Do people decorate their doors on Celebrity?

texasgirl29

On our last couple of Disney cruises, I've created magnets for our door and participated in the gift exchange know as "fish extenders." I was wondering if anyone decorates their doors on Celebrity?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hi,

And to provide a different observation...Have seen quite a lot of decorated doors on Celebrity !! Since I am a very early riser (3-4am) I often take time to read/look at the different decorations as I pass by and am wandering the ship at that oh-so-quiet time of day !...but then too...I also am not the "frequent"-as-some-others-cruiser !

Enjoy

Woody

Edited by rwr235

On our last couple of Disney cruises, I've created magnets for our door and participated in the gift exchange know as "fish extenders." I was wondering if anyone decorates their doors on Celebrity?

Although not wide spread, some decorate their doors especially around holidays like Valentine's Day, Christmas, New Year's, etc. Others do so, just to easily identify their room, especially if they are traveling with kids or part of a group.

We always print out the Cruise Critic door sign in poster size, and hang it. Now we have sailed on other lines where the entire door was covered with very elaborate designed coverings.

On our Nov Equinox cruise we have 15 cabins at this point occupied by people on our Roll Call, on deck 8! We have plans to do a bit of art work :D for our doors.

Edited by wallie5446

I have sailed mostly RCCL but this past cruise on Celebrity was the 1st time I had something on my door. Our roll call made up signs for our doors. Staples has magnetic paper (4 sheets / ~$8) and we made a cute cruise critic sign, our picture and name. The doors are magnetic. It helped people find your room for excursions, etc.

Karen

I can honestly say that I have never noticed door decorations on any of my Celebrity cruises. That's not to say that some do, but I have never noticed them. We take longer cruises and always to foreign countries, not short cruises to the Caribbean. That may be why.

We did a 28-day SA cruise in March on the Infinity and there were lots of doors decorated including ours. I had 1 for each 2-week segment that had pictures pertaining to the areas we were visiting...penguins, panama canal, etc. Some are very creative and it helps to find your room.

We always print out the Cruise Critic door sign in poster size, and hang it. Now we have sailed on other lines where the entire door was covered with very elaborate designed coverings.

On our Nov Equinox cruise we have 15 cabins at this point occupied by people on our Roll Call, on deck 8! We have plans to do a bit of art work :D for our doors.

Looking forward to the big party we are going to have on Deck 8. I am hoping to decorate our cabin door. It will be a first for us it will sure help in locating our cabin!

If one gets bored, they can always switch someone's door decorations to another cabin :D

We decorate our doors with something appropriate to our roll call, destination, or holiday. I suspect that all those who do so are fun loving people.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

DW used to decorate her doors when she taught Elementary School. When she retired from teaching she decorated her last door. We see door decorating like wearing baseball caps, they both have their place. The doors are great in Elementary schools and baseball caps are perfect at baseball games. Yes, we see a few decorated doors on cruise ships and also see some men (who think they are little boys) wearing baseball caps in the MDR (even on formal nights). Not sure either indicates a high degree of class (showing stylish excellence), but it is one of those different strokes kind of things.

Hank

Yes, we see a few decorated doors on cruise ships and also see some men (who think they are little boys) wearing baseball caps in the MDR (even on formal nights). Not sure either indicates a high degree of class (showing stylish excellence), but it is one of those different strokes kind of things.

Hank

Wow, I'm speechless.

Obviously, I have a low degree of class. Though I don't usually decorate my door, I do enjoy seeing others that do. Usually.

HA! Me too, I guess! Love to see others more than do mine because I'm not too creative. Love the fish extenders, working on mine for the WBTA in 7 weeks!

Sorry, but to me that is really tacky looking. :eek:

Well, to each his/her own. I walked past those doors several times a day on our TA, and I enjoyed them. We were obviously aboard for Halloween, and there were plenty of doors that were decorated, including ours, so I guess Hank would say we have no class either. :rolleyes:

The activities staff ran a costume party on the evening of Halloween, and it was pretty amazing to see the creative and elaborate costumes that some passengers had brought with them. The Captain and other officers came, and a truly fun time was had by all. The decorated doors were all in that same spirit; sorry for those who can't appreciate the fun.