Do people decorate their doors on Celebrity?

texasgirl29

We have seen them but they are in the minority. Usually a birthday or anniversary. I honestly have no real opinion on them. We don't post anything on our door, but that's just a personal preference, and no one passes by the far aft cabins anyway.

I WILL have to run down to deck 8 and check out the 15 decorated cabins when get on Equinox for the TA.

I guess we're boring - we don't dress in costumes for Halloween either.

I never did, until we cruised with our son and his friend for their college graduations. Then, I surprised them with a decorated door full of congratulations!

Since then, I have decorated ours. Whether its for a special occasion (birthday, anniversary), or near a holiday, or just because. Don't think it's tacky at all, and for those that do, well, too bad!!

But I have noticed that very few doors are decorated on Celebrity.

Well, since we noted that we decorate our door and Hank later said that doing so probably doesn't indicate a high degree of class, I guess we are low class.

So, what would that make someone who makes comments about someone else's class?

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

PS, Hank, I have worn my tux on every formal night for over 20 cruises. Without a baseball cap :eek:

We see door decorating like wearing baseball caps, Yes, we see a few decorated doors on cruise ships and also see some men (who think they are little boys) wearing baseball caps in the MDR (even on formal nights). Not sure either indicates a high degree of class (showing stylish excellence), but it is one of those different strokes kind of things.

Hank

Hank we are normally on the same side of comments on the boards. You must have been visiting a friend in Colorado or Washington and got some second hand smoke inhaled today. :eek:But with this one you are in left field without a glove. We have yet to ever see a baseball cap in the MDR at dinner on any of the 7 different lines we have sailed since 1987. We have decorated our door many a time. So I guess we are low class by your standards, which need adjusting IMHO.

You can decorate the door if you want.. There is no policy against it but there may be some restrictions. Read the FAQ section on Celebrity's website.

The gift exchange is usually arranged thru the roll call.

Both are a personal thing but nothing really big from what I have experienced on X. I think most don' t feel a need to burden themselves with the extra baggage.

Cruise on 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Thanks, everyone, for your responses. Are the doors (on Eclipse) metal so magnets will adhere?

Not only are the doors metal, but also the walls inside the cabin are too. I always bring some magnet clips to corral all the paperwork that seems to accumulate. And because I collect magnets from each port, I build a collage of those.

Linda

I really don't understand why on so many threads there has to be a negative person or two. If it's not something you enjoy fine, don't do it. But, don't comment on it and certainly don't belittle people that don't share your opinion.

We are all grownups here. And, I was under the impression that no question is a stupid one.

Really not necessary!

A fellow I knew very well wore a baseball cap to a formal function a couple of years ago.

He was actually a bit embarrassed, but it was because he had recently had an operation to remove a brain tumor.

Unfortunately he lost his battle with the big C a few months later

Perhaps we should all accept that there are sometimes valid reasons for what might otherwise be considered inappropriate.

cheers

Looking forward to the big party we are going to have on Deck 8. I am hoping to decorate our cabin door. It will be a first for us it will sure help in locating our cabin!

Deck 8 will be the place to be! And yes, we will be decorating our door as well. Have some fun...you are on vacation people! ;)

A fellow I knew very well wore a baseball cap to a formal function a couple of years ago.

He was actually a bit embarrassed, but it was because he had recently had an operation to remove a brain tumor.

Unfortunately he lost his battle with the big C a few months later

Perhaps we should all accept that there are sometimes valid reasons for what might otherwise be considered inappropriate.

Exactly....you don't know what someone else is going thru unless you are in their shoes....

Edited by fitters

Here is the official photo from our wedding Please note that I am not wearing a baseball cap OR cleats.

http://www.smokeymountainwedding.org/images/redneck%20wedding.jpg

A quick scan of the posts on this thread makes it easy to decide who I would love to cruise with and who doesn't meet our standards ;).

To the OP, the magnetic paper idea works well. Get at any office supply. Have fun.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:DBob and Phyl

I take a supply of colored windsocks and heavy duty magenta you get from Home Depot that hold 60lbs each. I tack a couple from the ceiling at my cabin door and from the veranda also so I can see my cabin in port.

I have found however that Suite Doors are not always metal nor are the walls and ceilings inside. I know, such problems to have... :-)

Sorry, but to me that is really tacky looking. :eek:

Agreed.

Must be staying in the cabin next to Cal Hockley. :cool:

His bodyguard with the .45 will keep anybody with door decorations far away. :rolleyes:

How did this decorating tradition begin? I've only been on 3 cruises, 4th in December. I've seen a few doors with things plastered on them. It seems a little tacky in my opinion. Is it to solicite people knocking on your door to chat? I don't walk past many staterooms outside of the ones near where I'm located, so after I've seen tinsel on day one it just becomes that room with the junk on the door. Is it designed to be an exhibit where word spreads and others come to look at the door? I have also seen the signs with a cruise critic members name. I was excited about that because I use the boards obviously but I didn't go out of my way to seek them out.