The Bogoho Sale Ends, how did you fare?

Booked Jewel OTS 10/3/15 California Coastal with BOGOHO. Total including pre paid gratuities $2077. As of today, it was $2777. So a $700 savings is okay by me.:D

Since there are only 3 of these cruises, I doubt there will be any price drops, I am almost guaranteeing that it will sell out by the end of this year. The roll call already has almost 1100 responses on it!

Watch for a Canadian Resident sale again.

We booked in May with it and our rate was $548 cheaper then the BOGO rate.. and $1000+ cheaper then todays fare.

Vacation junky, never heard of such a thing!!! Where would I even go look for that?

Keep watching the website. Make sure you put your province in.

Right now one of the advertisements on their site right now says

x2jqc3.jpg

We did well re-pricing a couple of cruises and got a fabulous deal on Oasis for January 2016. There is no more BOGOHO pricing on the cruises we booked - it seems to be consistent with what we initially paid on Allure this past January. So I'm quite content.

I imagine that the pricing on some cruises will adjust over the next few days, weeks and months. The base price on the Jewel coastal in May 2015 went up about 50% from the price we originally booked just when the BOGOHO sale came on. I don't think RCI will sell many JS at $1895pp. I didn't expect a big change today - we all need a few days to bask in our bargain glory, after all.:D

Edited by critterchick

Felt I came out pretty good:

5/3/15 Vision -Saved $800 for 2 people($400 per person)

10/18/15 - Freedom - Saved $1000 for 2 people($500 per person)

Booked those early in May and noticed the price jumped up as time went on.

Booked 2 cabins on Splendour for a Euro itinerary next August- saved $800 per cabin/ $1600 total off current non-BOGOHO rate, yeah! Plus I booked when they had the combinable WOW special going on so we got $100 per cabin OBC.

Edited by gnocchi_mommy

1st time poster here, with limited cruise experience (Big Red Boat 10/92, Carnival Fantasy sometime in 1995, and Disney Fantasy 6/12.) Obviously not as knowledgeable and savvy as the rest of you about cruising in general and RCI in particular. I got horribly seasick on an Eastern Caribbean sailing on the aforementioned Disney Fantasy and swore to my kids I'd never set foot on another cruise ship (but like childbirth, looking back it wasn't THAT bad!)

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, decided we needed to plan a big vacation for next summer and narrowed it down to Hawaii using my Disney Vacation Club points, an all inclusive in Jamaica, or another cruise. My kids (16 year old son and 13 year old daughter) voted overwhelmingly for a cruise. I stumbled across the RCI BOGOHO sale and considered a JS on the Oasis for 8/1/15. Then last Friday, Ebates "daily double" cash back bonus was for Orbitz. For cruises, the bonus was 13%. And that's what sealed the deal for me. We booked the JS on the Oasis - got 6640 on the hump, which makes me very happy as I don't get seasick on the balcony and I will have a little extra room. My total price for the 3 of us with the Orbitz booking fee of $24.99 was $5081.63 - after we cruise, I will get a rebate check for appx. $661.

I just checked the price again tonight and it's now $1300 more. When I checked last night, the BOGOHO was still showing up, but the base rate had gone up and the total was $300 more than what I paid last Friday. I did consult with one of my former cruisemates from 2 years ago before I completed my booking (she did a BTB on the Allure last year) and she thought it was a good price for the JS and also that the JS was an excellent option for me and 2 teenagers. So I'm pretty happy with how I did, but after reading through this thread, I'm not so sure. I welcome any feedback from you experts :)

I also see the prices have jumped on the cruises I have been watching. It looks like all they have done is remove the half-off second guest discount. They will probably adjust prices downward later.

I think the same. I think a downward will occur, then another BOGHO.

We pucrchased two cruises in the first week of May and did very well on both. A balcony as completely doubled and a JS was cheaper than any balcony we've had.

We're happy! :D

We did awesome! We booked last week for Allure and saved us almost $800 total (~$400 per person) - our Allure cruise final total price was an incredible amount for us compared our cruise on Oasis in May 2013!! (almost $2k difference between our future cruise on Allure 2016 and our past cruise on Oasis 2013 cruises for same deck, same balcony! :eek:)

Although, I kinda wish that we booked it in late May - could have saved us another total of $400 :o BUT overall, we are more than happy because we are able to cruise again but this time will be on Oasis's sister - Allure!!! :D

$856 on Indy in April for two on interior.

$1045 on Oasis in November for three on JS. With that kind of savings, I can go on another cruise, but I just don't have the vacation days. :D

Wasn't sure about the BOGOHO, thought prices would fall off after, but so far they haven't Have a Hump balcony on Adventure Southern Carribbean. Paid a tad over $1K pp and prices is still around 1,400 pp, so saved $800 or so.

And after my next cruise next week I'll go Platinum and my understanding is I can go ahead and get the Platinum balcony discount at that point.

So, feeling good.

:D

And after my next cruise next week I'll go Platinum and my understanding is I can go ahead and get the Platinum balcony discount at that point.

So, feeling good.

:D

Please come back and let us know how that works out. It's been my understanding based on some recent posts, that RCI is basing your cabin price on what level you are when you book, and if you change levels and want the discount, they reprice the cabin to the current price at that time. I'm hoping this is wrong, but not holding my breath.

I can't say exactly how the BOGOHO affected my cruise. Booked a OS on AOS at what I believe is a great price. That cruise is now showing all OS booked so I can't get an updated price to compare. The cruise just preceding mine is up about 40% over our booking price and the one following has almost doubled. Doubt I could afford a cabin like that unless I caught a sale like this. I'm very happy.

Please come back and let us know how that works out. It's been my understanding based on some recent posts, that RCI is basing your cabin price on what level you are when you book, and if you change levels and want the discount, they reprice the cabin to the current price at that time. I'm hoping this is wrong, but not holding my breath.

Well, obviously I won't give up an $800 savings for a $100 discount! But I think I read in other threads that the CA discount can be applied on a booked cruise without negating any prior deal. We shall see.