go?" there is no Europe option. Does Carnival still cruise in Europe? Am I missing something?:confused:

Hi, I was just looking up European cruises for next summer and went to Carnival website. Under "where do you want to go?" there is no Europe option. Does Carnival still cruise in Europe? Am I missing something?:confused:

Not missing anything. Carnival has no ships in Europe in 2015.

There is a new ship coming in '16. Stay tuned.

I'm doing Greek Isles in 2015

I refuse to let only going on 1 CRUISE LINE dictate where I go

my LOYALTY is to ME

All of which begs the question, would you you sail Carnival if they were doing Europe in 2015 (knowing what a big fan you are of them)?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

All of which begs the question, would you you sail Carnival if they were doing Europe in 2015 (knowing what a big fan you are of them)?

if they went to santorini i would if the price was competitive

I actually have more cruises on CCL (39) than with any other line

I probably would not. Figure other lines such as Princess are much more experienced at it. Also new ship new class would probably avoid it for awhile.

Edited by golfadj

I probably would not. Figure other lines such as Princess are much more experienced at it. Also new ship new class would probably avoid it for awhile.

In regards to new ship/class,I might agree for the first couple if cruises, after that I would not hesitate.

In regards to new ship/class,I might agree for the first couple if cruises, after that I would not hesitate.

As I recall the Dream had a lot of trouble while in Europe and it was only after they got back to the US that they seemed to solve its problems.

As I recall the Dream had a lot of trouble while in Europe and it was only after they got back to the US that they seemed to solve its problems.

While the Sunshine did, I don't remember the Dream having "lot's of trouble". We had friends who were on the first sailing and except for minor things like internet and such, hence my reluctance to do 1st sailings. Other than that I would be fine.

While I would agree Princess does more European (and worldwide) sailings, I am not sure as what the plus is with that.

While the Sunshine did, I don't remember the Dream having "lot's of trouble". We had friends who were on the first sailing and except for minor things like internet and such, hence my reluctance to do 1st sailings. Other than that I would be fine.

While I would agree Princess does more European (and worldwide) sailings, I am not sure as what the plus is with that.

Dream had major crowding issues which is why they started the lanai for lunch on sea days. Also had "smell" issues.

Princess has more experience in Europe. Also on Princess they gave lectures on what to do in ports without overselling their tours.

Dream had major crowding issues which is why they started the lanai for lunch on sea days. Also had "smell" issues.

Princess has more experience in Europe. Also on Princess they gave lectures on what to do in ports without overselling their tours.

Is the pricing competitive? We did British Isles on Legend last September as the price was right.

That does sound major, imagine a line at lunch.:eek: Sounds more like breaking in to me. My memory of lunch on a med cruise was that there were no lines (although it was a while ago).

Can't comment on Princess lectures. I can say that on our Liberty cruise, I did not notice "overselling". Sounds like someone is getting a jaundiced view of Carnival lately. ;)

That does sound major, imagine a line at lunch.:eek: Sounds more like breaking in to me. My memory of lunch on a med cruise was that there were no lines (although it was a while ago).

Can't comment on Princess lectures. I can say that on our Liberty cruise, I did not notice "overselling". Sounds like someone is getting a jaundiced view of Carnival lately. ;)

Lots of people were on here complaining about major overcrowding on Dream. As a result believe they opened DR for lunch on embarkation day.

Go to a Carnival talk on ports and all they do is talk about their tours. On Princess they discussed the history of the ports and what you can walk to if you wantto do a self guided walking tour.

Lots of people were on here complaining about major overcrowding on Dream. As a result believe they opened DR for lunch on embarkation day.

Go to a Carnival talk on ports and all they do is talk about their tours. On Princess they discussed the history of the ports and what you can walk to if you wantto do a self guided walking tour.

Jaundiced view of Carnival? Dont think so. Just call them as I see them. BTW our next three cruises are with Carnival followed by a European one for next year on Princess that should be booked shortly.

I guess we all have reasons to book with a cruise lines. For me its itinerary and price.

Since I never book tours with the cruiseline shore talks arent something I would ever attend. There is so much information, available to do you own research well in advance of getting on a ship.

Europe is so easy to get around and book tours.

Thanks for the responses. We went on our first Carnival Cruise in Europe a few years back, and we thought it was great. We had always heard mixed reviews regarding Carnival, but that cruise hooked us for Carnival.

RC has a limited sailing itinerary in Europe next year too, and the prices seem pretty high, we will probably just wait until 016 or even 017 unless something changes.

Jaundiced view of Carnival? Dont think so. Just call them as I see them. BTW our next three cruises are with Carnival followed by a European one for next year on Princess that should be booked shortly.

As I said, I have not sailed Princess (although toured a couple ships, so I can't comment, but I believe you. Does Carnival sell their tours in their talk, sure, thought all did that. We had John Heald as our cruise director in Europe, I son't recall it as oversell and thought it was informative. My only comment of the lunch crowd (it was more an attempt at humor than anything else)...... my interpretation of them "adapting" to the lunch crowds and coming out with other "options" is that is part of what I would think of "break in" type of activity. I interpreted your original comment as lots of mechanical things that ran into months. Certainly not a major dispute on the topic and we can move on.

Where are you sailing Princess in Europe?

I guess we all have reasons to book with a cruise lines. For me its itinerary and price.

Since I never book tours with the cruiseline shore talks arent something I would ever attend. There is so much information, available to do you own research well in advance of getting on a ship.

Europe is so easy to get around and book tours.

So true. We booked all of our tours on our own. With the internet, it is so easy to research tours. I booked all of our tours and tickets online and everything went smoothly. I also booked our own airfare, which was smart because the group that was sitting at our table had Carnival book it and there was 1 stop and half the group lost their luggage!

The only thing that we did book through Carnival was the extra two days in Rome. With the transfers and the hotel prices, it was worth it. :)

As I said, I have not sailed Princess (although toured a couple ships, so I can't comment, but I believe you. Does Carnival sell their tours in their talk, sure, thought all did that. We had John Heald as our cruise director in Europe, I son't recall it as oversell and thought it was informative. My only comment of the lunch crowd (it was more an attempt at humor than anything else)...... my interpretation of them "adapting" to the lunch crowds and coming out with other "options" is that is part of what I would think of "break in" type of activity. I interpreted your original comment as lots of mechanical things that ran into months. Certainly not a major dispute on the topic and we can move on.

Where are you sailing Princess in Europe?

Would be Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale with 5 stops in Spain and Portugal. If we had more time would do the previous segment Rome to Barcelona but not ready yet for 3 week cruises.