Half Moon Cay

Corgi Girl

There really isn't much to Half Moon Cay, it's basically just a very pretty stretch of beach. With a dining facility where the cruise line cook a nice BBQ for you. IMO 9:00 till 2:30 is plenty of time there. This is a shot I took a couple of years back.y6yme7y6.jpgetevegyb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Considering the requisite tendering time- you're lucky to have from 10:00 to 1:30 - not all that much for a beautiful stretch of beach on some of the best shoreline anywhere - where a fair amount of your time will be spent getting lunch.

Ours is 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. The stop is the last before our return to FLL. (This is in December.) Then in April the itinerary says 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. It will be our first stop after leaving FLL. We've never been to HMC before, so we are looking forward to our visits. It looks gorgeous. We did live in the Bahamas for a few years, and remember the waters fondly!:)

I always thought HAL should do an overnight at HMC. They could have a big concert on the ship or on HMC and even a fireworks show. Think of the money in fuel they'd save.

Plus couples could take the proverbial moonlit walk on the beach

What a great idea, I think most passengers would like that.

HMC is such a waste of time. Wish they added on an extra sea day. The private beach CocoCay with RCL is much much better. Plus the BBQ lunch on HMC is just gross.

Coco cay must have changed - I didn't care for it when I was there;)

If you book the Oasis at HMC, pretty sure you will be pleased with the bbq:). Or just go back to the ship for lunch - easy:)

HMC is such a waste of time. Wish they added on an extra sea day. The private beach CocoCay with RCL is much much better. Plus the BBQ lunch on HMC is just gross.

Just stay on board and pretend it's a sea day with less crowded facilities. :)

Funny, we thought Coco Cay BBQ was terrible! Our "hot" food was cold and the seating area was very crowded. We've never had either of those problems at HMC.

Edited by jtl513

BTW there was no bars and just 2 small shops last time we went so maybe it's been developed. Last time for us was 2010

The "I Wish I Could Stay Here Forever" bar has been there for many years - only recently have they added the large pirate ship bar. I know about the "I Wish ..." because we have frequented it many times ;).

Half_Moon_Cay_13.JPG

Smooth Sailing! :) :)

The "I Wish I Could Stay Here Forever" bar has been there for many years - only recently have they added the large pirate ship bar. I know about the "I Wish ..." because we have frequented it many times ;).

Half_Moon_Cay_13.JPG

Smooth Sailing! :) :)

Must have missed that on our trip

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The gorgeous photos you posted tell the whole HMC story for me.

For people who love beautiful beaches and aqua blue water, how could one think an hour or two is enough? Sigh.......

I keep trying to freeze the color of the water into my brain but when I get home I can never 'pull it back up'. The photos are gorgeous but still not lilke being there. :)

So true!! Love love love the gorgeous water and white soft sand. I always wish I could capture it all in a bottle to open later when back home to bring back the sounds, smells, and the views. sigh. It's never long enough there.

I would love to spend more time at HMC. RSVP has asked HAL if they could overnight there for one of its charters. HAL rejected the idea.

I'm guessing lighting in the darkness might be a liability problem.

My wife is wondering if anyone has done the snorkelling tour organised by HAL. Do they supply all the equipment i.e. flippers and goggles. (She's the swimmer)

They supply all of the equipment. Snorkels, fins, and vests.

I have also noticed that time in port is shortened on Carnival too. We were not happy with our last cruise in 13. Maybe it is a corporate thing?

FYI, Disney's private island is the only one better than HMC, IMO. And really the only thing better is that the ship docks there so you can walk off and on. They have one or two cruises a year where the ship visits their Castaway Cay twice. We have one booked in Sept, I hope we are really able to go! (Hurricane season) This may be my best cruise ever!

Edited by FloridaGram