I have been reading some really funky stuff

Caroldoll

We are past Celebrity Cruise people with a lot--lot--lot of cruises. We left them when they didn't provide water in the Penthouse suite

WOW. We have never been in a cabin without a faucet. Unacceptable.

I have to defend those who want to drink bottled water. If. like me, you do not drink tea or coffee and, therefore, drink a great deal of water, I do not see why we cannot be as choosy about the water we drink as others are about the coffee they drink. Personally, as I do not ruin my taste buds with coffee, I CAN tell the difference between different waters and I do NOT consider the ships tap water to be adequate for anything but cleaning my teeth.

You can bring on board all the water that you want. Pick up a 12 or 24 pack of whatever brand you want and check it in as luggage. I'm sure your butler will be happy to keep you supplied with ice.

Don't sweat the little things but find a solution.

I have to defend those who want to drink bottled water. If. like me, you do not drink tea or coffee and, therefore, drink a great deal of water, I do not see why we cannot be as choosy about the water we drink as others are about the coffee they drink. Personally, as I do not ruin my taste buds with coffee, I CAN tell the difference between different waters and I do NOT consider the ships tap water to be adequate for anything but cleaning my teeth.

I agree about bottled water. While we drink alcohol and coffee on board we also drink A LOT of water. I do not like the ships water so we drink bottled water.The drink package makes that nice and easy to do so. I'm not crazy about Evian but it is better than what comes out of the tap IMHO. To each their own.

Yes, sometimes something is a deal breaker. We didn't mind a lot of the charges like the alternate dining, but this we did mind. These boards are meant to inform people, not use them like dart boards. Sad.

We have close to 20 cruises on RCI/Celebrity. We did work 18 hours a day before we retired. And, 7 days a week--medical business. My husband actually likes bottled water more than liquor. We go to the buffet for breakfast..no room service. We leave the champagne and liquor. But--we want bottled water. If this is being a snob, then I guess I am.

We have close to 20 cruises on RCI/Celebrity. We did work 18 hours a day before we retired. And, 7 days a week--medical business. My husband actually likes bottled water more than liquor. We go to the buffet for breakfast..no room service. We leave the champagne and liquor. But--we want bottled water. If this is being a snob, then I guess I am.

I don't know how logistically you get to ship, but if driving (or have taxi stop) at a store and buy a case or two of bottled water, have porter slap a room tag on it and you can enjoy your water on ship. I think our SAMs club sells 48 packs for $3.99.

I cruise on the cheap (don't go to the $5 or now maybe $7 pay for lunch venues), but I wouldn't change lines because they weren't free. To each their own.

If you chose X, welcome back. If not have great cruise. We'll probably see you in st Maarten with the other 6 ships in port some day!!

No, you are not a snob. Is this just over water or is the water issue "the straw that broke the camels back? "

We don't drink the champagne either and often ask them to replace it with a bottle of wine and they do.. I wonder if they would replace your liquor with water bottles, if not I bet some of your fellow cruisers would be happy to do so. Seems weird you get free liquor in your cabin but not water.

I am going to wait until Oceania's itineraries come out and then go from there. What I was doing is comparing prices. You know when you get "old" every little thing makes a difference. Just saying, I wish people would not lash out that much. Need to get to the bottom of everything.

Yes, sometimes something is a deal breaker. We didn't mind a lot of the charges like the alternate dining, but this we did mind. These boards are meant to inform people, not use them like dart boards. Sad.

I agree with your thinking on this matter and believe that you should not have been exposed to comments meant to embarrass or intimidate.

Caroldoll, you are definitely not a snob. From my perception is the principle, it is that you paid an extremely large amount of money for the room you picked and cannot get a free bottle of water. I too agree with your thoughts - not that I will ever be in a PH suite but if I were I would certainly expect to get a free bottle of water. You do what you feel is right for "YOU" and don't give the nasty comments a second thought.

Do you order bottled water at all meals?

I agree it is strange that bottled water is not included when booking a PH suite, but on the other hand I can't stop chuckling to myself as this may be the epitome of a "1st world problem" :D

Edited by Ando

You know, someone that lives in miami should (i think i should get a little royalty!!) buy a bunch of cases of water, go down to the port, and sell cases of water to arriving passengers.

I just checked, sams club has 40 packs of water (16.9 oz) for $3.98.

I'll bet you could sell a truckload of water before getting run off by security.

Other idea is for taxi drivers to do it..

Sell a case for $10 and you could actually sell enough to go on the cruise!!

Ok, so let's be realistic about this. We do not know the OP, so do not know if they are a 'snob' or not, or if they are in the 1% or not (although if they regularly cruise in high-end suites that is almost guaranteed, although it shouldn't matter as that point alone does not a snob make). We only know what they said, and nothing more.

Here is what we do know: Many posters new to Cruise Critic and/or new to the Celebrity boards regularly post concerns that Celebrity cruisers are a bunch of snobs based on what they are reading on the Celebrity boards. What the OP did post is that they have been cruising in high-end suites, including Penthouse more than once (this is not specifically stated but if you re-read it like I did before I posted this, it would be hard to argue the point). They cruised Celebrity a lot. They decided to stop cruising Celebrity because they would not provide free bottled water in their cabin. This may very well not be the whole story, but based on the original post this is what we know. Many (if not most) people reading that, and most especially people new to these boards, would very likely read that and think 'snob'. They just would. That is what concerns me about posts like that on these boards. Celebrity is in fact not full of snobs at all, and I hate to see posts worded that lead people to that conclusion, whether at the end of the day it is a true conclusion or not. We only know people from what is being said, and as we all know that is not always the whole story, and is often subject to interpretation.

I find it strange that water is not provided in the PH.

A solution, since you now know this, would be to buy a case of water, put a luggage tag on it and send it off with your luggage when boarding.

Or, book AQ class and get the water in your room. We love this perk.

Sorry you are turned off on Celebrity over this issue.

This might have been said already, but once you board the ship ask to speak to the officer in charge of that department and asked if you can switch out all your liquor for water. My guess, looking at it from a financial standpoint, they would be more than happy to accomodate you.

This might have been said already, but once you board the ship ask to speak to the officer in charge of that department and asked if you can switch out all your liquor for water. My guess, looking at it from a financial standpoint, they would be more than happy to accomodate you.

Excellent idea. I can't imagine they would not do this.

I find it strange that water is not provided in the PH.

A solution, since you now know this, would be to buy a case of water, put a luggage tag on it and send it off with your luggage when boarding.

Or, book AQ class and get the water in your room. We love this perk.

Sorry you are turned off on Celebrity over this issue.

There are many reasons why this wouldn't be a solution, one of them could be that someone might be mobility challenged, and a case of water is not something that they would have the ability or inclination to deal with.

Another might be that a person is "above all that" and just simply wants bottled water in their room. It's not unreasonable at all to expect in the top room on the ship. Actually it's ridiculous that Celebrity hasn't supplied it in the past.

I can't stop chuckling to myself as this may be the epitome of a "1st world problem" :D

Since few people on these boards are from any other world, why would we discuss anything else?

The term comes up continuously on these boards when people want to ridicule concerns of others trying to get an answer to a question.