Do people decorate their doors on Celebrity?

texasgirl29

It's amazing that someone would diss a person for having a little consideration for the property and the people who work hard to maintain it. As I said, I have no problem with decorations but would hope that they are done thoughtfully and without damage to the ship. I guess common courtesy is now a sin.

Edited by Ma Bell

It's amazing that someone would diss a person for having a little consideration for the property and the people who work hard to maintain it. As I said, I have no problem with decorations but would hope that they are done thoughtfully and without damage to the ship.

Of course we do! Why oh why would Cruise Critic have links to Company designed door signs, and the cruise lines themselves put things on the doors if they thought it damaging to the quality of the ship?

http://www.cruisecritic.com/doorsign.pdf

RCCL did it for us as far back as 1990. Decorated the door and the inside of the cabin on the Rhapsody in 2003. Then Princess in 2012. Oh the fun the stewards have seeing the sparkle in the eyes of their passengers when they come down the hall and find their cabin all gussied up.

Edited by wallie5446

I have never decorated a door and have no opinion one way or another on the subject.

However, if I had to scrape scotch tape off a couple dozen doors while cleaning and readying cabins for a new surge of cruisers, I would not be a happy cabin steward. Just saying......

Chelly, everyone knows that the doors are made of metal and you don't use scotch tape!! That pulls paint away and/or leaves sticky marks. You use magnets instead. They leave no trace, and they're small and light and easy to pack.

The only decorations I've ever noticed are anniversary and birthday announcements. They're sweet.

Of course we do! Why oh why would Cruise Critic have links to Company designed door signs, and the cruise lines themselves put things on the doors if they thought it damaging to the quality of the ship?

http://www.cruisecritic.com/doorsign.pdf

RCCL did it for us as far back as 1990. Decorated the door and the inside of the cabin on the Rhapsody in 2003. Then Princess in 2012. Oh the fun the stewards have seeing the sparkle in the eyes of their passengers when they come down the hall and find their cabin all gussied up.

We're obviously not concerned about those door decorations. We've had them for our grandchildren too. Take a look at the Halloween decorations. The tape is very obvious. Hopefully people who have read this will just try to considerate with the decorations.

We're obviously not concerned about those door decorations. We've had them for our grandchildren too. Take a look at the Halloween decorations. The tape is very obvious. Hopefully people who have read this will just try to considerate with the decorations.

Look close at my pic and you can clearly see that the cabin steward used tape to attach the balloons to the fabric on the wall :eek: and the sign on the door. When someone orders a special package that has the inside decorated, it is all done with tape.

Look close at my pic and you can clearly see that the cabin steward used tape to attach the balloons to the fabric on the wall :eek: and the sign on the door. When someone orders a special package that has the inside decorated, it is all done with tape.

What exactly is your point? Is all tape the same? Have you ever seen posts from people suggesting they attach things in their cabins and balconies with duct tape? There are lots of materials that are not appropriate for use and could cause some damage. It's just something to consider and nothing to argue about.

Sorry, but to me that is really tacky looking. :eek:

I have to agree. Fortunately these threads pop up more frequently on this board and on the Princess board than what actually happens on the ship. If everyone did this it would look the corridor of an elementary school. Even after a few drinks I'm still able to find my room without having to mark the door or leaving a trail of bread crumbs.

I have to agree. Fortunately these threads pop up more frequently on this board and on the Princess board than what actually happens on the ship. If everyone did this it would look the corridor of an elementary school. Even after a few drinks I'm still able to find my room without having to mark the door or leaving a trail of bread crumbs.

I guess one man's (women) tacky is another man's (women's) fun. I think it is festive- As they say- whatever floats your boat!

What exactly is your point? Is all tape the same? Have you ever seen posts from people suggesting they attach things in their cabins and balconies with duct tape? There are lots of materials that are not appropriate for use and could cause some damage. It's just something to consider and nothing to argue about.

Not arguing about nuttin. Just stating we put our stuff up with the tape 'provided' by our steward. If it is okie dokie for them, who am I to question?

I read no comment in this thread about using duct tape.

So, should we start a petition to the Owners of the Cruise lines and the Mgt of Cruise Critic to stop promoting door signs? Chill.

As the OP, I had no idea this would garner 80+ responses.

I believe I have my answer:

[ x ] Yes, there is some door decorating, but not as prevalent as other ships.

[ x ] Doors are metal, so I can use a magnet.

Thanks to all who participated.

JoAnn

Here is the official photo from our wedding Please note that I am not wearing a baseball cap OR cleats.

http://www.smokeymountainwedding.org/images/redneck%20wedding.jpg

A quick scan of the posts on this thread makes it easy to decide who I would love to cruise with and who doesn't meet our standards ;).

To the OP, the magnetic paper idea works well. Get at any office supply. Have fun.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:DBob and Phyl

I fell for that one Bob. I have seen the real thing.:D:eek:

Not arguing about nuttin. Just stating we put our stuff up with the tape 'provided' by our steward. If it is okie dokie for them, who am I to question?

I read no comment in this thread about using duct tape.

So, should we start a petition to the Owners of the Cruise lines and the Mgt of Cruise Critic to stop promoting door signs? Chill.

Is it really difficult to read what I said? Is it necessary to twist words? I'm glad the steward on your Princess cruise gave you the tape. Why do you insist on making this a big deal?

If one gets bored, they can always switch someone's door decorations to another cabin :D

We decorate our doors with something appropriate to our roll call, destination, or holiday. I suspect that all those who do so are fun loving people.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Please dont tempt me!!! something after several martinis one would do!!