Ultimate Balcony Dining

jb9991

No, but Holland America's full main dining room menu is available during MDR hours to every cabin category. That's uniquely HAL really.

Onboard contact the front desk or dining services to confirm when you need to order your meal(s), some ships sometimes require you place the order within 30 minutes of the MDR opening. Note you don't have to eat then, just place the order then.

You can stop by the dining room to view the evenings menu almost anytime during the day. Most ships try to have the menu posted by 8 AM.

In the afternoon each of the bar/lounges have a copy of the menu so you can decide what to order.

Some ships require that you order within 1/2 hour of the dining room opening while others allow you 1 hour -- dining room opens at 5:15 for Open Seating.

Ok...help me here...What is ultimate balcony dining?

We are 4 stars also. We did enjoy MDR menus and order them for our verandah. Our stewards would put our food on the verandah for us. Now we did do dinner on the N ieuw Amsterdam on our 24 day last year Barcelona to Venice and enjoyed a candle lite dinner on the Crow Nest where you rent the private Verandahs for the day! Very romantic!

Same thing with me?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laminator

We are 4 stars also. We did enjoy MDR menus and order them for our verandah. Our stewards would put our food on the verandah for us. Now we did do dinner on the N ieuw Amsterdam on our 24 day last year Barcelona to Venice and enjoyed a candle lite dinner on the Crow Nest where you rent the private Verandahs for the day! Very romantic!

Deeniencinitas URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com][/url]

Same thing with me?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laminator

Deeniencinitas URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com][/url]

I made a mistake. I meant to quote you in one reply. Sorry.

It appears that it is a small step up from what we are used to with HAL. Actually I am not even sure it is a step up as we can do that every night on HAL .

Thank You!

We've done it twice, it's quite nice actually.

They serve course-by-course and are always on hand to refill glasses, etc. food is served warm and cool, when appropriate. Very nice setup with china and table clothes and candles and flowers and all.

It appears that it is a small step up from what we are used to with HAL. Actually I am not even sure it is a step up as we can do that every night on HAL .

Thank You!

We've done Ultimate Balcony Dining on Princess, and it was far, far better, more elaborate, better-served, and much more luxurious than any verandah dinner experience we've had on HAL. In our experience, no comparison at all. To say nothing of the food itself being much better on Princess.

We've done Ultimate Balcony Dining on Princess, and it was far, far better, more elaborate, better-served, and much more luxurious than any verandah dinner experience we've had on HAL. In our experience, no comparison at all. To say nothing of the food itself being much better on Princess.

For me, quite honestly, I prefer HAL passengers.

Are we even ?

Edited by Boatdrill

Does HAL offer Ultimate Balcony Dining (or similar )?

For Neptune Suite passengers, HAL offers a course-by-course dining experience in your stateroom or verandah that can be arranged via the Neptune Lounge.

Our last In-Room Dining included white tablecloth on the verandah, a waiter who delivered each course and stood by to clear our dishes as we emptied them. Our waiter remained with us during the entire dinner, except when acquiring the next course, and enjoyed the balcony while we ate. The waiter's supervisor visited several times to ensure that we were satisfied. Since our waiter was missing out on tips that he would have received from those ordering Room Service, we tipped him appropriately.

We had another In-Room Dining experience as guests of friends in their SA suite in Alaska.

Not sure that this is what you meant by "Ultimate Balcony Dining."

I was referring to what Crew News just mentioned. It appears to be very similar.

I was referring to what Crew News just mentioned. It appears to be very similar.

It is, but on Princess anyone with a balcony can do this. On HAL only those in the highest category suite can do this. Big difference.