Just off Enchantment this morning

Just a quick highlight of our trip

Hands down the quickest and easiest embark/debark ever! From the time we walked into the terminal until we had our sea pass cards in hand and onboard was about 10 min. When we left this morning we were off the ship and in the parking lot in about 10 min.

I must admit that after spending so much time here and reading reviews we were mentally prepared to be disappointed. Not the case at all!

We had a JS (8132) and loved it! The ship was great-although smaller it didn't feel that way. Stateroom attendant was great.

Mark Walker is the CD and in our opinion, the best on any ship we've sailed. He was the CD on our very first cruise on the Monarch and we have always compared the rest to him! (Bing Bong)

The only complaints we had were in the dining room. Our wait staff was not very personable and service was slow. Food was hit or miss-not a lot of options that we cared for. Secondly-there was a group of about 300 fifteen yr old girls who were celebrating Quinceinera (sp?) from Argentina who were a pain. They were loud, rude, and very obnoxious. Nothing RC can do about that.

We had the $20 RR drink package and never had a problem with bar service.

Coco Cay is a fav. We parasailed and did the wave runners. Nassau-been there and done that-stayed on the ship most of the day.

Great trip all in all! Would have no problem sailing Enchantment again!

Up next we give Carnival ONE more try on the Liberty next month and then the Vision of the Seas in October.

I

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have to agree with you on your opinions. The food quality was not up to RCCL standards. Our room attendant Elvin ( 3146) was great. We took our granddaughters on their first cruise. He provided towel animals that our granddaughters ( 5&8 years old) were excited and looked forward to returning to the cabin each night to see what was there. We also used the Adventure Ocean program which we were impressed with. The girls loved it, and we were extremly impressed with the security methods in place for the children left there. As far as the 300 plus teenage girls from Argentina, that was a nightmare. They moved in swarms like bees and totally overloaded any areas the went to. In the Windjamer the acted like the had never eaten before. They commanderd a large qty of the tables and stayed around long after they finished eating, preventing other guests from finding a place to sit and eat.

Thanks for the report as we are sailing on July 28! How was Coco Cay? Was there another ship there when you were there?

I hope the teens aren't on our cruise, but I plan on spending my ship time in the Solarium. Did you go there? Was it empty of teens? Not that I don't like kids as my 2 daughters are going with me but they are 23 and 19!

We love Enchantment. Long drive for us so we normally do Majesty for our weekend getaways, but I have 2 booked on Enchantment for next year. Great ship, love the layout. great service. Hope some day Enchantment finds her way to Miami or FLL for her home port!!!!

Coco Cay was great! There were 2 ships in the day we were there so it was crowded. We got on the island early (9:30a) so we didn't have any problems finding beach chairs. I was in the Solarium a couple of times and almost never anyone there-no kids.

We were on the Enchantment 4 night July 7 and there was a large group of the Argentina girls. We had no problems with them, in fact, they were quite polite. We were worried when we first saw them but hardly noticed them, except the night of Argentina's victory in the World Cup semi-final when they started an "Argentina" chant before dinner.

In their defense, these are 15 year old children, possibly travelling without their parents for the first time, on a ship where the predominant language is not their native tongue. We were seated with a group of the girls for the final breakfast, & the waiters could not provide them with a menu in Spanish, nor did they make the effort to have someone communicate the choices to them. You would think if RC knows they have these large groups on board they would be able to provide menus for them. The wait staff completely ignored the girls at our table until my "mom instinct" took over & I got them water, juice, & a translator. I felt this was unacceptable & noted it on our post cruise survey. If this was a non-English speaking family would they have reacted similarly?

Other than that, we felt service on the Enchantment was superior!!!

Thanks for the review! We will be on the three day cruise on Eots in December. I haven't been on a cruise in 15 years so I can't wait to go!

Regarding the 15's...

We were in Disney World in February and they were all over. They travelled in packs and crowded any area they entered. My experience with them was to try and avoid them when possible. They seemed to be rude, but I didn't expect much less from a bunch of teenagers. Not that this is cruise related, but just know it happens outside of cruises as well. Hope it didn't ruin your stay! I sure hope they aren't on our trip in December since it's only a long weekend lol!

They didn't bother me personally but we did notice they were obnoxious and rude. They moved around the ship in large groups. I heard from several onboard that a small group of them were put off the ship in Nassau by the captain for misconduct. We were sailing with a group of folks, many of whom are frequent cruisers, and I heard several of them say they would never cruise in the summer again because of this.

In their defense, these are 15 year old children, possibly travelling without their parents for the first time, on a ship where the predominant language is not their native tongue. If this was a non-English speaking family would they have reacted similarly?

My only concern is I believe RCCL changes their rules to allow these groups. Unless you saw the correct number of adults with them?

22 days and we are back on Enchantment :) Do you by chance know or remember who the comedian and/or other acts are currently on the ship?

Thanks

Only the two production shows will remain the same. The headliners (comedy, singers, etc.) will be different. Request entertainment info for your cruise from [noparse]web_reservations@rccl.com[/noparse].

We were on the Enchantment 4 night July 7 and there was a large group of the Argentina girls. We had no problems with them, in fact, they were quite polite. We were worried when we first saw them but hardly noticed them, except the night of Argentina's victory in the World Cup semi-final when they started an "Argentina" chant before dinner.

In their defense, these are 15 year old children, possibly travelling without their parents for the first time, on a ship where the predominant language is not their native tongue. We were seated with a group of the girls for the final breakfast, & the waiters could not provide them with a menu in Spanish, nor did they make the effort to have someone communicate the choices to them. You would think if RC knows they have these large groups on board they would be able to provide menus for them. The wait staff completely ignored the girls at our table until my "mom instinct" took over & I got them water, juice, & a translator. I felt this was unacceptable & noted it on our post cruise survey. If this was a non-English speaking family would they have reacted similarly?

Other than that, we felt service on the Enchantment was superior!!!

How kind and thoughtful of you. :)

And, to the OP, thanks for the review. We loved Enchantment for her ample pool deck space.

They didn't bother me personally but we did notice they were obnoxious and rude. They moved around the ship in large groups. I heard from several onboard that a small group of them were put off the ship in Nassau by the captain for misconduct. We were sailing with a group of folks, many of whom are frequent cruisers, and I heard several of them say they would never cruise in the summer again because of this.

Its not just the summer! Familygoboston went on a cruise in February (?) and they had a group of 400 Argentinean girls celebrating their quinceanera. She said they were from a company called Fun Times.

22 days and we are back on Enchantment :) Do you by chance know or remember who the comedian and/or other acts are currently on the ship?

Thanks

We will be on the 8-4-14 sailing of Enchantment. Will be able to answer your questions before you sail.

Dennis